Kings SIGN Javale McGee

It’s moves like THIS that will really help when we play teams like the Lakers and especially the Wolves that gave us a hard time. I can’t freaking wait! It’s not always about the big, splashy name. We don’t need that right now.

Yeah, Coach's vet seems more likely to be the role rather than getting a promise of minutes. McGee had excellent finishing and rebounding per 36, but isn't capable of defending in the NBA anymore.
I think he’ll play a tad more than some expect. Not 25 minutes or anything, but, depending on the matchup - i definitely don’t see this as some 3rd string player coach type role. Not at all.

People can say what they want nationally about him and poke fun at him but he has low key been quite effective in the later stages of his career. Still has a boneheaded moment here and there, but knows his role now and I’ve been a fan for years. Even at 35, he still has some life in those legs and I’m glad he’s on board.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
People can say what they want nationally about him and poke fun at him but he has low key been quite effective in the later stages of his career. Still has a boneheaded moment here and there, but knows his role now and I’ve been a fan for years. Even at 35, he still has some life in those legs and I’m glad he’s on board.
Nah, the era of Shaqtin’ Javale largely ended when he went to the Warriors on a prove it deal and essentially reinvented himself as a gritty defensive role player.

I’m going to call it, McGee will make the final roster. Too much trust and history (2 rings together) for coach Brown not to keep him on this title contending roster.

You have to wonder if this was part of Monte’s master plan. Trade Dallas a center in Richaun Holmes and his $25 million contract and shake loose McGee to nab for peanuts. :cool:

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
I'll be interested to see what the contract details look like. I would not be surprised if it's a guaranteed year with a team option on number two. I think the whole New Delly thing is dead on. It's not necessarily about how many minutes he's going to play but coach wants him on the bench. I'm also very curious to see what happens with that last two-way contract...

I honestly do not know who will win it between Noel, McGee, and Queta.

Let the best man win I guess
In the minutes getting department, probably Trey Lyles

I like the signing though. Gives a nice yardstick for the younger bigs that need to earn their spot like Skal, Noel, and Queta. At worst, even an over the hill JaVale is exactly what this team needs

I kinda feel bad for the other bigs that the Kings just signed that had hoped to make the final roster.

Outside of Noel (who has an outside shot), I don’t see Queta or Skal having much chance to make the big league roster. Hopefully they can get some run in the G-League.

I honestly do not know who will win it between Noel, McGee, and Queta.

Let the best man win I guess
You're serious? Queta doesn't belong there. I think he's below average. McGEE is what we needed to at least alter shots in the paint. There are teams with big lengthy dudes in the paint and the Kings are going to have a hard time guarding them due to lack of size. McGee will at least help in that regard. Him and Len can help protect the paint. Noel not so much....he can help spread the floor that the other two can't, that's my bet.

Fox
Huerter
Keegan
HB
Domas

Davion
Lyles
Monk
Vezenkov

Jones
Duarte
Len
McGee

Queta 250K guaranteed
Noel 300K Guaranteed

Two-way:
Ellis
Slawson

So technically, we still have 2 roster spots we can play with. I seriously doubt we'll carry 4 true C's on the roster.