Kings sign Carl Landry

Status
Not open for further replies.
im surprised why we wont go after a shot blocker/interior defender, when malone was in GS they always tried to have one on the floor, to the point they would start ezeli...sigh
We still might. I hope. I really, really hope.

And it just so happens the best guy for this job is available. It's just a matter of getting him. If a guy that so clearly fit our needs wasn't out there I wouldn't be so optimistic, but we have a coach who claims to value defense and a GM who is analytic based and a guy like Omer Asik is available. An obvious excellent defender and rebounder and was found by the most analytic obsessed GM in Daryl Morey. It works for us on every level.

Why the FUGG do we sign landry for that much for 4 years?? I swear this team can't get enough undersized big men and undersized shooters! Is the game plan draft Wiggens next year and then try to make moves?

Entity

Hall of Famer
here we go. partners Atlanta and Indiana

Hayes and jimmer to Atlanta for draft picks
Thornton and Ppat/JT to Indiana for Granger
sign dalembert 3 years 25 mil

Vasquez/IT/Mcallum
Mclemore/Salmons
Granger/Salmons/Outlaw
Dalember/Landry
Cousins/JT or Ppat

We still might. I hope. I really, really hope.

And it just so happens the best guy for this job is available. It's just a matter of getting him. If a guy that so clearly fit our needs wasn't out there I wouldn't be so optimistic, but we have a coach who claims to value defense and a GM who is analytic based and a guy like Omer Asik is available. An obvious excellent defender and rebounder and was found by the most analytic obsessed GM in Daryl Morey. It works for us on every level.
Depends on what Houston would want... Asik would be awesome!

I came home to this?? Are you f**king kidding me? I have not read any of the 29 pages but this is a f**king joke.

PDA is a joke. 4 years 26 million? For Carl Landry? Didn't we already go through this? WTF is going on? Excuse my anger but this franchise really can't catch a break. Constantly ran by f**king idiots. It's painfully embarrassing and I couldn't care less how any of the do-gooders try to defend this BS. I'm cringing. Such a joke.

EDIT: If I missed some big details and theres a S+T in the works or some such, can someone please summarise? It would do a lot for my blood pressure. I'm hoping theres more to this than an idiotic signing.

I came home to this?? Are you f**king kidding me? I have not read any of the 29 pages but this is a f**king joke.

PDA is a joke. 4 years 26 million? For Carl Landry? Didn't we already go through this? WTF is going on? Excuse my anger but this franchise really can't catch a break. Constantly ran by f**king idiots. It's painfully embarrassing and I couldn't care less how any of the do-gooders try to defend this BS. I'm cringing. Such a joke.
Mike Malone signing... not PDA, that much is almost for sure. Just saying.

As I have mentioned several times -- we already did the Cuz/JT/Landry frontcourt. Not good.

But actually I will say this...what we did during that second half year was the Cuz/JT/Landry/Daly frontcourt. And that DID work. Well...actually what happened there was that Landry failed to keep up, and we dumped him and went to just Cuz/Daly/JT, which was out best frontcourt of the past half dozen years at least. Anyway, for half a season it was Cuz/JT/Landry/Daly, and who is still a free agent out there until he signs with Miami? None other than Daly... :p
But it was all the coaches fault for it not working the first time !!

Entity

Hall of Famer

EDIT: If I missed some big details and theres a S+T in the works or some such, can someone please summarise? It would do a lot for my blood pressure. I'm hoping theres more to this than an idiotic signing.
nope not a joke. watch the language. I got called classless for the saying the same things. believe it or not there are 2 or 3 here that are entirely happy with this. like its the second coming

You'd have to assume the plan is to trade Patterson or Thompson.

It's pretty redundant having those two guys along with Landry. Having any 2 of the 3 is fine but I doubt the plan is to keep all 3.

The big question is can they package Patterson or Thompson with Jimmer and get a quality SF and/or defensive backup center like Asik. As part of that question I wonder if any teams around the league actually value Jimmer. His contract is attractive but so far his game not so much. Who knows maybe a team out there thinks they can turn him into a better version of J.J. Reddick.
There is something going on.. There's got to be. I will call it right here and say there is something in the works with either GS or Utah and that we will get a SF in exchange for either PP or JT (and another player depending on which team). Let's hope it's PP...

There is something going on.. There's got to be. I will call it right here and say there is something in the works with either GS or Utah and that we will get a SF in exchange for either PP or JT (and another player depending on which team). Let's hope it's PP...
GS signing Iggy hopefully makes Barnes expendable. It is kinda weird though. Barnes really blossomed in the playoffs and then they go out and sign Iggy to replace him. Granted, SF depth of that caliber is nothing to complain about, but that is sort of stunting Barnes' growth by making him be a bench guy.

But, I'd throw the kitchen sink at GS except for Cousins when trying to pry away Barnes.

Entity

Hall of Famer
GS signing Iggy hopefully makes Barnes expendable. It is kinda weird though. Barnes really blossomed in the playoffs and then they go out and sign Iggy to replace him. Granted, SF depth of that caliber is nothing to complain about, but that is sort of stunting Barnes' growth by making him be a bench guy.

But, I'd throw the kitchen sink at GS except for Cousins when trying to pry away Barnes.

dang straight.

I don't think so. They played a lot of Barnes at 4 in the playoffs. I think they plan to use Curry, Thompson, Igudola, Barnes and Bogut about 1/3 of the game. And use Thompson, Igudola and Barnes for 100% of their 2 and 3 minutes.

nope not a joke. watch the language. I got called classless for the saying the same things. believe it or not there are 2 or 3 here that are entirely happy with this. like its the second coming

Classless? Boo-****ing-hoo. Typical response when there's no reasonable rebuttal.

Thank the ****ing lord we didn't sign Reke for 11million, what would we have done without Carl Landry? Stroke of genius PDA, stroke of genius.

Pissed as I sound, I am doing everything in my power not to smash my laptop into little pieces. PDA is off to the worst start imaginable and I really couldn't care less what petty excuses people try to make for him. I can honestly say I'd be much more confident in Geoff putting together a team than PDA given his moves so far. Joke.

Last edited by a moderator:

They have no back up PF with Landry gone, and no legit back up PG with Jack gone besides Nedovic. I offer IT + Patterson for Barnes and see if they bite.

Y! Sources: Sacramento close to signing free agent F/C Yi Jianlian to 2 year deal, league sources tell Y! Sports.

— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA)

EDIT - This is a "joke" created by Darth Divac. There is NO truth to it...VF21

Last edited by a moderator:

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
They have no back up PF with Landry gone, and no legit back up PG with Jack gone besides Nedovic. I offer IT + Patterson for Barnes and see if they bite.
That's not the worst idea in the world, but Barnes significantly concerns me. I have posted elsewhere how his first year stats were nearly identical to Omri Casspi's. And we all know how that worked out. Basically all ideas to overpay and throw assets at him are based on a short playoff run. That's not to say I don't want him at all or that I wouldn't make your offer -- its a clever one designed to tempt them. But I also happen to think IT is a perfect change of pace guard off the bench behind the big lumbering Vasquez -- I was arguing for him in that role all last year. And I could see us regretting throwing too many assets after Barnes. I dunno, maybe we could think outside of our nice comfy little homespun box and actually look to someplace OTHER than Golden State and Denver for their castoffs? If Malone likes him, I suppose that's good enough for me, but you could seriously leave Cousisn completely exposed up there alone if McLemore and Barnes are struggling to score 20ppg a night combined.

What would Utah take for Williams? PPat? JT? Toss Jimmer in the mix in order for Utah to sell some tickets and jerseys?

What would GS take for Barnes? JT? They are hurting for a big as well and a contingency in case Bogut goes down.

I am still trying to find a suitor for MT.

Straw man argument. Big time.

23 MPG= 6 RPG 14.2 TRB%
28 MPG= 6.7 RPG 13.8 TRB%

Just because JT has a higher RPG average, doesn't mean he was the better rebounder last season. His 5 extra MPG explains that easily enough.

TRB% gives you a look at the % of rebounds a player grabbed while he was on the floor. As you can see, it's about equal. Given Landry being the much more effective offensive player, it's no contest as to why Landry is superior.
Glad you went with trb%. How about the 3-4 seasons before last?

Y! Sources: Sacramento close to signing free agent F/C Yi Jianlian to 2 year deal, league sources tell Y! Sports.

— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA)
HAHAHAH!!!! I remember a caller to Grant's show on Wednesday I think where the guy was saying "what about YI? He just won a championship in China." Grant called him a moron and said Yi isn't any good ect ect...

Quite hilarious that Yi will be a member of the Kings. I hope the guy calls Grant again this week.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
HAHAHAH!!!! I remember a caller to Grant's show on Wednesday I think where the guy was saying "what about YI? He just won a championship in China." Grant called him a moron and said Yi isn't any good ect ect...

Quite hilarious that Yi will be a member of the Kings. I hope the guy calls Grant again this week.
5 years ago I was intrigued. Then he spent 5 years in the league as a .404 career shoting 7 footer, and I assumed that was the end of it. wWonder if Nikoloz Tskitishvili is still out there to be had as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.