Kings trade Tyrese and Buddy for Sabonis and Holiday and Lamb

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I just don't see how you let the young player on the affordable deal go. This is just how we get permatrapped in being a dogsht franchise.

Thank god for Tommy Lloyd and the Arizona Wildcats. If I wind up snowbirding in 5 years Tuscon is on my short list and I could survive this. Kings still gonna suck.

Well in an era where spreading the floor matters and Sabonis plays in the low post you just traded away your two shooters so the lane becomes more clogged.

I think your starting 5 has to be
Sabonis
Barnes
Holiday
Mitchell
Fox

I just don't see how you let the young player on the affordable deal go. This is just how we get permatrapped in being a dogsht franchise.

Thank god for Tommy Lloyd and the Arizona Wildcats. If I wind up snowbirding in 5 years Tuscon is on my short list and I could survive this. Kings still gonna suck.
we just got older and F’d up the next 5 years. Scouts around the league are laughing at Monte’s understanding of fit

Synergy Sports Tech @SynergySST
Tyrese Haliburton ranks third in the #NBA in points created passing out of ball screens and has shot an eFG% of 61% in spot up and 72% in transition situations. He was born on leap day and will turn 22 at the end of the month.

StatMuse @statmuse
Tyrese Haliburton last 24 games: 17.3 PPG 9.4 APG 2.6 TOV 47/43/87% He is a career 41.1% shooter from three. Look away Kings fans. pic.twitter.com/1OCrNs1Fei

Matt Williams @StatsWilliams
Tyrese Haliburton ranks in the top-6 in both total assists and steals this season. He is 1 of 3 players to rank in the top-6 in both categories, along with Chris Paul and Dejounte Murray.

Ky Carlin @Ky_Carlin
Domantas Sabonis is a damn good player, but man, you don’t trade Tyrese Haliburton for him. Wow. That’s absolutely insane.

-----
The last tweet just about sums up the overall reaction.
Kangz forever.

How is Sabonis a proven star? What am I missing? He’s a throwback skilled big that has value but it’s hard to form a team around his skill set. There’s a reason he hasn’t uplifted the Pacers anywhere since he’s been the focal point.