Kings Playoff Standings Watch!!!

So we've kind of made "45 wins" like somewhat the magic number to hold a top 6 slot. I'd be surprised if it's anything higher with how this season has played out. Here's where everyone would have finish to get there:

Sac: 25 games left:13-12

LAC: 21 games left:12-9

PHX: 22 games left: 13-10

DAL: 22 games left: 14-8

NOP: 23 games left: 15-8

MIN: 21 games left: 14-7

GSW: 24 games left: 15-9

OKC: 25 games left: 17-8

UTA: 22 games left: 16-6

POR: 24 games left: 17-7

LAL: 23 games left: 18-5

So outside of LAC and PHX, as long as we play .500 ball, it's going to be extremely tough for more than one other team to potentially catch us and knock us out a top 6. I could buy one of those teams popping off, but multiple? With how the West has played this year? Seems unlikely.

Honestly couldn't ask for a better test to close the season. Kings control their own fate on where they finish; they don't have to hope and pray for other teams to lose.
a quick glance at the schedule and if I had to guess we will be favored in 15 out of the 25 games. If we lose 4 games we are favored in and win 2 of the 10 we won’t be that gets us there

So we've kind of made "45 wins" like somewhat the magic number to hold a top 6 slot. I'd be surprised if it's anything higher with how this season has played out. Here's where everyone would have finish to get there:

Sac: 25 games left:13-12

LAC: 21 games left:12-9

PHX: 22 games left: 13-10

DAL: 22 games left: 14-8

NOP: 23 games left: 15-8

MIN: 21 games left: 14-7

GSW: 24 games left: 15-9

OKC: 25 games left: 17-8

UTA: 22 games left: 16-6

POR: 24 games left: 17-7

LAL: 23 games left: 18-5

So outside of LAC and PHX, as long as we play .500 ball, it's going to be extremely tough for more than one other team to potentially catch us and knock us out a top 6. I could buy one of those teams popping off, but multiple? With how the West has played this year? Seems unlikely.

Honestly couldn't ask for a better test to close the season. Kings control their own fate on where they finish; they don't have to hope and pray for other teams to lose.

Came here to say exactly this. Falling to 6 is definitely possible with our tough schedule and the Suns Mavs and Clips being capable of closing the gap. But with a 3 game lead on 7 it seems the only realistic team to pass us would be the Wolves, and that requires everything going right for them and a lot going wrong for us.

a quick glance at the schedule and if I had to guess we will be favored in 15 out of the 25 games. If we lose 4 games we are favored in and win 2 of the 10 we won’t be that gets us there
Yeah and there's still the possibility we play over expectation and go like 15-10. I think that would probably be enough to hold the 3 seed, especially with a few strategic wins

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
That Portland game right after the break is huge. We owe em one after they won in our building to start the season and made fans hit the panic button lol it was the start of the 0-4 letdown before we shocked the NBA
We have 3 games with Portland and I'll honestly be upset if we don't mop the floor in all 3. Games 3 and 4 are in Portland on a Wed/Fri in March. With any luck I can take my boy to both.

We have 3 games with Portland and I'll honestly be upset if we don't mop the floor in all 3. Games 3 and 4 are in Portland on a Wed/Fri in March. With any luck I can take my boy to both.
Any team with Dame Lillard and i'll honestly just be happy to come with some wins, no matter how we do it. Every game will be tough from this point on IMO, but, yes, we are better than Portland.

In-Conference games are more important than Out-Conference games. The 2 Clippers games are the most important games in the next 6. Splitting with them would be ok. From what I've seen of the Kings lately, I would be surprised if they go anything over .500 the rest of the way. 15 wins seems unrealistic. As I mentioned, they are too inconsistent offensively and rely too heavily on a large spread of players scoring. Anything less than 5 players scoring well during most upcoming opponents means a likely loss except Spurs and maybe Bulls. That means Murray, Barnes, Huerter, Monk, Davis, Lyles,,,,gotta have 3 but preferably 4 of them having a good night on offense every game. 4 total (incluing Fox and Sabonis) just won't cut it. And Mitchell has to start playing better - he's had 2 good shooting games in his last 10. You're seeing Davis get more minutes, as he has more scoring upside while still playing decent defense. Its also important to try to get Murray involved offensively in the paint and in more sets - they've pigeon-holed him for 3-pt shooting too much. He was a college scoring leader, so he knows how to do it at different levels. Huerter has been pretty good at making the 4th scorer, sometimes 3rd - so he just needs to maintain his level of play. Barnes shooting unfortunately has fallen off after a strong January; the last 6 or 8 games have not been too good. If he can get more consistent, it would shore up the chance of .500.. He seems to be settling for outside shots, when he should be attacking the rim and going to the line where he is among the Kings most consistent foul shooters.

Gotta take it one game at a time because this schedule truly looks daunting if you get too busy looking ahead. Thankfully a lot of other teams may feel the same way, seeing us on the schedule.

Last edited:
Westbrook to the Clippers actually seems like a net positive for us. I hate to be the guy that just writes off a player entirely, but Russ hasn’t been a part of a winning culture in a long time.
Yeah any minute Russ is playing is minutes away from Mann, Eric Gordon, Norm Powell. And my guess is Russ eventually closes for them, which is outstanding for any other west playoff team

I really don't understand the pessimism I've seen here, and heard on 1140. The Kings haven't lost more than two games in a row since November. I'd say they are less likely to go on a slump than most of the teams within a handful of games. Admittedly I haven't looked up the standings all season and I'm not about to start now, but the chances of four teams passing them has got to be pretty slim.

I really don't understand the pessimism I've seen here, and heard on 1140. The Kings haven't lost more than two games in a row since November. I'd say they are less likely to go on a slump than most of the teams within a handful of games. Admittedly I haven't looked up the standings all season and I'm not about to start now, but the chances of four teams passing them has got to be pretty slim.
Especially when those 4 teams all still have multiple games with each other.