[Game] Kings @ Jazz, 10/25/2023 6pm Pacific 9pm Eastern

Best Former King NBA GM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shout-out continuity. Just looked like we picked up where we left off, despite shooting struggles and the new guys looked great.

So who gets cut when Lyles gets back? Sasha right?
I think so unless Lyles starts poorly. He’s a smart player though and so is Sasha just not NBA smart yet.

51 3pt shots.. I was thinking last year when we were taking 40+ 3pt shots that would be too much, but dang.. We will see some games where we live and die by the 3pt shot like last year if we are going to be shooting 51.. But if we make 37% of them then we will win a lot of games.

51 3pt shots.. I was thinking last year when we were taking 40+ 3pt shots that would be too much, but dang.. We will see some games where we live and die by the 3pt shot like last year if we are going to be shooting 51.. But if we make 37% of them then we will win a lot of games.
We actually added a TON of three point shooting in the offseason too though. Duarte, Sasha, even Colby if he keeps it up. Plus it looks like Davion's shot is better. We were barely tapping the gas pedal of what this team can do and we put up 130. This season is going to be absolutely nuts.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Good win! Would have been an obscene blowout if Fox and Monk were playing up to their standards.

Keegan was impressive with his all around game, even if he didn't hit 20 tonight! I think he probably had the best season debut out of last years top 5.

Domas got it together after a shaky start and was his usual self.

Barnes played so well he might only average 6 ppg for the rest of the season (I kid), but seriously, he needs to tap into Black Falcon more this year and less Mr Invisible. That first half of his was just berserk.

McGee was solid! Plus we got a little Shaqtin' highlight when he got that block, and was immediately dunked on while flexing on the dude he stuffed! Hilarious.

I dunno what's up with Huerter, but his play has been Huert-er-ing my eyes lately! Dude better figure it out because we got some hungry talent on the bench!

On to the hated Warriors!! Fox and Monk.... plz play better Friday! Actually, everyone play better Friday... it's the Warriors!

We actually added a TON of three point shooting in the offseason too though. Duarte, Sasha, even Colby if he keeps it up. Plus it looks like Davion's shot is better. We were barely tapping the gas pedal of what this team can do and we put up 130. This season is going to be absolutely nuts.
definitely.. Just hope we stay consistent. Seemed like a weakness last year when we would lose at home to teams we shouldn't lose to, we were taking a ton of 3pt shots.

definitely.. Just hope we stay consistent. Seemed like a weakness last year when we would lose at home to teams we shouldn't lose to, we were taking a ton of 3pt shots.
Yeah, I remember those. As potent as our offense was last year, it would stall pretty regularly without Fox or Domas on the floor. I think a lot of the scoring depth and ball handling that was added was targeted specifically at keeping our factory running 24/7. No downtime in the offense. And when we're also not so reliant on a few players, we can adapt to different game situations and matchups better too. Just overall a higher performance machine. Fun taking it for a test drive tonight.

Thanks for tuning in to this episode of Vinny Basketballerino's Garage.

Nice drama free opener.

Building up a big lead and staying in the drivers seat. Most drama was the Jazz going on a a big 9-0 run to cut it to 11 or something. It’s good that the Kings can play a lesser team and you can know they are far and away the better team without looking at the records. Kings mostly played to the level of the competition last season. Tonight they just looked like a way better team despite some cold shooting nights.

Kings always had an answer on offense or a lot of times defensively.

HB’s hot shooting made up for the cold shooting from Fox, Monk and Huerter. So I don’t think it clouds up the data too much even if HB won’t be a 30 a game scorer. Kings were getting good shots almost every time down the floor.

Domas was good. Nice steady game. Probably could’ve had close to a triple double as well. A lot of missed wide open threes on his passes. Also, no foul trouble and played pretty aggressively on defense. If he can get a fair shake from the refs like he mostly did tonight, that will open up a lot.

Fox played well on both ends. Cold shooting but thought he had a good IMPRINT on this game.

Keegan played well. Showed some things we didn’t see last year. His And1 was probably his most big boy play as a pro and the game is slowing down for him when it comes to driving to the hoop and his midrange game. Also liked the rebounding and defense.

Monk similarly was ice cold but had a big impact. 7 assists and double figures.

Bench play was excellent. Sasha, JaVale, and Duarte strong.

Huerter rough but played better in the second half.

29 teams assists, evenly balanced throughout. Low turnovers. 8 team blocks.

Kings look improved

Great opener. Barnes won’t have another game like this all season, but Fox and the rest will make up for it.
Based upon what?

Will he score 33 many times? Perhaps not. But HB strung together some similar games like this one last season where he scored 25+.

The reason he doesn’t usually score over 30 is because he’s unselfish and starts passing the ball once teams recognize he’s a problem and run more aggressively to him.

Take tonight as a prime example. He scored 27 in the first half yet didn’t have a shot attempt in Q3. The KINGS don’t force feed the ball to him and he doesn’t try force things. He could have scored 40+ tonight had that been his and the teams focus. And he would have had more 30+ games last season had that been the focus.

Point is, this isn’t some aberration. HB has shown to be capable of getting hot like this on many occasions.

I'm looking forward to upgrading him though. Apparently just NO WAY we can compete for a title with 22/12/5
Yeah, the person floating that BS on social media is an idiot. Sorry, but it’s the truth.

Clearly that person didn’t watch KINGS games in totality last season until, probably late in the season after Domas was already playing through numerous injuries. Or just has some type of agenda.

He wouldn’t have any idea how much contact Domas had to endure that went uncalled last season that clearly wore him down. And he fractured his thumb. Then Draymond stomped on his sternum.

Many players wouldn’t have even tried to play through it and fans would be complaining about that. But Domas did, and just wasn’t right and didn’t produce like normal.

These naysayers have zero clue that Domas hit the same midrange shots he was passing up or missing late in the season and throughout the postseason during much of the regular season. They have no clue that he shot the 3 pretty well in limited attempts. Or that he’s worked on the shot more this season.

To summarize, they just haven’t the slightest clue. :cool:

And lastly, here’s the drop the mic question — who is the upgrade over Domas?

Last I checked, neither Jokic nor Embiid are available. And neither of those guys led a team to a championship until last June.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.