[Game] Kings v. Mavericks - Dec. 9, 2013 - 7 p.m. PST

Who will be the star tonight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Seeing Rudy Gay and the other new players walk down from the box seats going through the crowd like that reminded me of late 90s wrestling, when a new wrestler would show up switching from WCW to the WWE to stir up some trouble.
Hall and Nash "The Outsiders" lol those were the days

I say cause of his defence Williams should be starting and if JT gets in early foul trouble move him to PF and bring in Rudy Gay for scoring punch of the bench.
I think that it might depend on size of opposing PF. If you have a real big PF then use JT or use JT behind Big Cuz

Cuz,Jt,Gay
Cuz,Gay,DW
Jt,Gay,DW

Jt can play 4 or 5
Gay,DW can play 3 or 4

3 positions 144 min
4 players 36 min
Play JT against bigger matchups

4 up front
4 backcourt Ben 36min , Thorton 12
IT 36, Ray 12 (needs the experience to be back up)

Nice 8 man rotation, Get er done Malone

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Thank God

I missed some of the game though (recorded the replay) Can anyone point out what was done differently?
Malone brought in the (depleted) bench unit at the end of the first quarter like he usually does and they were so bad they coughed up a double digit lead in less than 5 minutes. In the second half he shortened the rotation up and let the starters build a bigger lead before swapping out one or two guys at a time rather than the whole lineup. He adjusted his game plan in the second half and we cruised to an easy win as a result. As VF21 pointed out, this is pretty basic NBA coaching stuff but we haven't really had a quality NBA coach for so long that it took some of us by surprise during the game. In a good way.

Malone brought in the (depleted) bench unit at the end of the first quarter like he usually does and they were so bad they coughed up a double digit lead in less than 5 minutes. In the second half he shortened the rotation up and let the starters build a bigger lead before swapping out one or two guys at a time rather than the whole lineup. He adjusted his game plan in the second half and we cruised to an easy win as a result. As VF21 pointed out, this is pretty basic NBA coaching stuff but we haven't really had a quality NBA coach for so long that it took some of us by surprise during the game. In a good way.
Thank you!! Finally watched the replay, and that was one of the most enjoyable games to watch in a long long time. Something definitely just FEELS different right now, and I like it.