KINGS PICKING 4TH IN 2022 NBA DRAFT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Leave him on the board if hes there.
Leave Banchero on the board if he's there at four?!? :eek:

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that one. I would take any of the "big three" at four without hesitation if Ivey (or somebody unexpected) jumps top three, but Banchero is my #1 in this draft, even if he's not the best fit with Sabonis.

If any of the "big three" is on the board at four, we should take them and reject all trade offers that don't involve a 20-year-old LeBron.

Eh, moving up wasn’t the problem. It was the decision making, as usual.

Hell, they could have selected Bridges #2 if they thought he was that good.

It’s never a bad thing to have better draft position.

Had they not moved up in the 2018 draft the decision makers they had at the time still would have found a way to screw up no matter where they drafted.
I know, and yes Vlade and company were inept in every possible way, still we could have avoided 4 years of Luka vs Bagley frustration/ conversations if we had simply stayed put in that draft.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
OK, nothing imminent on closing this one, but we're at 80 pages here, so we should probably voluntarily move discussion over to Tetsu's Draft Dread thread, which may or may not be the draft thread itself.

Ivey is not a run-jump athlete with no skill. God damn these hot takes are hard to read constantly.
Then how come he doesn't look good whenever he's not blowing by anyone in a straight line? No off-hand, bad defensive IQ, bad midrange, unimpressive handle, no shiftiness or creative moves, slow and wonky shot that fell off during conference play, so I'm not entirely buying his shot's improvement.

He explodes to the rim in a straight line using his athleticism and finishes with his dominant hand. That's about it, aside from occasional off-ball savviness.

Then how come he doesn't look good whenever he's not blowing by anyone in a straight line? No off-hand, bad defensive IQ, bad midrange, unimpressive handle, no shiftiness or creative moves, slow and wonky shot that fell off during conference play, so I'm not entirely buying his shot's improvement.

He explodes to the rim in a straight line using his athleticism and finishes with his dominant hand. That's about it, aside from occasional off-ball savviness.
As I said, hot take. You don't know what you're watching.

Then you better be first in line to explain why we received a post-draft grade of a big ol' "F" for leaving Paolo Banchero on the board after the top three all passed up on the opportunity to draft him.
Who cares about grades? Besides, the KINGS have passed up good players before. Nothing new there.

What’s escaping you is the overwhelming track history of Duke players.

New Orleans probably would have been ridiculed and received an ‘F’ for passing on Zion Williamson in favor of Ja Morant but it’d have been a great decision.

What dominos must fall for the kings to get one of the top 3?

I was thinking chet, Ivey, paolo or Jabari, Ivey, Paolo. But if Paolo goes 1, I have no read on hou since it seemed paolo was a lock with them. I still think they go big tho.
@Telemachus must think this is fake news. :)

Regarding Chet, seen some rumors that he didn’t give his medical to Orl and Okc. If anyone falls to 4, I think it’s him.

Who cares about grades? Besides, the KINGS have passed up good players before. Nothing new there.

What’s escaping you is the overwhelming track history of Duke players.

New Orleans probably would have been ridiculed and received an ‘F’ for passing on Zion Williamson in favor of Ja Morant but it’d have been a great decision.
What's escaping you is the simple fact that, according to your logic, we shouldn't draft a player from ANY school out there. Because, I guarantee that, when you go back in history, there are VERY few schools, if any at all, that produce more all stars than they do busts.

I guess, for the sake of my sanity, I will put my positive Paolo Banchero vibes to the side, until he:

- Is named ROY
- Is named league MVP
- Is named Finals MVP
- Has led his team to a championship

While I put my positive Paolo Banchero vibes to the side, I will also "enjoy" watching this board go up in flames over the fact that our 2022 1st round pick has managed to make his way to obscurity, while Banchero is leading his team to glory.

Also, and just to clarify...

I am not saying that we should do everything in our power to ensure that Paolo Banchero comes to Sacramento at the end of the day. Because I do not believe it is worth gutting our roster and future draft picks just to move up 1-2 spots to draft the guy.

I am saying, however, that I firmly believe that, when the smoke clears, Paolo Banchero WILL end up going down as the best player to come out of this draft class. He's a special kid. And he is going to be a special NBA player.

NOTE: I will ABSOLUTELY be here to admit my fault(s) if Paolo Banchero becomes just another statistic. I won't shy away from stuff like that. Not on this forum. If he becomes a bust, I will man up and admit being wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.