[Game] Kings @ Nets- 4/7/2024 - 4:30PM PDT/7:30PM EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Colby with 7 4 4 3 and 2. Love his long term potential.
Colby, Keon, and Davion should be giving Monte reason to think about his G spot coming into the summer. Monte might be on the cusp of spending quite a bit less on his cap without a ton of drop off in the win column if he can shift some things. The issue is still that when any fourth guard enters the rotation, Sasha is usually the one getting pushed out.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
If the Kings get one of the 7-10 "play-in" slots, but do not win into a first-round playoff series, they will be a lottery team (pre-lotto position of somewhere between 11-14, depending on who else loses in the play-ins), thus they would not give up the pick, which is 1-14 protected this year.
I'm late to the party (I don't like these East coast early afternoon games on the weekends) but I consider this a win-win scenario. Either we get (at least) 1 full round of the playoffs at the end of the year or we get a late lotto pick as a cheap way to add depth to the roster as our consolation prize. In fact, when taken in those terms I hate the idea of the play-in less.

Sure that means we push back our tradeable first round picks by another year but I'm less bothered by this than some are because we're already handcuffed anyway by players not wanting to come play in Sacramento. If you look at the deals that did get made at this year's trade deadline, Monte had the assets to trade for a lot of those guys but they didn't want to come to Sacramento and it doesn't make sense to give up that much for a half season rental. I don't see this situation changing for us anytime soon.

Wasn't the best match of the season, this 30 point margin doesn't make much sense, amazing defense sometimes, but the offense wasn't clicking so much. Didn't know several of the Nets players and until the last 7-8 minutes I never felt comfortable enough that we would win this one. I didn't like that we took so many 3s that were clearly not open shots. At one point we were leading by 20 shooting with 38% from the floor, Nets had similar percentage but they were awful from long distance.

Liked what Colby has shown, should work on his jumper and free throws though, Fox had his ups and downs, once more he wasn't getting to the line and for sure that wasn't his fault (Mark Jones implied about this "phenomenon" throughout the season), Lyles and Sabonis were both amazing I guess since Nets don't have so competitive bigs with Claxton missing. Lyles had +37, Davion had +36 ( I am surprised nobody wrote about Fox passing the alley hoop to him, maybe he thought it's Malik), Keegan was a bit late to the party but he was a menace in defense and found his shot in 2nd half when the team stopped scoring easy buckets.

In a match that Kings won by 30, HB had a -15, is this a Guiness record or something for a starter? He had 2 points taking 4 shots, with his only basket being a dunk that he was wide open by a nice Fox-Domas passing sequence. His stats (in 11 minutes of action) were all zeros, still he will continue his amazing streak of consecutive games playing/starting in the next match. And the Nets probably don't have a bike to ride cause I saw him sitting at the bench several times, perhaps this made him play worse, who knows with this guy? At least he was all smiles when his teammates were doing good things on the floor without him there contributing.

Status
Not open for further replies.