Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Beno's no look pass to Jerry and Grant

Votes: 5 11.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

piksi

Hall of Famer
Kings just can't have their winning streak extended to more than two games since the beginning of the season. Kings refuse to defend or rebound which was deadly against a better Thunder team. It was one of those games wher ewe were always close but never really had a chance - which is what we need at the point because the lottery is out highest priority right now. Kings are 20-40, 5-28 on the road and that is good enough for the 4th worst record in the NBA right now. Kings are on a 3 game road trip in 4 days and tonight we play well rested Rockets in the back to back game that might be "more than a game" for some. After that Kings will go to Dallas on Friday which will be very, very difficult game to play.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Kings meeting rockets couple weeks after trade will be an interesting game but in the end it will give no informations whatsoever - who made a better deal. This game doesn't have much meaning for the Kings because we have nothing to play for and certainly nothing to win for. Rick had few practices and it shows. Kevin is a perfect player for his system and that shows too. Not sure whether it will be enough for the playoffs but Rockets will be better. Landry can't make a difference for the Kings in this situation. No one could. He could end up being a nice piece ot a great 6th man for a future PO contender Kings team. The game itself still should be fun at least to watch who will make their former team more sorry for giving them up.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am not a 7ft tall but I am wondering how difficult is it to get a rebound ? Waching Spencer Hawes - it seems to be near impossible. spencer is always at the wrong place at the wrong time unless You want him to shoot threes. I played basketball enough to know that rebounding is mostly desire and will. "go - get it!" - type of play. Sure there is some anticipation neccesarry but most of it is just hard physical work. Positioning, boxing out, pushing, shoving - the works. It helps when you vertical leap exceeds the thicknes of the Sunday paper but at 7 ft - how much leap do you need ? Maybe the ait is thinner up there.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
20/5/5 seems to be some magical "goal" we are chasing together with Tyreke Evans. It would be nice but it isn't necessary or really important. Those stats wont' make Tyreke more ore less impressive than he has been so far in his young NBA career. This will only be remembered anyways if he wins games, rings the works. That is what I care about especially because it could happen in Kings uniform. We are far, far away from that at this point but we needed a start - something and now we have it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
It took Thunder only 3 seasons. They made many good moves and now they are a difficult team to deal with. Majr move was sucking at the right time and getting lucky in the lottery. Durant is impressive. Even the refs are very impressed with him. Thunder will be dealt with for a while. Will the NBA ever let them win anything -that is a difficult question but they will be there - for a while.
Kings shot great last night, even made free throws. They took care of the ball, "forced" turnovers. They never had a chance. You can't, just can't win games where you don't defend or rebound. 67% shooting, -9 rebounding in the first half with you starting center having a big Idaho potato in his rebounding column - I was wondering how we were only down so few. If thunder took care of the ball better - we would have lost big. Even a mediocre team wins road games shooting 53% from the field with only 13 turnovers.
AWARD TIME

AWARD TIME

TDM - Nenad "just shave your head" Krstic

LW-VC -James " I share Baron's barber' harden

JHA - Spencer " I shot more threes than got rebounds" Hawes

MIKKI - Ime '30 seconds" Udoka

SAR- Ime "cut me" udoka

RA&1 - Tabo "I can't play basketball but I am in the NBA" Sefelosha

Jax/Walk - Spencer " one day I will shoot fours" Hawes

WTF moment of the game -that Thunder fast break sure was impressive.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Rockets are next and this is a "we know each other" game. We are at disadvantage because it is back to back. This is a game where we have to go at kevin and take advantage of his defensive skills. We need to get him in foul trouble if we can because he will be motivated and he will hurt us if we allow it which we probably will do. This is the game two teams without dominating rebounders or any rebounders for that matter. Evans needs to abuse Brooks and Landry needs to say - "hi'. We can win this game but Ricks offense can destroy us if we defend like last night.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
my matchups

Evans vs Brooks - will Brooks go guard hawes instead ?

Hawes vs 2 rebounds per half - sounds impossible

Landry vs Scola - looking forward to it

Budinger vs ghost of Matt Bonner - please don't do it.

Hilton Armstrong vs TDM - would anyone be surprised ?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Evans - keep it up

Beno - next time put your imaginary friend right in the basket

Hawes - boooooooooooooooooooooooo

Casspi - more

Landry - "TDM" the Rockets !

May - vertical leap antiproportional to his buffet skills

Cisco - okay

Greene - not enough

rest mateen
---------------------------------------------------------
Rockets are 30-29, 17-13 at home which is 9th in the West 4 games behind Portland. Probably won't make the post season even though there is enough time. They are 2-3 since the trade but they are playing better especially offensively. Budinger will get the TDM, Ariza the LW-VC. Kings will play well but not well enough.
-------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Who is gonna guard Martin? Beno? Sure hope not Tyreke or he'll be in foul trouble I think...I'd have Cisco or Greene start on guarding him.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Who is gonna guard Martin? Beno? Sure hope not Tyreke or he'll be in foul trouble I think...I'd have Cisco or Greene start on guarding him.

Cisco seems the logical matchup. Am interested in seeing how we play this. Have to figure Kevin is goig to want to be aggressive, and have to anticipate a certain amount of flopping from their scrawny guards as they have no chance to stop Reke within the rules. So having him guard Kevin as well would just be putting him in danger of too many foul calls.

Think I'd make Cisco his shadow until he fouled out.

Last edited:
S

sactownfan

I predict Hawes to have a great game...

after the terrible performance last game he will be ever so predictably motivated tonight...

piksi

Hall of Famer
I was just informed that a certain presentation is moved up a week which means that I won't have time for game threads for the next 3 games. Sux!!!

martin will get his points... and martin will give points

as long as our guards dont get into foul trouble were good here.. cisco should lock him up good

Wow... I'm trying to watch on league pass int broadband. They informed me that the game will only start showing after GS@ORL ends. Awesome. GS@ORL is still in the 3rd quarter.

L

LWP777

Okay, put Cisco or Donte in now please. It's obvious Caspi isn't going to abuse KMart the way PW and staff thinks he will.

Status
Not open for further replies.