[Game] Kings vs Los Angeles Lakers - 3/13/2024 7:00PM PST/10:00PM EST (ESPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Kings have had an easy time with the Lakers this season. They have a lot of confidence/cockiness playing them. Fox doesn't get guarded. Kings are playing at home and just played an energetic and excellent game against the Bucks. Kings are on a back-to-back. Needless to say, I'm not confident about the Kings winning this game. At all.

Lakers are trying to get out of the play in and we are doing our best to stay in it. Hopefully we can find a burst of energy because we aren’t great with back to backs and the Lakers are well rested.

We’re 3-0 against LAL this season with 2-double-digit wins. Domas is 9-0 against AD all-time. We’re ahead of the LAL in the standings and have been pretty much all season. We were last season, too. We’re also playing at home.

YET, the LAL are 3-point favorites tonight? WTF! I get that it’s a back-to-back but still.

I’m sure that if all of the circumstances above were reversed, we’d be 3-point favorites? :rolleyes:

The constant overhyping of LAL is maddening.

The KINGS better go out and kick their @$$es tonight…..

Beating LA would go a long way to getting the lakers off our backs for good this year. Currently 2 behind us in the standings, so a win tonight effectively puts them 4 behind us (with our tiebreaker). That will be pretty tough for them to overcome in less than 20 games. At this point, I'm sorta resigned to the fact that we may very well end up in the play-in, but just want to make damn sure we are not one of the 9 or 10 seeds.

Really hoping Keegan can play tonight. There are not a lot of guys on this roster with the right build to guard Lebron. The guys on this roster who can even matchup with him size wise are probably Keegan, Barnes, Lyles, and Sasha, and three of those guys probably aren't playing. I am NOT suggesting Sasha or even Lyles are good matchups on Lebron, but both at least have the size to play a few possessions if needed. You probably also won't be able to pack the paint and use guys like Domas and Len to shade closer to Lebron like we did with Gainnis last night, just given that Lebron is such a better shooter than Giannis.

So if Keegan can't go, we are going to see a lot of Barnes tonight, and probably a bit of Kessler thrown in to mix things up. This could be a tough matchup tonight. The Lakers have a lot of athletic size on the wings and at the 4, so not an ideal night to potentially be without Keegan, Lyles and Sasha.

If Huerter and Keegan are both out, yikes... I am guessing Mike would start Fox, Keon, Duarte, Barnes, and Sabonis, and then come with Monk, Kessler, Davion, and Len off the bench. Maybe some run for Colby as well. The only other guys who would even be able to suit up are Javale, Ford, Slawson, and Mason Jones.

Kings have had an easy time with the Lakers this season. They have a lot of confidence/cockiness playing them. Fox doesn't get guarded. Kings are playing at home and just played an energetic and excellent game against the Bucks. Kings are on a back-to-back. Needless to say, I'm not confident about the Kings winning this game. At all.
Me neither. If it wasn't a back to back I would say different but we suck on back to back games so I think people going to the game tonight will be disappointed when the Kings lose by 25 while trailing the whole night and not playing energized basketball.

Me neither. If it wasn't a back to back I would say different but we suck on back to back games so I think people going to the game tonight will be disappointed when the Kings lose by 25 while trailing the whole night and not playing energized basketball.
I think Kayte said the Kings started the season 0-4 on the 2nd night of back to backs, and are actually 5-1 since then. I wouldn’t worry about the Kings showing up to play against another decent to good team, especially the Lakers in particular.

I remember the Lakers beating us at Golden 1 last year due to a BS foul call on Fox and that’s really my biggest worry tonight. Garbage officiating. If we can somehow keep the freethrow disparity down to a reasonable amount, i think we have a chance to win tonight. No reason for arrogance or assuming we “own” anybody, even if the Kings so clearly do. With players injured, we’re gonna need even more effort tonight. Gang rebounding, and limiting those annoyingly open 3’s.

They were doing it before the last matchup so i was nervous about AD coming out hungry only for him to disappear again. I think the Kings still have to be cognizant of all this, and be ready for LA to try and punch us in the mouth to start the game. Can’t fall behind double digits again, as it takes too much energy to come back.

I don’t want ANY losses to that godforsaken franchise, but, if we do, I’d rather it be tonight vs the play-in situation unless we nab the 6th seed.

Really hoping Keegan can play tonight. There are not a lot of guys on this roster with the right build to guard Lebron. The guys on this roster who can even matchup with him size wise are probably Keegan, Barnes, Lyles, and Sasha, and three of those guys probably aren't playing. I am NOT suggesting Sasha or even Lyles are good matchups on Lebron, but both at least have the size to play a few possessions if needed. You probably also won't be able to pack the paint and use guys like Domas and Len to shade closer to Lebron like we did with Gainnis last night, just given that Lebron is such a better shooter than Giannis.

So if Keegan can't go, we are going to see a lot of Barnes tonight, and probably a bit of Kessler thrown in to mix things up. This could be a tough matchup tonight. The Lakers have a lot of athletic size on the wings and at the 4, so not an ideal night to potentially be without Keegan, Lyles and Sasha.
Heading down to game but they just announced Huerter is out but Keegan is coming back

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Well, I hope you're wrong, and I know you hope you're wrong, but......:D

Status
Not open for further replies.