Kings @ Sonics (Game 5) Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
BigWaxer said:
No need to bash seattle players. They outplayed us period.
Word to that.

Who ever think we will easily win this series or posting who do we want to face in the 2nd round is just completely out of their mind.

We are not the better team, that's why we lose.

See ya all next year. Although I won't see them very often then... :(

I know a lot of people will think of this as a disappointing season. I do not. Of course I wanted us to go deeper, but honestly, what more could you expect. Really take a look at everything this season has brought. I am proud of them. No bad things from me about them. I STILL LOVE THIS TEAM.

I don't like to jump on the fire Adelman bandwagon, because I feel it's a knee jerk reaction. Also, who else is avaialble that's worth a ****? But, Adelman coached this game HORRIBLY towards the end. How many points did Miller give away because he had NO lift in his jump to get a rebound. Was it 6, 8or more? How about putting in I don't know Skinner or Ostertag to get us some rebounds. If we get a few of those rebounds, and don't give them a few of those free throws. We win. Adelman shows blatantly why he has always been close but never won a championship.

On the other hand, no one can ever say Peja didn't show up in the Playoffs again. He played great in games 1,3, and 5. Then had a couple ok games. This was not his fault.

BigWaxer is right. As bad as Jerome James is, our bigs made him look like Shaq. Seattle was the better team. None of our players individually are as good as Ray Allen. That just means Kings have to play better TEAM ball, and they just didn't. Lots of reasons why.

In the end, the spirit was willing, but the flesh just could not get it done. Great game. Get well everybody!

the j james thing is ridiculous, it's already been made clear the trash bag story wasn't accurate(he had all kinds of equipment bags etc.). I guess reality didn't matter in this series. Nice job by Allen, I'll give seattle that.

Too bad this group of Kings never really got a chance to play with each other before the playoffs, there's so much potential for this group. Though I wish I could say I'm done with the NBA b/c of the bs consistently seen, I'm sure I'll be back next year cheering the Kings again... this time let's get a group of players playing as a team, together, before the playoffs, and as always, try to STAY HEALTHY!

DocHolliday said:
I don't like to jump on the fire Adelman bandwagon, because I feel it's a knee jerk reaction. Also, who else is avaialble that's worth a ****? But, Adelman coached this game HORRIBLY towards the end. How many points did Miller give away because he had NO lift in his jump to get a rebound. Was it 6, 8or more? How about putting in I don't know Skinner or Ostertag to get us some rebounds. If we get a few of those rebounds, and don't give them a few of those free throws. We win. Adelman shows blatantly why he has always been close but never won a championship.

agreed. miller had no business being in there. he was terrible. and RA didn't seem to notice. i really like rick but he didn't coach a very good series.

Considering all the injuries & trades the team dealt with this year, they did great! I'm disappointed that we didn't win, but I couldn't be prouder of our team.

I still LOVE MY KINGS!!!:D

I wanna see how mouthy Seattle is when they San Antonio wipes the floor with them!! Gotta look for those silver linings!!

Since93 said:
u will watch them actually? i won't. i don't care any more.

I know I won't be watching it. About the only team left that I can stand is Indiana and that's only cos of Reggie. I'd like to see his last game.

Well, I'm proud of how the team played this game. Peja and Bibby were just gassed. (73 pts:eek: ) But I think think they both stepped up big time. Brad just wasn't 100% on that leg, but he contributed 11 assists, the most of any player on the team. I like Mo! Peja, Bibby and Brad showed why they are the likely core of our future. Not such a bad core to add to really, I don't think.

I'm just not going to criticize anybody tonight.

To paraphrase...The Kings are dead (this year), but

LONG LIVE OUR KINGS!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.