[Game] Kings @ Suns 2/14/2023 6pm Pacific 9pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really big game tonight. A chance to go 3 up on Phoenix, Dallas, and LAC, and 3.5 games up on the 7 seed. Conversely, lose to Phoenix and they are just one game down, and Dallas and LAC are lurking at 2.

I am not sure we are going to hang on to home court in the first round, but any realistic chance of doing so probably requires winning games like tonight. Plus, heading into the last 25 games with at least a 3 game lead on the field, and knowing that 4 of them would have to jump us to knock us into the play-in, is a huge advantage.

Are we done treadmilling yet? I'm confused.
No, just on a higher setting.
Middle management sold the treadmill so now we're just bow flexing.
Do those still exist?
Of course you can usually find two or three at any given swap meet
We will forever be treadmilling. The settings on which/speed at which we treadmill will just fluctuate over time, but we will never stop.

If there is ever a time to stop our subpar play against not fully healthy teams, it’s tonight. We are getting to the “go big or go home” point in the season. First one in 16 years where games matter so let’s see some aggression. They won’t let us waltz into the playoffs, gotta kick that door clean off its hinges!

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
If there is ever a time to stop our subpar play against not fully healthy teams, it’s tonight. We are getting to the “go big or go home” point in the season. First one in 16 years where games matter so let’s see some aggression. They won’t let us waltz into the playoffs, gotta kick that door clean off its hinges!
We can say "not fully healthy" but any team that is going to run out CP3, Booker, and Ayton at you isn't a team that is likely to be taken lightly. That's a normal full-strength squad.

We can say "not fully healthy" but any team that is going to run out CP3, Booker, and Ayton at you isn't a team that is likely to be taken lightly. That's a normal full-strength squad.
True, but I never said take them lightly. I was referencing our performance issues not relating to what players the other teams put on the floor. I am not sure why we do it. Could be that, as a team, we don’t take the other team as seriously, a bad matchup, fatigue, or a combination of things. Who knows? But it really has cost us at least a few games this year. Yes, you can’t win them all, but at least play hard.

CP3 is my most disliked player in the league. I hope he never wins a ring. As a player, as a coach, but he’s old now. Properly old. He is the wise old vet but he’s not what he once was. If I’m Fox, I’m attacking him all night. Booker is a firecracker on offense. Can drop 50 while yawning every other possession. Still can’t defend anyone. Ayton doesn’t want to be there. He really hasn’t developed significantly in the last couple of years. Really good and really efficient, but we have the better big man. Booker is the key. He loves going off on us. Control him and we got a good chance.

I'm trying to be positive. I hope the guys that go to ASG hear a bunch of good stuff from their peers.
Regardless of the result of tonight's game, the guys that go to All-Star Weekend are going to hear a bunch of good stuff from their peers just based on the simple fact that we're sitting in 3rd place in the West right now. I don't necessarily think that a loss tonight would do anything to change that.

I think that they've already earned that respect and opportunity to hear a bunch of good stuff...:p:p:p

Next step is for them to feel so good about hearing a bunch of good stuff that they just come back hungry for more...:p:p:p

BIG GAME

As a newer Kings fan I'm glad the old time kings fans get to wake up on a glorious day such as today n get to look forward to a matchup like tonight and its ramifications.

Much will be asked of Sabonis, lets hope he can stay out of foul trouble.

Big night for our bench, their bench is thin even if Bazley and Warren debut. Malik Monk is out too so would be a great time for TD to keep it rolling.

Last edited:

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
True, but I never said take them lightly. I was referencing our performance issues not relating to what players the other teams put on the floor. I am not sure why we do it. Could be that, as a team, we don’t take the other team as seriously, a bad matchup, fatigue, or a combination of things. Who knows? But it really has cost us at least a few games this year. Yes, you can’t win them all, but at least play hard.
That's what I was alluding to - we seem to have a tendency to have a let-down of effort when we face bad teams. CP3-Booker-Ayton is in no way a bad team so we should at least hopefully not have an effort let-down.

I’m going to the game tonight (thank you wifey for the V-day gift!). I’ll be reppin in my 01-02 custom jersey that I got from a really weird Budweiser employee basketball tourney at the old practice facility. I hope to be yelling LIGHT THE BEAM! By the end of the game.

Last edited:
Regardless of the result of tonight's game, the guys that go to All-Star Weekend are going to hear a bunch of good stuff from their peers just based on the simple fact that we're sitting in 3rd place in the West right now. I don't necessarily think that a loss tonight would do anything to change that.

I think that they've already earned that respect and opportunity to hear a bunch of good stuff...:p:p:p

Next step is for them to feel so good about hearing a bunch of good stuff that they just come back hungry for more...:p:p:p
This is what I'm really hopeing for. I think other teams know the kings are really good. I hope the kings know that, and realize that, and really push themselves these last 20 whatever games.

I was disgruntled at the Ty trade and came back late this season. Initial hopes at that time were, at minimum, playoffs. Now its the 6th seed. I dont care if they win a series as long as they show out for it. If they lose a playoff serises playing like s*** that will be disappointing.

This is what I'm really hopeing for. I think other teams know the kings are really good. I hope the kings know that, and realize that, and really push themselves these last 20 whatever games.

I was disgruntled at the Ty trade and came back late this season. Initial hopes at that time were, at minimum, playoffs. Now its the 6th seed. I dont care if they win a series as long as they show out for it. If they lose a playoff serises playing like s*** that will be disappointing.
This is about where I am right now as well. I don't really care what happens after we get there, but just getting to the playoffs will be a huge accomplishment and a massive win for this franchise (especially moving forward). And, just like you, I, too, don't care if we win a series. As long as we play hard and put up a legit fight, I will be fine if we bow out in round 1. Heck, I will settle with bowing out in 4 games if it comes down to it. As long as all 4 games are close, and we play competitively throughout most, if not all, of the games.

All I am asking for is for us to take baby steps (the cake with minimal icing). A (giant) leap would just be the extra icing on the cake.

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
I would really like a win here, for all of the psychological/mathematical reasons: obviously, any chance to separate from the pack is worth it. Going on "vacation" after a win gets you so much more excited than going in after a loss - you have so much time to chew on it, look at the standings, etc. I'm not going to put too much stock into it as a fan, and probably not think of it as part of a 5 game chunk, but rather a standalone game. We either win or we don't. Too much time will pass between this game and the next one to be able to see if it is part of a trend or an outlier.

That said, I want to win by 20+ and light the MF'in beam.

I would really like a win here, for all of the psychological/mathematical reasons: obviously, any chance to separate from the pack is worth it. Going on "vacation" after a win gets you so much more excited than going in after a loss - you have so much time to chew on it, look at the standings, etc. I'm not going to put too much stock into it as a fan, and probably not think of it as part of a 5 game chunk, but rather a standalone game. We either win or we don't. Too much time will pass between this game and the next one to be able to see if it is part of a trend or an outlier.

That said, I want to win by 20+ and light the MF'in beam.
I get your point, and understand where you're coming from, but I don't care by how much (whether it be 1 point, or 20 points), I just want us to win, period.

And, in the process, "Beam The Effing Light"!!! :p:p:p

Seriously, I don't care how we do it, and how ugly we look doing it...Just go out there and win.

So I can post the following GIF again...

200w.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.