Kings trade rumor SZN 2023-2024 edition!

Let him resign with Raptors finally and stop trying to move somewhere :)
It’s obvious that nobody will risk with player for 4 months, he isn’t Jordan after all… Better wait the summer and attack him then …

Warriors supposedly see Kuminga as a future star and don’t want to trade him regardless of Siakams‘s contract situation. That should rule the Kings out of any Kuminga talks and good luck Warriors with that relationship.

Makes players like Kuzma at 25 million a year and still signed long term more realistic.

Wash your mouth out with soap!
I hear ya. I just desperately want to see a trade happen that improves the Kings. A lot of buyers and not sellers.
Kings apparently have made Barnes, Huerter, and Mitchell available but is there any know interest in any of them? Especially Huerter at over 15 million a year.

Last edited:
Let’s pretend it is Barnes, huerter, Mitchell for Siakam. If the worry is siakam doesnt re-sign we would be 41 million under next years projected cap. That would give us freedom to get Malik paid. His contract looks to be in the 20 mil a year range. Would still be able to get players in at least the caliber of the 3 we traded. I
I pretty much put the same thing out earlier in this thread, but doesn’t seem likely that will happen. For one thing Toronto isn’t interested in that return.
We will need to look elsewhere, maybe break our available players up and look towards teams like Atlanta. They supposedly will shake it up, everyone excluding Young and Johnson available according to some sources. Or Chicago similar scenario.

Warriors supposedly see Kuminga as a future star and don’t want to trade him regardless of Siakams‘s contract situation. That should rule the Kings out of any Kuminga talks and good luck Warriors with that relationship.

Makes players like Kuzma at 25 million a year and still signed long term more realistic.
Future star but don’t play him haha

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Why are you so against Kuzma? He’ll be a passable defender when we take the offensive role he has right now from him and can be a switchable defender with Keegan. He’s probably the best player we can get with our assets
Because trading Barnes for a player who is worse than Barnes and has a bigger contract for an extra year would be very silly.

Why are you so against Kuzma? He’ll be a passable defender when we take the offensive role he has right now from him and can be a switchable defender with Keegan. He’s probably the best player we can get with our assets
Seeing that the Kings are reportedly only willing to deal, Huerter, HB and Mitchell and some 2nd rounders, I can see Kuzma as a likely trade target for Monte. Seeing that his contract is reasonable for a #3 or #4 on a playoff team, I think he would be an upgrade. Monte has been linked to Kuzma before.

Another player to keep an eye is Charlotte's PJ Washington.

Seeing that the Kings are reportedly only willing to deal, Huerter, HB and Mitchell and some 2nd rounders, I can see Kuzma as a likely trade target for Monte. Seeing that his contract is reasonable for a #3 or #4 on a playoff team, I think he would be an upgrade. Monte has been linked to Kuzma before.

Another player to keep an eye is Charlotte's PJ Washington.
Keon Ellis and Colby Jones are not available. They have plans for them

What ever they do making a trade in the short future should be a priority before most of the good options are off the board like usual.

I didn’t know some think Barnes is better then Kuzma I disagree vehemently
Agreed with you. Kuzma is better than Barnes.

To give the Barnesarinhos their due though.... Barnes is probably better at being a 6th or 7th option. Ahahaha! :D

The real question should be... is Kuzma a better 5th option than Barnes, who can step up to be a 3rd or 4th scoring option when Murray and Huerter/Monk is having an off game?

I think the answer to this question is yes.

I also think Kuzma has the tools to be a better defender (when he wants to be; due to his younger age, lengthier frame, and better mobility), and is a better rebounder too.

Last edited:
Did Orlando find something in Caleb Houstan? He is something like 18/28 from 3 over his last 4 games. I thought the Magic could be a potential trade partner because they lacked shooting. Then all of a sudden they are a 40 percent from 3 and their 20 year old is splashing them. Hard to say

This is a weird deadline because there are so few sellers.

Toronto (Siakam but he wants a Zillion dollars and the Raps want a big return)

Atlanta ( Murray but he doesn’t fit what we need. Doesn’t play defense anymore either)

Washington (Kuzma. I tend to like The Pink Sweater more than most. He has size, good rebounder and passer. Good scorer and better on defense than given credit. Don’t love that he allegedly turned us down for a bigger role on a bad team. I’m not sure i believe it but that makes me nervous)

Chicago- just Lavine so far. Bad contract, questionable health, questionable impact on winning and no defense. Is he the next Wiggins reclamation or a just another big stats on bad team guy?

Portland has Grant, Thybulle and MB. I like Grant, his contract isn’t too bad compared to these others. Great shooter from 3, decent iso game and solid defense. He might be one of the better options unless Portland thinks they are prime for a big turnaround and want to keep him. Thybulle should be a target. He is one of the few that could really change our defense imo. MB is good and could be a fall back option but he’s the type that stubs his toe when he brushes his teeth.

all the other teams are buying, being patient or don’t have a clear direction (nets). Teams like Houston have about 4 too many wings but none of them are available or ready to help us win now.

Washington (Kuzma. I tend to like The Pink Sweater more than most. He has size, good rebounder and passer. Good scorer and better on defense than given credit. Don’t love that he allegedly turned us down for a bigger role on a bad team. I’m not sure i believe it but that makes me nervous)
I think you have that wrong, Kuzma didn't turn down the Kings. When that trade happened, I remember reading that he was all set to join the Kings and looking forward to it. He also wanted to stay in Cali. But then Lebron and AD insisted that Pelinka make a trade for Westbrook instead of Hield, which is how Kuzma ended up on the Wizards.

I think you have that wrong, Kuzma didn't turn down the Kings. When that trade happened, I remember reading that he was all set to join the Kings and looking forward to it. He also wanted to stay in Cali. But then Lebron and AD insisted that Pelinka make a trade for Westbrook instead of Hield, which is how Kuzma ended up on the Wizards.
I’m referring to this off season. Rumor had it the kings had some interest but he saw himself as a top 2 option. He thought he was going to Houston but they pivoted when they got Fred to sign and didn’t have enough cash left over for Kuz.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I didn’t know some think Barnes is better then Kuzma I disagree vehemently
If you look at stats it's an absolute bloodbath. About the only case that can be made for Kuzma is that he's a better rebounder and he's got good assist numbers (on an incredible 31.6% USG). Well, I can tell you he wouldn't sniff those assist numbers in Sac with Fox and Domas dominating the ball. Why would we want to bring in an inefficient shooter with worse defensive stats than Barnes who has never had a USG% under 20% in his life and would likely not relish the role he'd be given? He's a slightly NEGATIVE Win Share player on 31.6% USG. Holy cow, that's not good.

We have a perfectly fine fifth option who can play the role that we need, who spaces the floor with efficient shooting, but since somebody needs to be henpecked he gets singled out by those who don't seem to understand that you're never going to have a team that starts five 20+ PPG guys. He's not a superstar. He doesn't have to be. But he's also not the steaming pile of rancid dog poop that he's being made out to be.

And I can pretty much guarantee that if we were to bring Kuzma in, I know who would be henpecked next. It would be Kuzma. So it goes.

It look a bit like there isn’t any move at this point where you can say THAT IS !!!
It’s must be either some great move we all don’t see , either no move in my opinion ….
All three main players who seems available at this point : LaVine, Siakam , Kuzma are big shot in the blind with highly insecure result …
Maybe the best of them looks like Siakam , where we risk to be left without him after some funny 40sh games ….

bajaden

Hall of Famer
If you look at stats it's an absolute bloodbath. About the only case that can be made for Kuzma is that he's a better rebounder and he's got good assist numbers (on an incredible 31.6% USG). Well, I can tell you he wouldn't sniff those assist numbers in Sac with Fox and Domas dominating the ball. Why would we want to bring in an inefficient shooter with worse defensive stats than Barnes who has never had a USG% under 20% in his life and would likely not relish the role he'd be given? He's a slightly NEGATIVE Win Share player on 31.6% USG. Holy cow, that's not good.

We have a perfectly fine fifth option who can play the role that we need, who spaces the floor with efficient shooting, but since somebody needs to be henpecked he gets singled out by those who don't seem to understand that you're never going to have a team that starts five 20+ PPG guys. He's not a superstar. He doesn't have to be. But he's also not the steaming pile of rancid dog poop that he's being made out to be.

And I can pretty much guarantee that if we were to bring Kuzma in, I know who would be henpecked next. It would be Kuzma. So it goes.
I agree 100%. Barnes is on a very affordable contract and he plays all 82 games almost every year. What he does is perfectly fine for a fifth option in a starting five. That's not to say that I wouldn't want an upgrade there, but I don't think that Kuzma is an upgrade. Defensively he's not better, and probably a little worse. Your right about the rebounding and the assists, but he won't be getting that usage rate on the Kings, and he tends to be a volume shooter who likes a lot of touches.

If we could acquire him and still retain Barnes, then I would be on board with his acquisition. Personally, I'd rather go after someone like Caruso.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
It look a bit like there isn’t any move at this point where you can say THAT IS !!!
It’s must be either some great move we all don’t see , either no move in my opinion ….
All three main players who seems available at this point : LaVine, Siakam , Kuzma are big shot in the blind with highly insecure result …
Maybe the best of them looks like Siakam , where we risk to be left without him after some funny 40sh games ….
I don't think we touch Siakam with a 10 foot pole unless we had some sort of guarantee he'd resign with us. I don't like the contract he wants going forward into the future, and to be honest, I don't think he's the perfect fit, but I think we could make it work. Personally along with Caruso, I would love to acquire Grant from Portland. Doesn't demand the ball! He's a solid defender! and he's a career 39 to 40 percent 3pt shooter.

I don't think we touch Siakam with a 10 foot pole unless we had some sort of guarantee he'd resign with us. I don't like the contract he wants going forward into the future, and to be honest, I don't think he's the perfect fit, but I think we could make it work. Personally along with Caruso, I would love to acquire Grant from Portland. Doesn't demand the ball! He's a solid defender! and he's a career 39 to 40 percent 3pt shooter.
I don’t think Siakam is a good trade because of his contract as well , just he is one of the “hot” names
I see many people here voting for Grant but I read nowhere that he is at all available for trade … is he ?

Of all the trades I’ve seen so far, twslam07’s proposal for Grant/Thybulle has been my favorite. Fox Thybulle Keegan Grant Sabonis feels like a team that could contend. I’d be willing to do 2 firsts, a couple seconds and the matching salary. Who knows if Portland wants to move them