Kings sign Keon Ellis to 3-year deal

Keon Ellis is the player Mike Brown has been looking for since he started KZ Okpala at the beginning of last season. That was Okpala's last season in the NBA.

I have been championing more pt for Keon usually at the expense of Davion but I'm kinda shifting that to at the expense of Kevin.

I dont think the starting lineup needs Kevin's offense nearly as much as it needs Keons defense and play making/ball handling. And I honestly think Kev plays really well with Monk. Kevin is still really good and very useful on this team, I do think he can take more advantage against second unit players than against starters.

Kevin is a D+ on defense, where Keon is a solid A. Just in seeing the past game against the Lakers, and even the Bucks, having Keon in the lineup getting extended run we didn't see teams have 35-40 pt quarters against us, and they were against teams capable of doing that. And I think the biggest difference came in the third quarters. We didn't let the other team come out and dictate the flow, because of Keon's deflections and steals where we weren't used to getting that production.

Fox said it best when he said Keons defense "isn't normal". It is not normal, and that is a good thing for our team. We need some strange.

You can see the difference a wing defender has had on a team just by looking at our next opponent. They lost RJ Barrett's inconsistent offense and gained Anunobys consistent defense and now the Knicks look damn good.

sometimes it makes u wonder.. why didn't keon get more time earlier if he was this good defensively. Was it because brown's stubborness to play newer guys or were the kings just showcasing huerter for trades?

sometimes it makes u wonder.. why didn't keon get more time earlier if he was this good defensively. Was it because brown's stubborness to play newer guys or were the kings just showcasing huerter for trades?
They announced Mitchell and Huerter as available for trade. Probably still will be, come the off season.

Notice that the didn't sign Keon to his full contract, until right after the trade deadline

When was that? Are you thinking of the discussion in the preseason, when they started Duarte for a game or two, when Huerter had a little injury
Huerter was benched after the match at Atlanta, when he was bad at the beginning and was benched afterwards during that comeback win.
In the next matches at Memphis, vs Orlando, Toronto, Charlotte and Pelicans at home, Duarte took his place in the lineup. After the big defeat vs the Pels, Huerter came back to the lineup and got injured in the 1st minute at Charlotte. He missed the next match at Philadelphia and was back in the starting lineup at Milwaukee in one of his best matches of the season. Apart from those 5 matches he was always the starter.