[Game] Kings @ Los Angeles Lakers, 3/6/2024, 7:30p PT/10:30p ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Seems like Mike found something with the three guard lineup with Keon playing the three. Basically what he has been looking for with the Duarte minutes.

That Fox-Monk-Keon-Lyles-Len lineup played some great minutes in both halves. We also saw similar version of Mitchell-Monk-Keon-Keegan-Sabonis. That one make me a bit more nervous because of the lack of firepower if Monk isn't on, but they played some great D and bought us some good Fox-less minutes.

The recipe of Keon and Monk, playing with a point guard, stretch 4, and a big, is a lot of fun. I really hope Brown comes back to that in future games.
Awesome post! I was thinking this same thing about the 3 guard lineups and you articulated it perfectly. The Kings lack size in some of those positions anyhow, so why not gain advantages by switching it up? Wonderful coaching from Mike Brown tonight, and the response after timeouts was the complete opposite of the Bulls game.

For real, Brown completely crapped the bed at the start of this one. But thank goodness he's a guy that won't stop searching. The Kings have had too many coaches in the past that will just keep banging their head against the same rock.
So true. Pretty much all of them did that, even Adelman at times.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
On pace for a 42-12 FT disparity. Can’t wait.
At half I told my wife the only thing keeping the LA LeFraud’s from a beat down of Boston Celtics v. Golden State proportions was the ridiculous free throw discrepancy.

Honestly, knowing how much Domas and Swipa attack in the paint, it’s just laughable how opposing teams consistently get to the line at seemingly such a higher rate.

If you’re seeking proof of star or market bias — it’s hard to rationalize it any other way.

We were always at our best with Keon out there, we went away from it with showcasing Davion and I noticed a huge drop off. He does so many of those little things and the team feeds off his energy. We need him out there. Surprised we won. The only question that remains is are we ever going to learn how to put it all together?

Didn't get to catch this one live so watched it on recording.

Just wanted to point out, during the 2nd quarter when the Kings were on their offensive tear, did it feel like the refs were purposefully trying to mitigate the L.A. meltdown and momentum switch with those million touch fouls during that stretch?
Don't ask questions to which you already know the answer.

When a team hits 15 shots in a row, they gotta do something.

Really happy to see Brown no longer afraid to hurt feelings. Huerter and HB not getting it done? Guess what fellas, you aren't playing.

The only 3 who should have absolute secure minutes are domas Fox and Keegan. Maybe Monk too, because of the energy he brings every game, but even he gets too wild at times.

Keon and Davion were both very impressive off the bench. Them being good just gets so much more defense on the floor. It's sorely needed

Really happy to see Brown no longer afraid to hurt feelings. Huerter and HB not getting it done? Guess what fellas, you aren't playing.

The only 3 who should have absolute secure minutes are domas Fox and Keegan. Maybe Monk too, because of the energy he brings every game, but even he gets too wild at times.

Keon and Davion were both very impressive off the bench. Them being good just gets so much more defense on the floor. It's sorely needed
Barnes wasn't so bad, was active in offense and wasn't such a liability in defense. He just happened to be on the floor in the rough start the Kings had, there were many switches in defense that the Lakers found some easy baskets (mostly 3s) in the first quarter but at least he helped a bit. Huerter wasn't doing much in both sides and came close to miss that lay up in the fast break all by himself. Also Kevin has Monk/Davion/Keon to replace him while Barnes at the moment has only Lyles as a substitute normally. Duarte, Edwards seem to have fallen out of the rotation, Sasha injured but ok we had this trick with 3 guards and Keegan at "4" at some point.

I didn't expect Huerter or HB to start the 2nd half (after spending so much time in the 1st in the bench with the team having a perfect run) but they stayed only for a while and never returned again. Will any of them be replaced in the lineup against the Spurs? I doubt that, but could give them extra motive not to take their place in rotation for granted.

Barnes wasn't so bad, was active in offense and wasn't such a liability in defense. He just happened to be on the floor in the rough start the Kings had, there were many switches in defense that the Lakers found some easy baskets (mostly 3s) in the first quarter but at least he helped a bit. Huerter wasn't doing much in both sides and came close to miss that lay up in the fast break all by himself. Also Kevin has Monk/Davion/Keon to replace him while Barnes at the moment has only Lyles as a substitute normally. Duarte, Edwards seem to have fallen out of the rotation, Sasha injured but ok we had this trick with 3 guards and Keegan at "4" at some point.

I didn't expect Huerter or HB to start the 2nd half (after spending so much time in the 1st in the bench with the team having a perfect run) but they stayed only for a while and never returned again. Will any of them be replaced in the lineup against the Spurs? I doubt that, but could give them extra motive not to take their place in rotation for granted.
They'll keep starting, but I think Brown sent a message last night that he's going to ride the hot hands for the 5-10 rotation slots. Basically, just because they start doesn't guarantee them minutes.

Which, honestly, is great. The Kings have been far too inconsistent this year to just blindly keep giving minutes out without earning it on the floor

Just a note on the refs. This forum has often commented on the disparity of calls against the Kings for the last two seasons. The Kings are going to have to accept the fact and play through it (as with the Laker game and other wins). The refs are not going to change calls without a myriad of successful challenges and, even then, they are the officer, judge, and jury so too often the Kings are unjustifiably SOL. Players complaining during the game in hopes of getting the next call doesn't seem to work very well either.

Players should ignore the refs and concentrate on what they can control...their own performance. Let the coaches be the squeaky wheel.

Successful challenges can significantly influence the refs perception of their own performance while unsuccessful challenges only serve to validate their performance. Challenging and losing "iffy" calls hurts the team in the long run for that reason.

The questionable reffing puts the onus on the team and the fans to react in a way that defies the actual and/or perceived disparity while upgrading performance and lessen excuses. Yes, it is an unfair burden but it must be addressed on court by improved concentration on the task at hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.