[Game] Kings vs Clippers, 2/24/2023 7:30pm Pacific 10:30pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to have such a problem again :)

Don't want to derail this thread, but I'm still salty about Petrie letting him walk. I guess he let him go as a favor, since he wasn't going to be "The man" here behind Peja. I refuse to believe that he couldn't have made some move to retain him, and preferred Peeler over GW in pursuit of a championship. In any case, let's not hijack this thread, which is the celebration of a GREAT victory.
He didn't let him walk. He had to make at least one player available for the expansion draft. Players who were FAs were not eligible. While I still feel Webber should have been the choice (he wouldn't have been picked), Wallace was the only other choice.

He didn't let him walk. He had to make at least one player available for the expansion draft. Players who were FAs were not eligible. While I still feel Webber should have been the choice (he wouldn't have been picked), Wallace was the only other choice.
I know. Don't recall the exact roster, and who were eligible, etc. My point is that Geoff could have exposed some other player, or traded for some guy at the deadline, who could have been made available for the draft. The reason that he didn't go for any of these options was that Wallace probably wanted a change, and all sides felt that he could be a major player in a new team starting from scratch (which did in fact turn out to be the case). So, he did him a solid.

This is of course speculation on my part. Going forward, I'll refrain from posting on this topic in this thread. I think it's been discussed enough over the years, and is anyway moot now.

Can't disrespect your franchise player by doing that for strategic reasons. Can't do it at all. I was around during that time, and I agree with all you've written here except for saying Webber should have been the choice.

Furthermore, GW's career outside of Sac wasn't going to happen in Sac based on the team make-up. He needed that change in scenery to develop.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm not sure many realize how good of a team the Clippers have been when both Leonard and George play. Before this game, they were 19-9 when both of them play. That's on pace for a 56 win team. Not to mention the Clippers were at home.

This was a really quality win against a team that is much better than their record indicates.
It will take time to fully incorporate them, but this is also a Clippers team that added Plumlee, Gordon, Hyland, and Westbrook. As much as Russ was a bad fit with the Lakers, he's a pretty good fit with the Clips. If both teams are healthy, the Suns and Clippers are legit championship contenders. And yet the Kings still sit in 3rd place in the West.

This is the most fun I've had watching NBA basketball in eons.

Westbrook's man is Harrison Barnes when that shot goes up.... The defensive breakdown was from Norman Powell biting way too hard trying to trap the baseline, n really thats an exellent play by De'Aaron, which is really where the credit is due. Fox used the baseline masterfully in the clutch in this game, n on this particular play Fox not only baits him but also manages to wait til the very last second to make him pay the most, suspending Powell into stasis in no mans land.

This is why I kinda dont get the whole "lets hate on the other teams players" shtick. In doing so you take away from the honest effort our players put forth. In this particular situation as well, the movement of our offense is running the Clippers defense ragged n so Coach Brown deserves some credit as well, on the play in question we look like by-far the more well prepared team.

It's a pretty good effort there by Westbrook actually, even as he closes out he's still trying to maintain his defensive integrity in the passing lane to Harrison Barnes. If Westbrook were to run straight at monk instead of the first few steps towards Barnes n then redirect towards Monk as he did, Monk simply passes the ball to Barnes for an even more wide open 3, so IDK how u could really fault Westbrook here, he was stuck between a rock n a hardplace n tried his best.

Furthermore if Westbrook is supposed to be in the corner there, that leaves Batum and Morris who are up near the FT line already, stretched even further from being able to box out or deter any last second tip in..
Really ballsy play by Fox as well. If he didn't time that right, it's a turnover almost every time. I'm still on such a high omg

Status
Not open for further replies.