[Game] Kings @ Milwaukee Bucks, 1/14/2024, 4:00 PST/7:00p EST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last time up, the Kings fell mightily to the Philadelphia 76ers. Tonight, no relief against Giannis Antetokounmpo, his brother, and basketball brothers, all except Khris Middleton and Chris Covington.

Will the real Sacramento Kings please stand up?

Giannis will likely go for 40+, Dame 25+ and I feel like Brook Lopez will disrupt Domas offensive game. Gonna take an A game to have a chance against this team.

Well Bucks stars played significant minutes last night holding off the Warriors without Steph.

They aren’t very good defensively anymore. They don’t have very good depth.

Middleton is a known Kings killer and won’t be playing.

Kings will be fresh and should have no trouble scoring.

I think the Kings have a good opportunity to win tonight.

But this is a taller order than the Embiid less Sixers. Who were 2-7 without him and the Kings weren’t competitive and still looked overmatched. So who knows.

Keys to the game:

- LET GIANNIS EAT. Don’t leave the shooters( *spoiler* they’ll over help and leave shooters open all game…and Giannis will still eat)

- less than 12 turnovers

- make open shots for crying out loud

Keon is only 6’3” barefoot. He has a 6’ 8” wingspan. Huerter is 6’6” with a 6’ 7” wingspan.

both lack length to be great defenders. By contrast Jalen Williams is 6’ 5” with a 7’ 2” wingspan. The Kings in general lack length across the board except for Fox.
I disagree on 2 of your points…
  1. That Ellis lacks the length to be a great defender.
  2. That the Kings lack length across the board except for Fox.

For your 1st point, Ellis’ primary position is PG. He’s taller, has a longer wingspan, and a longer standing reach than Fox (and Fox has good size at PG). He has more than enough length to be a great defender.

We were discussing possible starting SGs using the roster we have today. I still think Huerter should be the starter, but if Brown was set on starting someone with more defense, I think Ellis would be the best bet at this point (even if his ideal position to guard is PG).

For your 2nd point, Murray has great size & length at SF. His twin brother measured 6’7.75” w/o shoes with a 8’10” standing reach and a 6’11.75” wingspan and I’ve always thought Keegan was a bit bigger/longer than Kris so wouldn’t be surprised if he surpassed those measurements a bit.

Size/length is just fine at PG and SF. Our C isn’t going anywhere and he’s very below average in the height/length department. We just need to focus on addressing that length weakness at SG and PF.

Last edited:
Every team I've rooted for since that disaster in Philly has lost. But I can't root for the Bucks to help the Kings. Go Kings!!! And go Pack -- let's make the state of Wisconsin go 1-1 today.

Status
Not open for further replies.