[Game] Kings @ Lakers - 4/7/17 - 7:30PT/10:30ET

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
As what should come as a surprise to absolutely no one, the LA Lakers don't have a mascot. How could a mere mortal in a costume hope to compete with the Hollywood celebrities who can be spotted in the crowd? (Number of celebrities varies with the relative success of the team at the moment, BTW.) But, even with no mascot, they do have one constant:

upload_2017-4-6_11-9-11.png

Enough about the Lakers.

I hate LA. I hate everything about LA.

DIE LAKER SCUM!!!

As what should come as a surprise to absolutely no one, the LA Lakers don't have a mascot. How could a mere mortal in a costume hope to compete with the Hollywood celebrities who can be spotted in the crowd? (Number of celebrities varies with the relative success of the team at the moment, BTW.) But, even with no mascot, they do have one constant:

View attachment 6657

Enough about the Lakers.

I hate LA. I hate everything about LA.

DIE LAKER SCUM!!!
Again.......... how do you feel about the L.A. lakers? Just to be clear, I mean. Love it!!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
To be honest, if you really want to stick it to the Lakers, we should Tank harder than them and Lose.

Further lowering their chances of the Lakers getting lucky and keeping a top 3 pick! ;)
Nope. No way. Not in G1C. I have too many bad memories of obnoxious Laker fans strutting around Arco after a win, going so far as smashing windows in the parking lot, etc. I want any Laker fan who steps into our arena to leave without having anything to cheer about. Believe me, the fans who come to the game are not gonna be interested in losing for the tank. They'll want to win just to lord it over Kings fans.

BEAT LA!!

BEAT LA!!

BEAT LA!!

BEAT LA!!

BEAT LA!!

BEAT LA!!

BEAT LA!!

BEAT LA!!

BEAT LA!!

BEAT LA!!

BEAT LA!!

BEAT LA!!

Nope. No way. Not in G1C. I have too many bad memories of obnoxious Laker fans strutting around Arco after a win, going so far as smashing windows in the parking lot, etc. I want any Laker fan who steps into our arena to leave without having anything to cheer about. Believe me, the fans who come to the game are not gonna be interested in losing for the tank. They'll want to win just to lord it over Kings fans.

BEAT LA!!

BEAT LA!!

BEAT LA!!

BEAT LA!!

BEAT LA!!

BEAT LA!!

BEAT LA!!

BEAT LA!!

BEAT LA!!

BEAT LA!!

BEAT LA!!

BEAT LA!!
Actually, tomorrows game is in L.A. at Staples Center, if that makes any difference. :)

About the Lakers pick, if they slip out of top 3. They not only lose this years 1st rounder to the 76ers from the Nash trade, they would also lose their 2019 1st rounder to Orlando from the Dwight trade. If they dont lose this years pick they send next years unprotected to 76ers and 2 second round picks to Orlando instead.

Damn I loathe the Lakers.I have seen Lakers fans elsewhere feel the league OWES them the 1st pick this year. My guess is for the league "robbing them" of Chris Paul.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
About the Lakers pick, if they slip out of top 3. They not only lose this years 1st rounder to the 76ers from the Nash trade, they would also lose their 2019 1st rounder to Orlando from the Dwight trade. If they dont lose this years pick they send next years unprotected to 76ers and 2 second round picks to Orlando instead.

Damn I loathe the Lakers.I have seen Lakers fans elsewhere feel the league OWES them the 1st pick this year. My guess is for the league "robbing them" of Chris Paul.
We all know what's going to happen. It won't matter if they initially slip out of the top 3. Their card will be in the final envelope unveiled at the draft lottery and Magic Johnson will smile modestly.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member

BEAT LA!!

BEAT LA!!

BEAT LA!!

BEAT LA!!

BEAT LA!!

BEAT LA!!

BEAT LA!!

BEAT LA!!

BEAT LA!!

BEAT LA!!

BEAT LA!!

BEAT LA!!
I can confirm that Lakers fans want desperately to lose. Also that they will find a way to be obnoxious no matter who wins.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I can confirm that Lakers fans want desperately to lose. Also that they will find a way to be obnoxious no matter who wins.
My comment wasn't about Lakers home fans. It was about some of the obnoxious jerks who have made it impossible for me to attend a Kings-Lakers game in Sacramento for years. (I erroneously thought - when I made that initial post - the game tomorrow was in G1C.)

As far as them being obnoxious no matter who wins, I can't even imagine attending a K-L game in Staples. I detest everything about LA and have done so since I was last there in 1979.

hrdboild

Staff member
My comment wasn't about Lakers home fans. It was about some of the obnoxious jerks who have made it impossible for me to attend a Kings-Lakers game in Sacramento for years. (I erroneously thought - when I made that initial post - the game tomorrow was in G1C.)

As far as them being obnoxious no matter who wins, I can't even imagine attending a K-L game in Staples. I detest everything about LA and have done so since I was last there in 1979.
I stay clear of the Lakers home games. Mostly because they're absurdly overpriced. The Clippers play better basketball anyway and they're almost as fun to root against. Staples Center is a 10 min walk from where I work and it's a nice place to see a game. Not as nice as Golden 1 Center, but it is about 400 miles closer. And LA isn't all bad. The international food and live music offerings are basically endless. Even the hellish traffic can mostly be ignored, I've discovered, if you get a Metro pass and make creative use of Uber/Lyft. I still haven't found a solution for the unfortunate lack of trees though.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I stay clear of the Lakers home games. Mostly because they're absurdly overpriced. The Clippers play better basketball anyway and they're almost as fun to root against. Staples Center is a 10 min walk from where I work and it's a nice place to see a game. Not as nice as Golden 1 Center, but it is about 400 miles closer. And LA isn't all bad. The international food and live music offerings are basically endless. Even the hellish traffic can mostly be ignored, I've discovered, if you get a Metro pass and make creative use of Uber/Lyft. I still haven't found a solution for the unfortunate lack of trees though.
I live in the middle of a national forest by choice, so things like "international food and live music offerings" don't particularly appeal to me. The hellish traffic you refer was to hellish in 1979. I cannot imagine what it must be like now. I assume the air has gotten better, but it still couldn't compare to the air I breathe every day. I'll refrain from listing all the other things I completely detest about LA and Southern California, but it's a long list. I guess I'm just meant to be here where I am... You see more people in a day than I probably see in a year (and that includes my occasional forays into "town"), and that's a real deal breaker for me. It's very nice and quiet here in the forest.

hrdboild

Staff member
I live in the middle of a national forest by choice, so things like "international food and live music offerings" don't particularly appeal to me. The hellish traffic you refer was to hellish in 1979. I cannot imagine what it must be like now. I assume the air has gotten better, but it still couldn't compare to the air I breathe every day. I'll refrain from listing all the other things I completely detest about LA and Southern California, but it's a long list. I guess I'm just meant to be here where I am... You see more people in a day than I probably see in a year (and that includes my occasional forays into "town"), and that's a real deal breaker for me. It's very nice and quiet here in the forest.
I know what you mean. I'll venture deep into some wilderness or another for a couple weeks every year and it's always really hard to come back.

After checking out their site, I won't even mention the site, I VERY MUCH WANT THE KINGS TO LOSE. Forfeit. The bus broke down. The dog ate my plane ticket. ANYTHING. Laker fan is freaking out. They want to lose this game so bad. For the lakers to lose this top 3 pick......... I couldn't think of anything better.
Since this is the case, I smell a guaranteed kings win sooooo, since I'll be up in Lake Tahoe later this afternoon, I will be placing a rather large sum of money on the kings to win. Either my jinx kicks in and this forces the kings into a loss, which would make me very happy, or I come into a rather largeER sum of money. Win/win

Last edited:
We're sharing the same heart..........

Ive lived in SoCal. Ive lived in the sticks. I LONG to move back out to the woods. Or just away from civilization. It's why we are looking at the least populated state in the union, Wyoming. The less people, the better.

Final Countdown: 4 games to go.

How would we best stick it to the hated Fakers? By losing or by winning? ;)

Think you know how it ends?

A fan has got to do
what a fan has got to do...
I_want_you_SAC_Kings_ICON.jpg
Predictions are ON for game #79:
On the road vs the Fakers, Friday 4/7, 7:30pm

Predictions are accepted HERE until tip-off (In 12 hours).
Just follow the link to the thread, and post the exact game result.
Prediction Game Stats:
Grading
Bla bla... ( View attachment 5791 )

Prediction Rules
Yada yada... ( View attachment 6251 )
List of all predictors in order of appearance:
And to you, prediction rookies... :D
It's never too late to start...

@carmichaeldave, @Mr. S£im Citrus, @Warhawk, @6th, @9x1x6, @AL/kfan, @Albatros, @allrightthen, @Amit149, @andjel, @Arkitect, @arusinov, @BamBam52, @Bibby10AZ, @Big Cuz 15, @biltalent, @BLNINJA #81, @Boogie_Fever, @Bruiser62906, @bsegers, @Castasic, @Chicken Chaser, @Chubbs, @Crabwalk, @CuzistanKing, @Darr_Vader, @datamanwes, @DC222, @Deb M @deki, @DesertFox, @Dime Dropper, @Double-K, @dude12, @east_sac, @EJF, @Elise10, @ElRey, @Entity, @ESP47, @fansinceday1 @Fannie Dwest, @Flopi, @ForlornKing, @funkykingston, @giantking1355, @Gilles, @glassman , @Gliesian, @GoSACtown, @Gtronic, @Hansel, @Heuge, @HereWeBoogie, @HighFlyingMonkey, @HndsmCelt, @Hoovtrain, @Howard, @hrdboild, @Iced Espresso, @IfAt1st, @ikon_zero, @itzcoatl, @jcassio, @jcwkings, @Jeremy Fraser, @Jimbob, @Jkbiker, @John Galt, @Jora Wala, @Joshoua, @k_dubb90, @kennadog, @King in England, @kingdivac , @KingMilz, @KingsCitizen, @kingsfan1984, @KingsFan80, @Kingsfan91, @KingsFanGER, @Kingsfan_GER , @Kingsroots, @Lammy, @Larry89, @Livinthedream, @Lopes, @LPKingsFan,@mac, @macadocious, @Mass, @MassachusettsKingsFan, @Merdiesel, @miltonap, @MizzouKing, @nebs, @nofun, @One and Done,@OnYouLikeGlue, @OptimusRhyme, @Oscar, @Padrino, @pdizo916, @pdxKingsFan, @piksi, @ppine, @pshn80, @R2D2, @rainmaker, @randymoss1881, @RaY Z, @Revrag, @roasthawg, @RX-8, @Sac.1989, @Sac.Kings, @SacKings384, @sactownfan, @SacTownGrantFan, @SacTownKid, @Sam0ah, @SCKingsfan, @sdballer, @ShastaKingsFan, @Section 101, @sidney, @Siranthony, @slashing4, @Sluggah, @speedwagon, @spok22s, @steelevt, @swisshh, @TaxMan, @The Effort Police, @The_Jamal, @TruckeeKingsFan, @twslam07, @Tyndel, @upinsmoke, @White_Chocolate, @whoopdeedoo, @whozit and @Woogie.

After checking out their site, I won't even mention the site, I VERY MUCH WANT THE KINGS TO LOSE. Forfeit. The bus broke down. The dog ate my plane ticket. ANYTHING. Laker fan is freaking out. They want to lose this game so bad. For the lakers to lose this top 3 pick......... I couldn't think of anything better.
Since this is the case, I smell a guaranteed kings win sooooo, since I'll be up in Lake Tahoe later this afternoon, I will be placing a rather large sum of money on the kings to win. Either my jinx kicks in and this forces the kings into a loss, which would make me very happy, or I come into a rather largeER sum of money. Win/win
solid approach - you can always bet on the kings to lose and its always pays off.

Winning in this instance is really losing so you win. Take all the money to the bank sir

Lakers might come out to win. They are at home and are a game and a half up on the Suns who are have lost 13 in a row. The damage is done for the Lakers by winning their last two games, winning now is not going to change anything standings wise for them.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
I'm sorry tankathon discussion notwithstanding, as a long-time Kings fan I can never under any circumstances ever ever root for a Lakers win over the Kings and no it's not different when they get screwed out of a draft pick because of it. It's really simple, watching the Kings beat the Lakers is always a good thing end of story. Besides as noted above the damage is done Suns will take that number two spot.

Last edited:
Lakers might come out to win. They are at home and are a game and a half up on the Suns who are have lost 13 in a row. The damage is done for the Lakers by winning their last two games, winning now is not going to change anything standings wise for them.
Well, that does change things. If the lakers can't get any worse then I'm now ambivelent about tonight.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I grew up in the LA area. The straw that broke the camel's back was being in a traffic jam at 12 midnight on a weekend in which we traveled about eight miles in 45 minutes.

I don't even feel the rivalry anymore. Both teams suck and have and will for a while so there's really not much for me to hate about the Lakers at the moment.

The last time it felt like we had a rivalry face off with them was the year we picked up Thornton. He was playing out of his mind and it was the last game of the season. Thornton was hitting huge shots at the end but Kobe did what Kobe always does and shoved the dagger in with a game winner at the very end.