Kings/Sixers NBA Finals

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I was discussing this yesterday. I would, of course, be rooting for our beloved Kings but I would not be able to resist a "whoot!" or two whenever Webber did something good.

Quite frankly, if the Kings make it, I DON'T want them to meet the Sixers. But, if the Kings fail to get to the big show, I would love to see the Sixers there...

I think about this every year since becoming a Kings fan. Still not sure how I would feel about it. Allen Iverson is the reason I started watching basketball and was my favorite player until I discovered Bibby. Being from Philly, I would love to see the city celebrate a championship but at the same time I want Bibby to win a ring.

The good thing about it is that I'll probably never have to worry about it because the likelihood of the Sixers making it is very slim. The Kings have a better chance and I don't think the Sixers are good enough.

very unlikely indeed, but that would be a sight. that would mean that chris actually made the sixers better and we were better without chris.

KingCookie said:
Will never happen. Not this year, at least.
The Sixers should take a page out of Petrie's book and realize that they need to trade Iverson in the offseason. I don't see them becoming contenders anytime soon, they should trade their best player now why they still can get some value for him. If they do that, then we might have some future discussions of a Kings-Sixers Finals.

F

Fillmoe

Sixers arent going anywhere........ i wouldnt be shocked if Detroit breaks out the brooms on em!

Team Dime said:
The Sixers should take a page out of Petrie's book and realize that they need to trade Iverson in the offseason. I don't see them becoming contenders anytime soon, they should trade their best player now why they still can get some value for him. If they do that, then we might have some future discussions of a Kings-Sixers Finals.
Well, then they should trade both Iverson and Webber, to follow your logic.

LPKingsFan said:
Well, then they should trade both Iverson and Webber, to follow your logic.
Not exactly. I'm not saying the Sixers wouldn't want to trade both if they wanted to rebuild, but it would be alot more difficult to trade Webber then it would be for AI for obvious reasons.

Although extremely unlikely, the thought of a 76er/Kings match up in the finals has crossed my mind a couple of times. Can't even imagine it though, and I'm glad that it's not a scenario we'll have to deal with this year. I love the Kings, and would root for the Kings, but could never root for Webb to play badly. So, I guess I'd just be rooting for the Kings to play well, for Webb to play well, and the Kings to carry it in the end.