[Game] Kings vs Jazz 3/25/2023 7pm Pacific 10pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really thought I was going to see the rookie 3 record fall this week in Portland but no way Keegan doesn't break it by halftime Monday at this pace. I'll have to settle for seeing it set about 8 times instead.
The Jazz aren't ignoring Keegan on the catch and shoot anymore so we'll have to see. The Jazz zone is also partly there to take away the DHO action with that second defender in the 2-3 set there to meet the shooter on the other side of the screen.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Our two-for-one possessions these last few weeks have been consistently shockingly bad.
Have they ever been good? Am I only noticing the bad ones? I really hate them, and I understand this is Brown's philosophy but we almost always jack up a bad shot on the first one. I don't get why we don't just try to get one quality shot and hope to rush their return? This is not the same as an NFL team trying to close the first half and then receive the second half kickoff, imho. It's just a way to give up two points to close quarters with rushed shots.

Huerter and Barnes are going to have to have big games to make up for the lack of Fox. Those are the two next best shot creators and against a zone relying on the typical offense is clearly not something they can afford to do.

Absolutely dreadful defense... an every night theme. Their bench is literally a G-League lineup. Their best player is a rookie center... their 2nd best player is Kelly Olynyk... their 3rd best player is a rookie who averages 6.5pts/game on the season.

There's no way we lose to them twice in 1 week right? This is an awful Utah Jazz team.

Coach Brown was impatient with his bench tonight. Usually they play with Fox, then Sabonis, so what did he expect? Only Dellavedova has played more than seven minutes. You have to give them time to get in a groove. Also, I was surprised not to see Terence Davis out there, given the Utah zone defense.

Absolutely dreadful defense... an every night theme. Their bench is literally a G-League lineup. Their best player is a rookie center... their 2nd best player is Kelly Olynyk... their 3rd best player is a rookie who averages 6.5pts/game on the season.

There's no way we lose to them twice in 1 week right? This is an awful Utah Jazz team.
I think so too but honestly....I expected you guys to be up 20 by half

This kind of interior defense means 4 and out first round exit.
Maybe, depends on the opponent. 3 point shooting nowadays makes up for a lot. This will certainly be a first time thing. I can't remember many teams this polar opposite on both sides on the ball to even compare. Maybe the Nash era Suns? I think this team is pretty close to that one as far as comparisons but even the Suns were kind of in the middle defensively and had a few all NBA level defenders to rely on with Bell and Marion.

This is why I like the idea of drafting 7'1 Dereck Lively, whos got a 7'7" wingspan.

Paying for the type of rim protection the Kings could use in free agency can cost a whole lot, n with Holmes still on the books for next season we'd be allocating quite a bit of $$$ to the C position.

Lively represents a cheaper option with upside.

It's not like Walker Kessler, whos destroying the Kings currently, was some lotto pick he went 21st last year.

What the he'll is going on with you guys.
This is unfortunately the brand of basketball we play every single night. We literally don't play any type of defense which lets bad teams stick with us the entire game. Then at the final minutes of the 4th quarter, we give the ball to Fox and pray. Our entire motto of winning is basically: "score more than the other team."

Another big problem against the Jazz is our inability to function against a zone.

This is why I like the idea of drafting 7'1 Dereck Lively, whos got a 7'7" wingspan.

Paying for the type of rim protection the Kings could use in free agency can cost a whole lot, n with Holmes still on the books for next season we'd be allocating quite a bit of $$$ to the C position.

Lively represents a cheaper option with upside.

It's not like Walker Kessler, whos destroying the Kings currently, was some lotto pick, he went 21st last year.
We need Dereck Lively... bad. I just don't know if he'll be there at our pick.

That right there is what I've been saying forever, you can just run middle pick and roll against zone in the NBA. Keep running that. I don't know why coaches think you have to enter the ball into the free throw area like college. The 3 second rule negates that.

Status
Not open for further replies.