Kings select for the 8th pick - Nik Stauskas

I like Staus
He's not only a proven elite shooter, but a very good ball handler who isn't afraid to take it to the hole. That's what we were missing, that's what we got. People need to lay off the annoying habit of trashing anybody they don't like or THEY think we should have picked. Stick to your own job and let this kid prove himself.

I just don't get the whole skipping on Noah Vonleh thing.
Not just the Kings but a lot of teams skipped on him and everyone saw him going #5 after Exum. Really surprising draft in some ways but at the same time not really. The kings pick was probably the most surprising in the top 10 which is sad.

Cousins
Vonleh
Gay
Ben Mac
PG

Could have looked nice on paper and a great fit next to Cousins who can spread the floor with his shot and can pass well with great NBA IQ. I don't get it.
Just mind-boggled.

They're on this Klay Thompson hype for some odd reason. PDA has a boner for him.
they're trying to recreate everything they did in Golden State and it's getting annoying. They have done it since day one.

That Carl Landry signing :(

Welcome to Sac-Town Nik. I think he was the best player available at the time I did not want Vonleh or Mcdermott and I guess the team was not sold on Payton. As for the whole Ben Mclemore angle on this I don't think it's a big deal. Ben played just under 27 mins last season and we were forced to play Ray, Outlaw and even Rudy there at times so we were going to need another guard there anyways so now we have that. Whichever of the two of them becomes the best player is yet to be written and for the record I still think Ben can be a good player in this league.

I like Staus
He's not only a proven elite shooter, but a very good ball handler who isn't afraid to take it to the hole. That's what we were missing, that's what we got. People need to lay off the annoying habit of trashing anybody they don't like or THEY think we should have picked. Stick to your own job and let this kid prove himself.
I think you're missing the point that this is the "job" of internet message board posters. To cheer and jeer with reckless abandon.

S

SacKings2002NBAChampions

One thing that Stauskas has that shines bright is his confidence in his stroke. When he shoots the ball, you can tell the Kid oozes in confidences because of how much he believes in his shot. The same belief that Stojakovic had. I just don't see that confidence when Ben Mac launches a 3. He's going to be a great and reliable shooter, no doubt. It's all about how much he develops on the rest of his game that will decide whether he becomes a great fit or not.
Either way, he was not the BPA. There were players who have far more upside than him such as Vonleh, Payton, LaVine and Saric. Granted, the latter two are future prospects.

S

SacKings2002NBAChampions

I like Staus
Isn't that the whole point of this forum? To contribute in discussion of our opinions of what the Kings should have done and the aftermath of what they have done.

S

SacKings2002NBAChampions

Ben and Nik's college shooting numbers are very similar. It doesn't always translate to the NBA, look at Ben last year
I think Nik is more NBA ready because of his high NBA IQ. Ben has a higher ceiling for sure. I think the Kings will try them both out and then do a big trade midway through the season to offload the less likely player.

...if they can't secure Rondo (which they won't). Ainge is a troll.

Hopefully in the coming weeks or days we will see Mclemore and maybe a future pick for Rondo.

There has to be something more. Why on earth draft 2 SGs in 2 lotteries back to back. That just shows that you screwed up the first time. This front office is starting to irritate me. I think I will start calling PDA the gerbil now too.

Stauskas got some shiftiness to his step... Here he displays pretty good handles, and passing for a SG. He may be able to play a little PG if the Kings decide to play big in a game. I think he takes McLemore's starting job.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat

Stauskas got some shiftiness to his step... Here he displays pretty good handles, and passing for a SG. He may be able to play a little PG if the Kings decide to play big in a game. I think he takes McLemore's starting job.
Yep. Although those stupid ****ing contested threes off the dribble truly were giving me Jimmer flashbacks.

That's why it's frustrating when/if people just label him a shooter because he's white. Dude has good athleticism and creativity to score. And has legit NBA size.

Nik reminds me of a cross between J Will and Danny Ainge. If he turns out as good as either we will be happy. As has been mentioned the Kings needed a SG since they played 3 forwards a PG and Cuz at times last season.

I like his style and I hope he does not lose that swagger:)

I am honestly excited to have Nik on the team. I like scorers and shooters, was excited when we drafted Jimmer and Reddick is also one of my favorite players. BUT, you don't win just by acquiring shooters and scorers. I'm happy we have Nik, now just get rid of Ben.

It's not that i don't like Stauskas as a player, it's just a really strange pick considering our needs at PG/PF and the guys who were available.
It's not strange, if they were not sold on the other guys who were available as being able to effectively fill the needs. They're probably not sold on Ben panning out as a starting guard going forward either.

If I had to place a bet right now on who has more effective NBA career, Ben or Stauskas....I pick Stauskas

It's not strange, if they were not sold on the other guys who were available as being able to effectively fill the needs. They're probably not sold on Ben panning out as a starting guard going forward either.

If I had to place a bet right now on who has more effective NBA career, Ben or Stauskas....I pick Stauskas
so would i. But now we're probably stuck with another year of JT and a bad contract for IT

I know people think I'm crazy for saying he reminds me of Brandon Roy, but they really do have similar games. He isn't as explosive as I remember Roy being, but they are both excellent ball-handlers and passers for their position. I can definitely see Stauskus running the point for short stretches.