[Game] Kings @ Pelicans, 1/21/14, 8 pm EST/5 pm PST

Who is the greatest athlete in the universe?

• Richard Sherman

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Richard Sherman

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Richard Sherman

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Richard Sherman

Votes: 6 30.0%

• Total voters

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Remember, Jerry said - and I quote - "it's called SCOREboard, not passboard."
He said several things that I really disagree with including that he sees thing that fans don't see intimating he has superior vision, I suppose. He is really beginning to aggravate me with his arrogance and he's the last guy I would expect. I have always defended Jerry being a Midwesterner myself but he is really aggravating me.

Rudy Freaking Gay, folks!!!! Oh yeah, did I forget to mention that I'll be at the game tomorrow, showing my passion for purple amongst a sea of red?????? GOOOOOOOOOOO KIIIIIIIIIINGS!!!!!!
If you went to the last one then YES please go. We will beat them again... You're our Houston good luck charm..

He said several things that I really disagree with including that he sees thing that fans don't see intimating he has superior vision, I suppose. He is really beginning to aggravate me with his arrogance and he's the last guy I would expect. I have always defended Jerry being a Midwesterner myself but he is really aggravating me.

Jerry can't even see the camera. that's why he's always looking slightly above where Grant is during broadcasts.. Don't ask me..... My Grandpa says that. I've actually never really noticed.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Jerry can't even see the camera. that's why he's always looking slightly above where Grant is during broadcasts.. Don't ask me..... My Grandpa says that. I've actually never really noticed.
He has said that fans who can't see how amazing IT is don't know basketball and I presume he will find some here who agree and on a foul called on Cuz he said the average fan couldn't have seen the push off with Boogie's left hand. Two shots at the fans in consecutive games. Even Grant doesn't do that on TV. The comment that one of them made that the team does well when Rudy scores more than 20 is a quote from this forum. He reads this forum and I find his comments insulting.

I don't know if coach didn't want to look ahead before today's game was finished, but during a blowout the starters should be resting unless there is a need to come back in.

They do need to learn how to finish out games though, and hopefully they can rest a little bit tonight

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I don't know if coach didn't want to look ahead before today's game was finished, but during a blowout the starters should be resting unless there is a need to come back in
I'm gonna assume Malone knew what he was doing and is in a much better position to judge than we are. I will disagree with you that starters should rest during a blowout, however. Your phrase "unless there is a need to come back in" speaks volumes. If Malone had pulled the starters too soon and had to put them back in, it would have been much worse.

I'm gonna assume Malone knew what he was doing and is in a much better position to judge than we are. I will disagree with you that starters should rest during a blowout, however. Your phrase "unless there is a need to come back in" speaks volumes. If Malone had pulled the starters too soon and had to put them back in, it would have been much worse.
Well, with the big men matchup tomorrow they might be a little tired. Pelicans were on their back to back and would have ran out of gas anyway, but if they win tomorrow, no harm done!

Glenn

Hall of Famer
My attitude is as long as there is a long shot that we can be caught, we play the starters. It's difficult to get momentum back if you lose it with the bench players. Win the one you are winning and then worry about the next game.

I think Malone was trying to give the starting unit a chance to sort of "put away" the other team as a kind of simulation since there was no risk. Basically he wanted late game half court execution(which killed us in the Memphis game and almost cost us the T-Wolves game). Putting away a team generally means using the clock and executing in the half court and good defense.