[Game] Kings Vs Miami Heat, 2/26/2024, 7:00p PT/10:00p ET (NBATV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Valiant effort. But Brown's penchant for staying w/successful group until they burn out and become unsuccessful - how often have we seen that now? Second night of a B2B, coming back from 20 down - and he went with that entire unit for almost the entire 4th. At least give them a bit of a blow in there, Mike.

Frustrating and stupid.

Well, I fully expect Brown to take some credit for this. The Kings came out a little flat but this was a coaching battle where one coach used strategic mismatches to change momentum and time ran out on the Kings.

Valiant effort. But Brown's penchant for staying w/successful group until they burn out and become unsuccessful - how often have we seen that now? Second night of a B2B, coming back from 20 down - and he went with that entire unit for almost the entire 4th. At least give them a bit of a blow in there, Mike.

Frustrating and stupid.
This was not a valiant effort. It was an embarrassing effort.

The lesson, is: you can't go down 20 points to start the 4th quarter and expect to win a game....85-79 - trade baskets no problem....Brown should not have left Huerter in the game.

To be fair, they stopped going to him because Fox was also going nuclear. Probably could have done with a couple less Huerter sets though.
And also Keegan was still mostly catching and shooting so his shots were determined by others and whether or not the defense allowed that pass or a window for the ball handler to see him. Keegan did all he could, just time ran out. Good news, Keegan also knocked that big shot down from his nightmare right corner. Teams have been leaving him there, if he starts hitting from that spot teams will have a problem clamping down on Fox and Domas even more than they already do.

And also Keegan was still mostly catching and shooting so his shots were determined by others and whether or not the defense allowed that pass or a window for the ball handler to see him. Keegan did all he could, just time ran out. Good news, Keegan also knocked that big shot down from his nightmare right corner. Teams have been leaving him there, if he starts hitting from that spot teams will have a problem clamping down on Fox and Domas even more than they already do.
It's nice to see Keegan with some fire in him. He was determined (for maybe a minute) to not let us lose.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The lesson, is: you can't go down 20 points to start the 4th quarter and expect to win a game....85-79 - trade baskets no problem....Brown should not have left Huerter in the game.
Meh, Huerter was drawing a lot of gravity on offense and hustling his ass off on defense and given that the alternative was a clearly off Malik Monk or Chris Duarte, I don’t know that he shouldn’t have been out there down the stretch.

Just out of curiosity but has the expectation for this team changed for anyone? Coming into this season I would deem making it to the second round a successful season, but I think as of now my expectations may have changed. I think just simply making the playoffs and being competitive and not necessarily making to the second round to me would still be considered successful.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Yeah, I think it’s going to take another summer for Keegan’s iso game and self-creation to solidify. I think he’s shown the ability to do it but I don’t know if he’s quite confident enough in it to do it yet. I don’t think it’s a matter of if for him though but just a matter of when. There’s no doubt in my mind that he’s our third star at this point.

Just out of curiosity but has the expectation for this team changed for anyone? Coming into this season I would deem making it to the second round a successful season, but I think as of now my expectations may have changed. I think just simply making the playoffs and being competitive and not necessarily making to the second round to me would still be considered successful.
What was the expectation? I think most could agree with a lot of what many pundits said prior to the season. It was very possible the Kings could be improved but still fall back in the standings. So far, that's pretty much nail on head. We'll see how it ends but in a way it's a great thing that the team hasn't fallen apart since they all know that Monte isn't determined to keep this team as is. Most teams that get that much media play about trading basically 2/5's of their starting lineup and some of their bench guys suffer at the end of the year.

Yeah, Wright has been one of the quietest underrated players in the league for a while. It really bugged me when the Kings let him go, as if he was a nobody
Remains the only truly "WTF MONTE" moment I've had about him in his tenure here. Just made no sense trading such a quality player for a washed back-up C...when we just signed Alex Len at that time too.

Giving up both Delon Wright and DiVincenzo still baffles me a bit.
DDV made sense. I think he had some ill-will to how Gentry coached him and we went and got Huerter instead.And it's pretty clear him and the Nova guys were all planning a way to get to NYK. But still, yeah, Monte knows the right guys to go and get.

Yeah, I think it’s going to take another summer for Keegan’s iso game and self-creation to solidify. I think he’s shown the ability to do it but I don’t know if he’s quite confident enough in it to do it yet. I don’t think it’s a matter of if for him though but just a matter of when. There’s no doubt in my mind that he’s our third star at this point.
Yeah we'll see. It's still the ball handling. For him to get the line he's going to have to able to control his dribble past the free throw line if Brown isn't going to use post play for him on a regular basis. I still don't get it. Keegan gets these smalls on him on the regular. What Spo did to Huerter and Davion, Brown can do with Keegan to other teams IMO.

Bringing a ragtag team and taking down the Kings seem to be the Spoelstra's special.
Spo is the smartest coach in the NBA.
Oh, please. The KINGS were on a B2B and the Heat hadn’t played since Friday. The Heat had won 4 consecutive road games coming in, including 3-0 on his current roadie, and the KINGS have a losing record in B2B’s both on the road and at home.

Anybody that has been paying attention shoulda known the likeliest outcome of this one.

Stop with the Spoelstra worship.

Status
Not open for further replies.