[Game] Kings vs. Grizzlies - 3/18/2024 - 7PM PST/10PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.
rare good stat for sabonis 13/15 from the free throw line.. If only he gets as many freethrows in his other games with how physical teams play him.
Yea i really hope this is a sign of things to come. He may be even more aggressive at times, knowing his FT stroke has greatly improved as of late.

Last edited:
We 100% lose this one if Desmond Bane doesn't play, that's the almost hilarious part, but the Grizzlies are usually tough no matter who's out there and you'd better be ready to play. I'm just happy we got it done.
Just curious, who do you think was gonna backfill the 24 points Bane scored tonight?

IMO, one of the reasons the Griz were even in it late Q4 was because Brown got stubborn with his lineup. HB went out with 6:16 remaining and the same 5 played until :23 seconds remaining on OT.

That 5 began that 11-minute stretch with a 3-point lead but lost the lead with under a minute to go in regulation. I saw a tired group out there struggling mightily to bring it home. I couldn’t believe the same 5 started OT.

The KINGS are super lucky Money Malik made some big shots and that Keon made a couple timely defensive plays.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
keon ellis reminds me of alex caruso with his defense. He could score 5 points but his defense impacts the game big time.
Caruso is drastically overrated. I sure hope Keon develops into a much better all-around player.

There’s a faction of fans here that always seem to covet and overrate that which our team doesn’t have. Once this team has ‘em, many of those same fans want ‘em traded due to the flaws they finally get to see up close and personal on a nightly basis.

If this team was a defensive juggernaut that had major problems scoring, the fans would be coveting one-dimensional offensive scorers.

Like it or not, in this current era and rule set of basketball, players that are proficient at putting the ball in the basket (and are a bit underwhelming on the other end of the floor) are more valuable than players that are considered defensive stoppers (and are a bit underwhelming on the other end of the floor).

That said, Keon gives the KINGS a bit more balance on the floor (with the starting 5) than they get with Huerter. They end up with at least 2 plus defenders (Ellis, Keegan) with Swipa being a 3rd defensive wildcard depending upon his offensive focus from game to game. And an argument can be made that the offense isn’t taking much of a hit with Ellis over Huerter, considering how Kevin has played much of the season (and even back to the final months of last season).

IMO Coach Brown has been loyal to Huerter to a fault. With the way the KINGS had been playing lately when Keon was starting, I don’t understand the rationale of going back to #9.

Status
Not open for further replies.