[Game] Kings @ Sixers - Tuesday, Dec. 19 - 4 PT

Serious answer? Lack of size and length. I know he's listed at 5'11, but a lot of KU fans have said he's closer to 5'8.. Smaller PGs don't have the greatest rap in the NBA. IT is #1. #2 is Nate Robinson who's a career journeyman and basically fell off the league at 30yearsold.

He's not a great athlete either and mostly uses his body under the rim to finish inside. There were also concerns from some in his ability to run a team but with the Kings they don't really run things through the PG spot so he fits really well at the moment. I still think he's similar to Bobby Jackson.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Mason was having himself a nice game offensively and he got pulled for Temple to never return again. Malachi got a lot of burn, he was playing the Carter 4 position for a bit there before Carter was inserted in the game. Skal needs to go to the G-League and stay there for a while. Bring on Giles in January, hopefully.

We've played 6 more road games than home games.

With 2 more road games & 1 at home before a nice long home stand.

Makes me wonder a bit about the standings some.

Currently 5th worse for the draft.

gunks

Hall of Famer
I want to see more out of Fox. I've been disappointed with his performance and play. He's looking more like a project than a sure-thing.
I was thinking he'd be a project out of the gate. Mad scrawny, no shot, 19...

Definitely picked on potential.

Joerger's system and playing with Z-bo isn't doing the kid any favors though.

We've played 6 more road games than home games.

With 2 more road games & 1 at home before a nice long home stand.

Makes me wonder a bit about the standings some.

Currently 5th worse for the draft.
There are 11 teams within 3 games of each other at the bottom of the standings. It's still too early to be tank watching.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Post game, Joerger said he liked the group at the end because they were a group of switchables on defense and they group rebounded better......explains why Mason didn't go back in.
Goes to show you how bad this team is at rebounding when you have three seven footers on your roster and a 6'11 player and none of them can rebound with any consistency

Sixers reminded me tonight of the way the Kings lose....looking good earlier in the game but going through an awful dry patch on offense and not being able to recover. Kings deserve some credit for coming back from double-digits behind.

None have star potential though, which is why I get so pouty about these Z-bo lead wins. We reeeeeaaly need to hit in the next draft.
Zbo obviously played well this game, but the main run was with Richardson, WCS, Heild and then Temple and I think Carter.

Is Zbo good enough to win games by himself while only playing 25ish minutes? If so, he needs to be on the All-Star team. The Kings are winning and losing (mostly losing) as a team with a mix of young and old guys.

Tonight, the only veterans who played more than 15 minutes were Zbo and Temple.

Last edited:
I want to see more out of Fox. I've been disappointed with his performance and play. He's looking more like a project than a sure-thing.
After tonight, I'm totally convinced he's being totally misused. Let the kid get out in the open floor and push the pace. Put him with some athletes that can finish off PnR's. Ball movement.

Mason and Buddy would both say heck no to that! Totally different style of game when they go to the bench. Put Mason and Hield in there with the starters and they'll be swallowed up just like anybody else unlucky enough to get that spot. o_O
I mean I'd like to see it so we can fully test that theory.

Now, Mason is more of a traditional PG so he'd probably be better at the role of "dump it to Zbo and go stand in the corner" than Fox, but I digress. WCS, Buddy, Bogdan, Fox. We've all seen them do significantly better going to the bench versus starting and the opposite vice versa. It's like a switch. We were seeing PnR Bogdan and cutting, dunking WCS for a while there off the bench. Bogdan has his worst night in several games immediately after being inserted back into the starting lineup and we're back to dumping it into WCS and having him create for himself.

Yeah, I don't buy the whole weaker second unit or that it's something these guys just up and decided to do, especially when the sets between the first and second units are different as night and day.

I was thinking he'd be a project out of the gate. Mad scrawny, no shot, 19...

Definitely picked on potential.

Joerger's system and playing with Z-bo isn't doing the kid any favors though.
This is a weird situation because Z-bo is the team's obvious best player, while at the same time being such an ill fit and making no one around him better (though I attribute that more to the system that's designed with him in mind rather than Zbo himself).