[Game] Kings @ Pelicans (Play-In Tournament) - 4/19 6:30PM PDT/9:30 PM EDT

This is where I disagree. They are more than capable. It’s just not a point of emphasis. Brown has consistently said he wants the spray 3s. He is the one reinforcing the plan, not the players. Or am I completely hearing a different message from his direct quotes about not shooting enough 3s in a game where over half of our shots were 3s and we shoot less than 30%?
Murray, Ellis, and for the most part Barnes are not more than 3 point shooters in the half court offense

This is a wake up call for everybody, from monte to Fox/sabonis/murray.

For Monte, fix the kings roster issue
For the players: they should never allow their team to lose to bad team.

i guess next season we’ll get to see how much of the game plan was up to Brown and how much was up to Jordi when Jordi is getting killed in the NY rags for not taking a team of Mikal Bridges and a bunch of random wings to a fifty win season.
I bet you Jordi has a lot to do with the Kings success. I feel like he's mastermind behind the substitution and matchups. Brown is terrible in substitution strategy. There is one time last year when Brown was out due to (I believe Covid) and JOrdi took over coaching and I remember saying...wow, I really like his substitution...he really knows who to put in matchup wise to give the team the best chance to win.

I think this squad showed a lot of fight and improvement over these last few weeks but just didn’t have enough firepower to execute the vision. No, Monk wouldn’t been some magical potion, but i do believe we’d have that 6th seed with him healthy. We’ll never know but i am hyped for this offseason because i trust Monte and front office already and we’ve made a lot of great discoveries down the stretch IMO.

Glad it is over, now can Monte start working to bring some real reinforcement to this team?
This is the only time in the history of my being a Kings fan that I have been happy the season is over. This was abysmal - because of HOW we lost games, repeatedly, showing no progress within the season, or from last season. Individual players progressed, but overall team play backslid from last year - to my shock.

Glad it is over, now can Monte start working to bring some real reinforcement to this team?
I hope Monte is aggressive this year. Last year, he's just playing it safe...bringing everybody back...same roster due to the success...but I knew we were just good, not elite. And one of the reason for the success last year was that too many teams have their stars out when they played the Kings and Kings were healthy all last year. This year is different although they win enough games but there is too much inconsistency in the team. They can beat the best, but turn around and lose to the worst.

Not enough firepower... even with Zion out.

But Zion has been out most of the past decade... so they are used to that.

Offense struggled more and more down the stretch missing Huerter and Monk.

D-fox can put up points - but he makes no one else around him better.

If I’m Monk, I would follow the money. Playing more with his best friend might give him a lifetime of memories, but the NBA is a business and we could easily trade him in an instant. The beam team was special, but I don’t think it would be in his best interest to stay on the team if he gets more money elsewhere

This is the only time in the history of my being a Kings fan that I have been happy the season is over. This was abysmal - because of HOW we lost games, repeatedly, showing no progress within the season, or from last season. Individual players progressed, but overall team play backslid from last year - to my shock.
If there is one joy in this year is because we beat the Warriors and got the monkey off our back. That's the only joy really lol.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Were you in a coma for the better part of the last 20 years or something because this season still is like the third most enjoyable season we’ve had behind last year and the Scores year?

If I’m Monk, I would follow the money. Playing more with his best friend might give him a lifetime of memories, but the NBA is a business and we could easily trade him in an instant. The beam team was special, but I don’t think it would be in his best interest to stay on the team if he gets more money elsewhere
I disagree with you 100%

For fun…

11/20 game 129-93 Pels. 11-45 from 3. 3s were 52% of total fgs

11/22 game 117-112 Pels. 15-44 from 3. 3s were 58% of total fgs

1/7 game 133-100 Pels. 15-45 from 3. 3s were 50% of total fgs

4/11 game 135-123 Pels. 16-38 from 3. 3s were 45% of total fgs. Not surpassingly this was our most competitive game against them and they had zion

today’s game. 11-41 from 3. 3s were 47% of total fgs

Always sucks when the season ends but I feel pretty ok. We have some good pieces moving forward, a draft pick to work with and growth potential from Keegan, Keon and Colby. If we can be a top 10 defense from the jump we will put ourselves in a better position come playoff time next year. Have to get more consistent shooting especially from Keegan. Might need to dip into our mid level for bench help if Monk bolts.

2 straight winning seasons given our history is a solid start. 4 more wins should be the goal for next season and that will be no easy task given the west. And please find a way to not go 0-8 against the Pels and rockets

Were you in a coma for the better part of the last 20 years or something because this season still is like the third most enjoyable season we’ve had behind last year and the Scores year?
I can see where he is coming, it's the hope that kills you. But, yeah, we still have 46 wins and the basketball we played are mostly enjoyable.

Fox 4/16 3 pointers (had 3/5 at one point, ok most of them were in 4th quarter)
Len +5 in 4 minutes of action
Davion +10 but it's a bit misleading, he was at the end and didn't do much in that -20 becoming -7 (mostly Fox did everything with steals etc)

We stopped CJ and lost the game by Naji, Nance and GTA.

Kings seem to be mentally broken each time an opponent makes a good run.

Ball movement a huge issue tonight, Fox, Barnes and Domas just dribbling the ball in offense without able to find open looks for themselves or a teammate. I am curious about the presser what will be mentioned by MB.

Regarding Sasha, he looked rusty on offense, but was good in defense though.

I don't agree with "Lyles and Sasha" chemistry, Mark Jones mentioned it once just because of a pass for an open 3 in a fast break since both of them came back from injury. Only Domas seem to "know" him, there were times early in the season that Fox was searching for him (and then imitating his release) but that was many months ago.

This is was one of the most boring offenses I've seen. It was entirely predictable, and there was no growth at all.

I enjoyed the Bonzi Wells and Ron Artest years much more than this. Again, it's how we lost.