[Game] Kings v. Raptors, 2/5/14, 7 PM PST, 10 PM EST

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Kingsfans.com Official Gameday Thread
Game 49
Sacramento Kings versus Toronto Raptors
By Stephen Tetsu, the Office Schmuck

Bad clown! Bad clown!

Demarcus is back! The Kings won but that's probably the secondary story to the fact Demarcus Cousins made his return to the hardwood. Even though he, in his own words, "shouldn't have been out there," Boogie returned in exclamatory fashion to the tune of 25 points, 16 rebounds, 4 assists, and an entire frustrated roster of Chicago Bulls.

I'd say it's surprising how much better the Kings are with Demarcus on the floor but that would be stating the incredibly obvious. If the 6 game losing streak wasn't proof, the fact the Kings absolutely pulverized an above-average Chicago frontcourt and made Joakim Noah take an early shower was.

And so we curbstomped the ghost of the Chicago Bulls, just a few years removed from being the media darlings of the NBA, setting a Sacramento-era record for lowest opponent field goal percentage.

Has the train gotten back on track? Can anyone slow down the Boogie Monster? Stay tuned to find out.

Great Moments in Mike Dunleavy History.
“He called me a clown? I’d like to respond, but clowns can’t talk. So I [can] mime or make him some animal balloons or something,” Dunleavy quipped. “That’s the epitome of the pot calling the kettle black. But honestly, I’ve never been called that before. I guess there’s a first time for everything. I don’t have much to say about that.

“I think his reputation speaks for itself. He’s got a short fuse and easily irritated, so you can’t really breathe on the guy without him flipping out. So that kind of stuff happens. He’s susceptible to that, probably will be for the rest of his career,” he went on to say. “I haven’t had any issues with anybody in this league, so I’m just going to leave it at that. There’s not much more for me to say.”

-Mike Dunleavy Jr. on Demarcus Cousins

The View From the Other Side: Chicago Bulls
All comments taken from BlogaBull.com
  • 7;32 why basketball gods? all I ask for is a fun game, and I get this crap
  • 7:30 DMC finna have a double double in the first
  • 7:31 Hey Bulls Let’s not have another blowout in sac town please
  • 7:36 lol great quarter Bulls!
  • 7:44 Sacto has a lot of big guys.
  • 8:24 Like chewing sand, this is. Why, why watch this crap. Like a bad college game.
  • 8:40 It's funny listening on the radio They just said Noah’s ejection could inspire the rest of his teammates and the Bulls could make a run with a second wind. What a joke.
  • 8:43 cousins is a flopping *****
  • 9:12 SAC could be so much better if their coach let them run, like PHO. They have a bunh of athletes and shooters
  • 9:23 i think i found worst commentators than Neil and Stacey i can’t listen to these guys the Kings have…
  • 9:34 The Kings have a lot of talented players. Our pick from them next year looks promising now.
  • 7:55 AM Cousins calling someone else a clown?
    That would be ironic even if the person was actually employed as a clown.
  • 10:20 I’ve never really cared for nor had any issues with DeMarcus Cousin or the Kings. After the game last night, his antic… his behavior and just the most absurd, childish pouting I have ever seen from a grown ass dude — **** made me sick every time his face was shown on my TV. The guy is beyond a prima donna. He’s a great player, but man, that dude’s attitude and all that ****ing whining man. I can understand how Noah just lost his cool. There’s people on the basketball court you love to play against and there’s people on the basketball court that you ****ing hate to play against cause they ***** and cry about everything. It makes the game so ****ty to watch. DeMarcus Cousin is a ****ing cry baby.

Tonight's Game

Hmm. These guys look familiar.

The surprise team of the eastern conference, the Toronto Raptors continue their long march towards the playoffs, bolstered by a bench rotation that is pretty much just the four guys we traded for Rudy, Acy, and Gray.

Predictions and Closure
Facing a frontcourt led by the mighty defensive four headed monster of Amir Johnson, Jonas Valanciunas, Patrick Patterson, and Chuck Hayes, Demarcus goes full monster mode on the Raptors, eating Jonas for breakfast and finishing the night off with a hearty Chuckwagon special. Kings win, 108-100. Demarcus continues to show why he's an all-star with 34 points, 14 rebounds, and 5 assists. Rudy is his usual efficient self right to the point when he hits a clutch dagger late in the game and promptly flips off the entire Raptors front office. Meanwhile, the Stinky Fish remains stinky and Greivis and IT challenge each other for the title of worst PG defender on the court.

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Last edited:
Mike Dunleavy. A Class Act

Before i post the other pics of Mr. Dunleavy, i must ask the admin, would a picture of a person giving the middle finger to the camera be not allowed on this forum?

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat

Great Moments in Mike Dunleavy History.

“He called me a clown? I’d like to respond, but clowns can’t talk. So I [can] mime or make him some animal balloons or something,” Dunleavy quipped. “That’s the epitome of the pot calling the kettle black. But honestly, I’ve never been called that before. I guess there’s a first time for everything. I don’t have much to say about that.

“I think his reputation speaks for itself. He’s got a short fuse and easily irritated, so you can’t really breathe on the guy without him flipping out. So that kind of stuff happens. He’s susceptible to that, probably will be for the rest of his career,” he went on to say. “I haven’t had any issues with anybody in this league, so I’m just going to leave it at that. There’s not much more for me to say.”

-Mike Dunleavy Jr. on Demarcus Cousins

UNDER CONSTRUCTION
That's actually fairly clever on his part.

Of course in this case Boogie referring to him as a clown is in reference to his general habit of engaging in borderline dirty play but wanting no part of the consequences you would face with that on a playground.

Isn't this a thread on tonight's Raptors game? We've already beaten Chicago. We have a neat story with Toronto right now. They have taken a couple of our former starters and made a fantastically successful bench bunch out of them, all four of them. More power to them. Come on Kings, make it two in a row.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The internet ate most of my freaking post so that abbreviated VFTOS will have to do. I should probably go to sleep now before the sun comes up.

This game could go either way, these kind of games are just strange. Patterson, Salmons, Vasquez can all go off and Gay could go off. It will be interesting to see how Cousins does vs Hayes. Not only is Chuck a good post defender but he knows all of DMC's tendencies. I still say we win but I expect Patterson, Salmons and Vasquez to have good games.

Entity

Hall of Famer
This game could go either way, these kind of games are just strange. Patterson, Salmons, Vasquez can all go off and Gay could go off. It will be interesting to see how Cousins does vs Hayes. Not only is Chuck a good post defender but he knows all of DMC's tendencies. I still say we win but I expect Patterson, Salmons and Vasquez to have good games.
all demarcus has to do is hold the ball straight up. chuck can't reach it even if he jumped

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
On a slightly different note, this game may be Boogie's last best hope to line himself up for the All Star slot that will open up when Kobe can't go. Adam Silver will be attending the game, and he makes the call on who the replacement player will be. Time to drop 50 big guy! :p

Should be fun.

Lowry vs. Thomas will be interesting, with Lowry being on my short list of players I'd replace Thomas with. He's having a great year. Much better defender than IT, we'll see if he can slow Thomas down.

What's the reaction you give to players who you didn't like on the court but didn't have a problem with off it?
Chuck - didn't earn his paycheck, can't appreciate that
Grievous - such a likeable guy, too bad he doesn't have nba athleticism
Salmons - just hearing the name brings a chuckle
Ppat - was most disappointed with him. Showed last year what he is showing now, ability to be a quality role stretch 4, annoyed me by sucking azz during first stretch this year

Should be fun.

Lowry vs. Thomas will be interesting, with Lowry being on my short list of players I'd replace Thomas with. He's having a great year. Much better defender than IT, we'll see if he can slow Thomas down.
totally agree i have always wanted the Kings to go after Lowry.

I'm not positive on this, but i think Lowry has had some big games against Isaiah Thomas (surprise surprise)

Should be fun.

Very interested in this match-up as well. Lowry is also on my wish-list. However, would he want to play with Gay again?

K

KingMilz

Almost forgot about this one, Drummond tries to help him up and he pushes him away lol. MD really does not like people 6'10+

Glenn

Hall of Famer
This could be a very fun game. BTW, Salmons has been played out of position his entire time here. I know people love to call him names but besides the awful coaches he played under, he's a sg and not sf.