[Game] Kings @ Magic - 3/23/2024 - 4:00PM PST/7:00PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Lord. It's truly mind-boggling how we couldn't find a decent coach for so many years.
This is a list built on coaches having an idea of what "winning" basketball is even if it doesn't fit their talent vs. ones that play to the strengths of their players. Karl literally came out and admitted it right before he was ousted in Denver, he'll go down swinging with a style over building to suit his stars.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Kings were fortunate that Orlando had a difficult time breathing in the last couple of minutes of the game. Ellis surpassed himself in this game. Couldn't be happier for him; I loved his confidence and assertiveness. Murray didn't have a shot attempt in the last five minutes of the game and only 12 shot attempts in this game, which is criminal. For the Kings to become elite rather than a fringe playoff/playin team Murray must become more central to their offense. I'll take the win, but I still haven't seen the Kings play offensively like I think they can, even with Heurter out of the lineup.

Regarding the "league not calling so many fouls" , still the Kings are among the best teams in defensive rating in March and I don't think it is because other teams don't take advantage of the "less fouls policy".
The defensive rating will remain good having the next game against the Sixers that will be again super physical, Sixers only won 3 out of last 10 and in all their wins they allowed their opponent to score no more than 98 points. In 6 of those 10 matches they scored less than 100, so another battle is to be expected!

Regarding the "league not calling so many fouls" , still the Kings are among the best teams in defensive rating in March and I don't think it is because other teams don't take advantage of the "less fouls policy".
The defensive rating will remain good having the next game against the Sixers that will be again super physical, Sixers only won 3 out of last 10 and in all their wins they allowed their opponent to score no more than 98 points. In 6 of those 10 matches they scored less than 100, so another battle is to be expected!
Does anyone think that the improved defensive rating relative to the rest of the league is because now they're calling less fouls on the kings and allows us a fairer opportunity to play better defense compared to the other "better defensive" teams who have always gotten less foul calls even before the policy change? I mean before the FT disparity allows more opponents to make a living off the line while preventing us from being more physical and play good defense? But this new direction of the league seems to have evened it out a little for us since we were not getting freedom to play better defense before with the ticky tack calls. Of course having Keon in also is a big factor.

Does anyone think that the improved defensive rating relative to the rest of the league is because now they're calling less fouls on the kings and allows us a fairer opportunity to play better defense compared to the other "better defensive" teams who have always gotten less foul calls even before the policy change? I mean before the FT disparity allows more opponents to make a living off the line while preventing us from being more physical and play good defense? But this new direction of the league seems to have evened it out a little for us since we were not getting freedom to play better defense before with the ticky tack calls. Of course having Keon in also is a big factor.
It’s Keon. He talks on D, dudes now know where to be, and he’s flying around disrupting plays. The reffing is different now, for sure. But having 3 plus defenders on the perimeter helps more.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
We all thought Davion was a very good defender for the last few years until a real deal true defender came along in the name of Keon Ellis.
Let's be fair to Davion. He's an elite on ball defender against opposing PGs and some smaller SGs. I'd say within those bounds he's a better man defender than Keon. But Ellis is a much better team defender and significantly more switchable.

We all thought Davion was a very good defender for the last few years until a real deal true defender came along in the name of Keon Ellis.
Davion is a very good defender, but let’s be real his impact is limited with his lack of length. His super power is his lateral quickness and man defense, but if a team wants to get him off their guard they just set a pick and get a switch. They are both good but different defenders, Keon’s length and ability to disrupt makes him more impactful.

Davion is a very good defender, but let’s be real his impact is limited with his lack of length. His super power is his lateral quickness and man defense, but if a team wants to get him off their guard they just set a pick and get a switch. They are both good but different defenders, Keon’s length and ability to disrupt makes him more impactful.
One of Keon's biggest strengths on defense is his ability to get through screens. The way he gets through screens is amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.