[Game] Kings vs Jazz, 7pm Pacific 10 pm Eastern 10/19/2023

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Monte’s master plan of trading Haliburton to draft a 2nd round version of him is kinda brilliant i must say lol :p
I saw a decent amount of Colby over his college days, always thought he had a chance to be a contributor. Looked back to see what notes I kept on him, though, and it turns out those were very sparse. Three words, in fact: "Kinda baby Hali?"

If only we could combine McGee and Len. McGee's bone headed plays are infuriating but so is Len's awful touch around the rim.
Ehh last night was more anomaly than anything. His touch isn’t great but not like he shoots 20% consistently. He has average touch for a big.

I’m surprised Brown seems to be riding w/ McGee over him. Honestly things flow better w/ Len in there, he sets better picks and understands his role better offensively imo. Len was screening practically every play in the 4th, & guys were getting lost in it. Defensively Len is just superior at this stage.

Has me thinking Kings guaranteed McGee time as backup when they signed him honestly so gonna see how he does at least a few weeks. No big harm in that but this seems like Deja Vu from last season really of benching Len for questionable reasons.

Last edited:

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I saw a decent amount of Colby over his college days, always thought he had a chance to be a contributor. Looked back to see what notes I kept on him, though, and it turns out those were very sparse. Three words, in fact: "Kinda baby Hali?"
He kinda feels more like a baby Cade to me. That said, he’s shown himself to be a better shooter from the perimeter than him.

Ehh last night was more anomaly than anything. His touch isn’t great but not like he shoots 20% consistently. He has average touch for a big.

I’m surprised Brown seems to be riding w/ McGee over him. Honestly things flow better w/ Len in there, he sets better picks and understands his role better offensively imo. Len was screening practically every play in the 4th, & guys were getting lost in it. Defensively Len is just superior at this stage.

Has me thinking Kings guaranteed McGee time as backup when they signed him honestly so gonna see how he does at least a few weeks. No big harm in that but this seems like Deja Vu from last season really of benching Len for questionable reasons.
I think McGee will move out of the rotation in a couple weeks. He has averaged >3 turnovers per 36 through most of his career, and offenses keep getting more complicated.

I totally agree, including about the sub rosa verbal agreement. Len shot 77.8% in the playoffs, when it really counted.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I think Brown will probably run with him depending on the matchups and whether we need defense to hold teams off or offense to catch up.
Eh, I'm not even sure about that tbh. He's been SO into Javale from the get-go, I think he's going to get every opportunity to "lose" the role and play himself out of it. Which sucks, because that means it cuts out Vezenkov/Duarte/Jones/Kessler from getting an opportunity, all of whom have vastly more long-term value to our team than Javale.

Eh, I'm not even sure about that tbh. He's been SO into Javale from the get-go, I think he's going to get every opportunity to "lose" the role and play himself out of it. Which sucks, because that means it cuts out Vezenkov/Duarte/Jones/Kessler from getting an opportunity, all of whom have vastly more long-term value to our team than Javale.
I hear you for sure, but I can't help but think we 100% win the warriors series and have a serious shot at winning the title last year as constructed + McGee.

I hear you for sure, but I can't help but think we 100% win the warriors series and have a serious shot at winning the title last year as constructed + McGee.
Vinny, do you need some more of nonna's pasta to get your mind in the right headspace? What are we talking about here? 35 year old Javale who can't move laterally anymore is not helping us win a title last season. Len was playing AWESOME at the end of the year and he got played off the floor because of how the Warriors were attacking him on defense. I don't think Javale is actually better than Len right now either.

It's frustrating because I think Javale is an excellent end of bench depth/leadership voice that can be used in the right match-ups vs other Giants to wrestle with in the post. He's absolutely not someone who should be getting 12 MPG consistently every game.

Vinny, do you need some more of nonna's pasta to get your mind in the right headspace? What are we talking about here? 35 year old Javale who can't move laterally anymore is not helping us win a title last season. Len was playing AWESOME at the end of the year and he got played off the floor because of how the Warriors were attacking him on defense. I don't think Javale is actually better than Len right now either.

It's frustrating because I think Javale is an excellent end of bench depth/leadership voice that can be used in the right match-ups vs other Giants to wrestle with in the post. He's absolutely not someone who should be getting 12 MPG consistently every game.
Jamal, I will never say no to sauce - you know me too well. In fact I have been known to feign insanity in order to obtain more. I am certainly amenable to your interpretation. At the least, I am willing to openly advertise my bribability to advocate for nearly any position. Think of me like a congressman - but only for sauce.

Please use this knowledge responsibly sir.

That we are a in a 30 year draught of defensive big man in the northern Central Valley may also be contributing to my hysteria. In either case - sauce is required. Thank you.