[Game] Kings @ Suns, 11 APR 2016, 22:00 ET/19:00 PT

I like Seth and would prefer him and Collision over resigning Rondo. But I still remember how well Ray McCallum played at the end of last year and what he did this year.

I'd rather reverse those roles: I'm still not convinced that Curry can be consistently effective playing heavy minutes. I like him as an instant offense, come-in-the-second-and-hit-five-threes kind of guy.
You mean starting Collison, Curry as the second? Yep, I meant that. Curry has shown that he can be a contributor, not a starter or anything like people that just look at his last name would say. I like him for what he is.

I like Seth and would prefer him and Collision over resigning Rondo. But I still remember how well Ray McCallum played at the end of last year and what he did this year.
Sad to see Ray Mac not on an NBA roster right now. Guy was solid. If we can't get Curry at a reasonable price I'd like to have McCallum back. Curry first for the sake of continuity.

My fear is that the Kings will end up with the #10 pick, and a team behind us could possibly jump in the top 3. When has things ever gone the Kings way?
I hope it can start this season... by jumping to #2 while Philly wins the lotto.
It would make far more sense to hope for us to win the lotto and Philly to get #2. That way they use their pick swap (probably) and we still pick number 2.

K

KingMilz

Difference is Ray had zero playmaking ability and he was not as good a shooter.

I see zero reason why Curry would not comeback if he's promised playing time, the reality is the L in stacked with PG's/combo guards so him going elsewhere might not mean more minutes.
Yeah me too, keeps him close to his family and is earning his spot on this roster. I can't see him leaving unless the culture of this team is that bad and another team overpays and promises a starter role or something.

WCS has actually shown a nifty ability in the open court as well as making reaction passes in both the open and half court which really surprised me
If theres one thing this franchise hasn't lacked over the years is big men that can pass. Heck Brad Miller was known as just a blue collar lunchpail guy in Chicago and magically transformed into one of the best passing and shooting bigs in the league here.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
It would make far more sense to hope for us to win the lotto and Philly to get #2. That way they use their pick swap (probably) and we still pick number 2.
Actually, I believe that whether or not they use their pick swap is irrelevant. I believe they have a separate option to swap in both 2016 and 2017. I haven't seen any reports that suggest that if they use the swap in 2016 they lose the option to use it in 2017.

Koufos 19 points. Maybe he is a keeper. Yes he is a keeper.
He seems to play better when Cousins isn't playing, probably just because he gets more minutes, but just looks more comfortable out there. Also helps that the ball doesn't stick as much and his movement/screen setting becomes a bigger asset.

Capt. Factorial

Staff member
According to ESPN, Seth Curry is a Restricted Free Agent, so even if he opts out, the Kings have the right to match any offer. :cool:
This is true, assuming that we tender Seth a qualifying offer (which we would be dumb not to).

However, we do NOT have Bird rights or Early Bird rights on Curry, so we can only match an offer sheet that fits under our salary cap. We ought to have space, of course, but we will have to take the cap into account.

K

KingMilz

If theres one thing this franchise hasn't lacked over the years is big men that can pass. Heck Brad Miller was known as just a blue collar lunchpail guy in Chicago and magically transformed into one of the best passing and shooting bigs in the league here.
I agree but didn't Miller turn into a passer/stud in Indy? Even Chuck Hayes despite his APG not being high was a excellent passer imo.

Last edited by a moderator:

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I'd rather reverse those roles: I'm still not convinced that Curry can be consistently effective playing heavy minutes. I like him as an instant offense, come-in-the-second-and-hit-five-threes kind of guy.
What prey tell would convince you? I know it was just D-League, but he played heavy minutes there, and was one of the top players in the league. I saw him up close and personal at summer league, and he was named the most valuable player. I'm not sure what he has to do?

This is true, assuming that we tender Seth a qualifying offer (which we would be dumb not to).

However, we do NOT have Bird rights or Early Bird rights on Curry, so we can only match an offer sheet that fits under our salary cap. We ought to have space, of course, but we will have to take the cap into account.
I can't see Curry getting huge offer from another team just based off what will be viewed as meaningless games in April. I would think the Kings might be able to get him between 2 to 5M per season, which would still be a hefty raise for him.

Capt. Factorial

Staff member
I can't see Curry getting huge offer from another team just based off what will be viewed as meaningless games in April. I would think the Kings might be able to get him between 2 to 5M per season, which would still be a hefty raise for him.
That's a wide range, but you're probably right. At first blush $5M would seem to be the ceiling here.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
What prey tell would convince you? I know it was just D-League, but he played heavy minutes there, and was one of the top players in the league. I saw him up close and personal at summer league, and he was named the most valuable player. I'm not sure what he has to do?
Conditioning would be a good start: his efficiency seems to go way down when he plays over twenty minutes.

Actually, I believe that whether or not they use their pick swap is irrelevant. I believe they have a separate option to swap in both 2016 and 2017. I haven't seen any reports that suggest that if they use the swap in 2016 they lose the option to use it in 2017.

Really? I was under the impression that they could only swap once. Might have just been a bad assumption on my part though, as I don't remember reading something that specifically states as such.

That's ****ing psychotic. That's @IfAt1st level insanity. We have a better chance of winning the lottery than we have of getting passed by three of the teams behind us.
Ha - jokes on you:
The Kings are now tied for 10th, with only a ~6.5% chance of winning Top 3, whereas the teams behind them have a collective ~10% chance to win Top 3.

You have an odd definition of psychotic. :confused:

Kings have only 1 in 3 chances to end up last in a three-way tie (given that all 4 teams with 32-33 wins are playing someone with a real need for a win, I assume there are losses all around), so Kings' chances of losing the pick is a bit above 3%.