[Game] Kings @ Pelicans (Play-In Tournament) - 4/19 6:30PM PDT/9:30 PM EDT

The front office said they want and expect him back. The GM told him that and the press the next day after our game. Now if Orlando comes with a big offer maybe he moves on. Only other fit would be the Sixers. He isn’t going to sign with a rebuilding team.
The Warriors paid over $300 MILLION for a team that didn't make the playoffs. That's a HUGE L. They are businessmen. They aren't taking that L again, I don't care what they say.

Our bench 12 points for entire game
Lyles 13 min 0 pts
Mitchell 24 min 10 pts
Sasha 10 min 2 pts

Their bench 34 points…

Our bench just didn’t cut it tonight whatsoever. It was just a hard, sad game to watch… BUT to get here remember we put the GSW to bed and kept them out of the play offs which hasn’t happened to them in years.

Yes I’m flipping the negative to a positive and can’t wait for next year.
warriors missed the playoffs 2019-2021. So now they have missed the playoffs 3 of the last 5 years.

The Warriors paid over $300 MILLION for a team that didn't make the playoffs. That's a HUGE L. They are businessmen. They aren't taking that L again, I don't care what they say.
Letting him go for nothing doesn’t really help them. They are stuck with this team cap wise and they are fine with it. They are a money printing organization and will be until Curry declines.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
I think we still had a lot of motion in our offense from what I saw. But there obviously was a stronger emphasis on pulling the 3pt trigger if it was available. Our 3pt usage is much higher than last year. Against the Pels, they neutralize a lot of that motion which makes our over reliance on 3s even more magnified. They also played us straight up so there aren’t many open 3s to begin with
I get it that the 3 ball is likely the best option overall if you are hitting them. But it seems like this year our offense would stagnate more often into a simple weave and screen for a 3 ball shot or even into an iso play. It just wasn't as fluid or threatening offensively. Maybe teams figured us out last year? But I think with more options and screens, etc., we'd get better open looks and cuts to the basket than we did most of this year.

Keegan Murray took a major step forward as a player this year, especially on the defensive end - which few saw coming. He's borderline All-NBA defensive team. Have a limoncello and relax my friend.
Nobody is a bigger Keegan Murray fan than myself bro. But he can't go 4 for 12 and 11 points. We need 20 points from him. It's that simple. Of we want to be a team that contents, Murray can't really have those games unless somebody (Lyles for this year) steps up and drops 15-19 in that game. Keegan can't get outscored by Barnes in a playoff type game unless Barnes is going absolutely ham.

I do take umbrage with you telling me to have a limoncello and chilling. I'm not fired up. I accepted this result before it happened. Stop being condescending.

Nobody is a bigger Keegan Murray fan than myself bro. But he can't go 4 for 12 and 11 points. We need 20 points from him. It's that simple. Of we want to be a team that contents, Murray can't really have those games unless somebody (Lyles for this year) steps up and drops 15-19 in that game. Keegan can't get outscored by Barnes in a playoff type game unless Barnes is going absolutely ham
I was referring to his overall season and you changed the scope to try to make a point. I then brought you back to the point I made but now you are simply refusing to engage on my original claim. Keegan Murray made major strides as a player this year.

I made this point in the context of a comment on the Coach - that was the relevance. But please continue to have a conversation with yourself.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Keegan didn't. That's what you are tripping on. Look at his BS tonight. Murphy out it on him. He can't let that happen. He had 32 last game. If he had even 28 tonight it's a different story.
Didn't what, improve? I don't think that you can defend that thesis outside of cherry-picking a handful of games in isolation. Murray absolutely has improved, year-over-year, compared to his rookie season.

I was referring to his overall season and you changed the scope to try to make a point. I then brought you back to the point I made but now you are simply refusing to engage on my original claim. Keegan Murray made major strides as a player this year.

I made this point in the context of a comment on the Coach - that was the relevance. But please continue to have a conversation with yourself.
My original comment, and all comments, have been in regards to THIS GAME. I don't care if you want to change what I said to encompass the whole season. I'm still only talking about this game.

So from MB the only statements that were shown from the presser was that Kings were passive in offense, did only some short passes to players that were close by, didn't spray the ball (not long passes, he didn't mention spray 3s) so they couldn't score that easily.

I am not part of "Fire MB" but I would like once more in that end of the season to try and tell us what he did to change that, to improve the offense, and why it didn't work out at the end. And I guess it was only part of the presser, somehow when Kings are on the road we don't get to see that many post game statements, normally it takes hours for them to appear on social media.

Yeah, you need to put some baking soda in that Nona sauce cuz the acidity is frying your brain.

Obviously Keegan is having a better overall season, even if his % are down. But in a game like tonight, his weaknesses were very much on display. And I would argue that is the #1 reason why we beat GS as well as lost tonight. Keegan's strength vs his weakness.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I am not part of "Fire MB" but I would like once more in that end of the season to try and tell us what he did to change that, to improve the offense, and why it didn't work out at the end. And I guess it was only part of the presser, somehow when Kings are on the road we don't get to see that many post game statements, normally it takes hours for them to appear on social media.
Now these are QTNA. I tend to think that it's the height of entitlement to want to fire a coach that has led the team to back-to-back winning seasons for what is, for all intents and purposes, only the second time in forty years. BUT... I do think that it's absolutely fair to ask, "Hey Coach, you like to do the whole 'spray' thing, and it wasn't working tonight; why you ain't try nothin' else?"

Okay, but you made your post in response to a statement that said that Murray had a good season. Why did you choose to give a micro response to a macro comment?
My bad, I apologize for doing so. I understand tensions are high and people are making mountains out of mole hills but I'm focused on tonight so it's my fault I narrowed my scope where people aren't. I apologize. Are you happy Slim?

Murray has been the key to the Kings and their future. Tonight he was the key to this game. Against GS he sailed and had 32 points on 15 shots and the Kings sailed with him. But New Orleans shut him down and the Kings were trying to fight with one arm behind their back because of it. He couldn't get the shots he wanted. He couldn't drive like he wanted. With about 10 minutes left in the 2nd quarter Sabonis yelled to him, "Come on!" trying to encourage him. Sabonis knows how important he is to the entire Kings offense. Murray did make a 3 pointer on the next possession, but for all intent and purposes it was "game over" after that. Eleven points off of 12 shot attempts isn't remotely close to what was required.

Now these are QTNA. I tend to think that it's the height of entitlement to want to fire a coach that has led the team to back-to-back winning seasons for what is, for all intents and purposes, only the second time in forty years. BUT... I do think that it's absolutely fair to ask, "Hey Coach, you like to do the whole 'spray' thing, and it wasn't working tonight; why you ain't try nothin' else?"
Yeah we are not a team that can seemingly turn it on. Once it’s off from outside it tends to stay that way for us this season. We really like really really need a 4 Keegan needs to be the SF and we need a PF with some star power.

Murray has been the key to the Kings and their future. Tonight he was the key to this game. Against GS he sailed and had 32 points on 15 shots and the Kings sailed with him. But New Orleans shut him down and the Kings were trying to fight with one arm behind their back because of it. He couldn't get the shots he wanted. He couldn't drive like he wanted. With about 10 minutes left in the 2nd quarter Sabonis yelled to him, "Come on!" trying to encourage him. Sabonis knows how important he is to the entire Kings offense. Murray did make a 3 pointer on the next possession, but for all intent and purposes it was "game over" after that. Eleven points off of 12 shot attempts isn't remotely close to what was required.
Keegan doesn’t like contact and is timid going inside. Keegan needs some dog in him. I would love Harry Giles personality in Keegan

This is the point I have been trying to make for this game tonight. Thank you for making it. It has gotten me in trouble with a few people so far but it's 100% true.

Keegan doesn’t like contact and is timid going inside. Keegan needs some dog in him. I would love Harry Giles personality in Keegan
He's still young. On the one hand he has the GS game to give him confidence, but on the other hand he has the New Orleans' game to challenge him to get better. This one is going to sting for the entire off-season. He's not a finished product. My 2 cents: Don't practice with a guard who prohibits you from going inside in their practice sessions. IMO, it would be much better to practice with a hurly burly forward who pounds on him and who he can pound on to get him toughened up for the upcoming season.