Kings should Draft

I was checking a couple mock drafts and one of them has the Kings taking: Euro player; Dontas Motiejunas. I believe he could be the next Dirk and could be a steal in the draft. He is the type of player that GP picks. Check him out on youtube. :)

I don't want to belabor the point, so I'll just let a single sentence from DraftExpress cover it:

"While Motiejunas leaves an incredibly strong impression with the talent he’s displaying on the offensive end, his work defensively and on the glass can’t be described as anything less than worrisome."

no thank you. I'd much rather have demarcus cousins. From what I'm reading, this guy isn't a defender, rebounder, or inside presence and he mainly looks for the short rang jumper. Not really what we need at the moment. Maybe a 2nd rounder?

No thanks. Bargnani was incredibley talented offensively too when he came in... We don't struggle with scoring, we struggle with stopping others from doing it at will on us.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
I'm hoping for a top 5 pick. No way he gets picked in the top 10. Unless we go on an unforseen winning streak which kills our chances at a top 5 pick, I wouldn't consider him. Plus, the last thing this team needs is a big that doesn't play defense or rebound.

Dontas Motiejunas is one of most skilled 7-footer I've seen. This guy is going to be a very good offensive player in the league. Defensively, he just sucks. Motiejunas is not going to fall past the Warriors if Don Nelson still has a say (but who knows if he does anymore).

Kings should draft either Demarcus Cousins, Ed Favors or Epke Udoh in that order. Selecting any of those players will put a smile on my face.

I was checking a couple mock drafts and one of them has the Kings taking: Euro player; Dontas Motiejunas. I believe he could be the next Dirk and could be a steal in the draft. He is the type of player that GP picks. Check him out on youtube. :)
Two words: Darko Milicic

Dontas Motiejunas is one of most skilled 7-footer I've seen. This guy is going to be a very good offensive player in the league. Defensively, he just sucks. Motiejunas is not going to fall past the Warriors if Don Nelson still has a say (but who knows if he does anymore).

You are aware that the Warriors can't fall past the 5th pick at the moment? There's no way Motiejunas goes that high, whether Nelson is calling the shots or not.

The only guy we should go hard after in this years draft is Cousins. Having a tough guy like him down in the post for Tyreke to dish it off to would get us at the very least 10 more wins next year.

You are aware that the Warriors can't fall past the 5th pick at the moment? There's no way Motiejunas goes that high, whether Nelson is calling the shots or not.
With all due respect, I don't think you have any idea what the Warriors are up to or how high Motiejunas can go. You're just going by what the so-called mock draft experts predicted and don't seem to factor in that many prospects move up and down as the draft approaches. At this time two years ago nobody saw Russell Westbrook as a #4 pick.

What I do know is that the Warriors do not draft according to mock draft sites - they are going to draft someone they like regardless of what DX thinks where that player should go. And also, I know that Nellie bitched about things Biedrins couldn't do that Motiejunas could do in his sleep. And I also know that they are desperate for a 7 foot tall center who can fit into Nellie's system - someone who can shoot and creates, not another offensively impotent guy like Biedrins or Turiaf.

I'm guessing Nellie likes Greg Monroe too, but between Monroe and Motiejunas, the later is more polished offensively and is a real seven footer. So I think Nellie will go for Motiejunas.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

He's a half foot too tall to play for Nellie.;)

I know and understand WHY people dont want Montiejunas. I dont want him, but if something goes wrong here, and we cant pick one of Wall, Turner, Johnson, Favors, Cousins, Aldrich, or Udoh, thats 7 players, I wouldnt hate the Montiejunas pick.

I put him in the same catagory as Monroe or Whiteside .. If we have to draft at 8, and my top 7 right there are gone, then you just have to live with one of those 3 guys.

another international player? We already got enough of those. We need an American player
And what next? We do not need Jewish players, or white players, or black players, or Asian ones?? I hope you understand that was an ugly chauvinistic post.

It is not about nationality, it is about who is the best or right fit for the team.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Unless we get a top 3 pick, we can probably forget about Mr. Cousins.

Assuming we land somewhere's between 6 and 8, I vote for Udoh or Aldrich. If we can trade up without giving up too much, maybe try to snag Favors.