[Game] Kings vs. Mavericks, Friday 3/29 7:00PM PT/10:00PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bummer all around. I cancelled my nba league pass a couple weeks ago as returning to Australia.
Its not good for my health anyways to watch this crap with the refs.
Happy with the draft pick and hopefully a revamped squad next year.

Crazy how fast things can change. With Monk now likely out for a stretch of games...and only 9 games left,....I don't know that this team really knows how to close games without him, let alone cover for his scoring in general.

Tough to say this, but they might be in a dog fight to hold on for a final spot in the play-in
In addition to his scoring ability, Monk brings an “X factor” that can alter games. I’m seeing this in Davion too, growing ever stronger. I’m not sure if it will mature quickly enough to help us this season, but I hope we retain him.

In addition to his scoring ability, Monk brings an “X factor” that can alter games. I’m seeing this in Davion too, growing ever stronger. I’m not sure if it will mature quickly enough to help us this season, but I hope we retain him.
I don’t think going forward we can keep both Davion and Malik. Both want to be the primary ball handler off the bench. Neither have the size and length to be an effective 2. Malik’s emergence has coincided from him switching roles.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Depending on Monk's outlook there's an argument that missing the play-in entirely, preserving his health, and getting a lotto pick going into the summer is preferable to struggling thru the play-in and risking aggravating his injury (even if he does walk in FA).

Keon and Kessler contributing is a huge plus but I'm not gonna pretend that they can make up for Monk + Huerter in helping us get out of the first round.

This season is pretty much toast after tonight. We controlled our destiny with these 2 games. Tonight was game 7 on this season and we lost.
Losing game seven in G1C? We would never.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Any time the Kings lose we wish they'd played better but they didn't miss 70% of their threes or double digit free throws in this game nor did they play paper thin defense. (In fact, I would think that Sabonis leading the league in rebounds by a huge margin and Fox being second in steals ahead of a whole team's worth of perennial All-Defense selections would warrant more credit for our step forward on defense this year but that's a whole other discussion).

But in plain numbers, the final score was 107 - 103 and the free throw margin was +21 in favor of Dallas. It couldn't be more obvious that the Mavs were gifted this game and there's nothing the Kings could have done to change that. It's a tired argument that the officiating decides the winner in the NBA and it has been for decades but that doesn't make it any less true.

This is what happens when we run it back and stand pat at the deadline. Teams around us improve and we think we are "good enough."

Huerter can't shoot. Did anyone actually see the 3pt competition? Dude missed wide open shots.

Barnes is SLOW. Talk all year about his height, wingspan, etc. We need rebounding, athleticism, defense; not the unclutch grey falcon.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
This is what happens when we run it back and stand pat at the deadline. Teams around us improve and we think we are "good enough."

Huerter can't shoot. Did anyone actually see the 3pt competition? Dude missed wide open shots.

Barnes is SLOW. Talk all year about his height, wingspan, etc. We need rebounding, athleticism, defense; not the unclutch grey falcon.
A leap from Keegan and everyone staying perfectly healthy again (a totally reasonable request!) was all this team needed to be a championship contender tho!

What’s funny is people on this board were laughing about the Mavs “downgrading” by trading Grant Williams and getting Gafford and PJ. Yah, total downgrade

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
That doesn't exactly inspire confidence in the officiating.

I don't like to make a habit of blaming the refs, but when the league just sort of casually admits, "Oh yeah, we swallowed our whistles on a play that might end up costing the Kings a playoff spot," well...

Status
Not open for further replies.