[Game] Kings @ Jazz 1/3/2023 6pm Pacific 9pm Eastern

Was the Panic-O-Meter in the last game thread responsible for the loss against the Grizzlies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

In Salt Lake City to sample more of the sweet sweet Jazz music Utah is so famous for. (I hear Brigham Young was rather famous for his ability to absolutely slay the occasional sax solo.)

Winning two games against the same team over the span of a week is usually pretty tough to do so this one might be tough to pull off.

GO KINGS

Last edited:
Both Huerter (upper back soreness) and Monk (right shoulder soreness) are questionable for tonight. Moneke and Ellis are activated for one game.

Ellis currently leads the Kings with a +31.6 in +/-. Of course, he has only played nine minutes.

Last edited:

In Salt Lake City to sample more of the sweet sweet Jazz music Utah is so famous for. (I hear Brigham Young was rather famous for his ability to absolutely slay the occasional sax solo.)

Winning two games against the same team over the span of a week is usually pretty tough to do so this one might be tough to pull off.

GO KINGS
#BeamTheLight

200w.gif

Clarkson abused Huerter on offense last game.Of course Kevin made up for that by having a great night offensively.But if someone limits Clarkson to his season averages it will make it easier to absorb Huerter's absence overall(assuming he misses this game)

I wonder how many games we have lost when we played good basketball for at least 3 quarters? I’m thinking maybe 5 or so. If we don’t wet the bed we usually have a really good shot of winning each game we have played.

Clarkson abused Huerter on offense last game.Of course Kevin made up for that by having a great night offensively.But if someone limits Clarkson to his season averages it will make it easier to absorb Huerter's absence overall(assuming he misses this game)
I nominate Okpala. The problem is, if both guys are out, where is the firepower going to come from on the second unit?

dude12

Hall of Famer
If both are out it’s TD time. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Keon Ellis given a shot as he definitely can play D. It would allow Davion to get most of his minutes at backup PG

And now that I think about it, Keegan Murray was guarding Clarkson for many of his minutes.

If both are out it’s TD time. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Keon Ellis given a shot as he definitely can play D. It would allow Davion to get most of his minutes at backup PG

And now that I think about it, Keegan Murray was guarding Clarkson for many of his minutes.
From what I remember they would screen-switch Huerter on Clarkson and then he would go to work.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Interesting, Brown is really running post offense in this one when as you just saw, attacking the middle is the way to go. He attacked middle all game against the Grizz when their whole defense was situated to defend the middle. Either way, post up play is a nice thing to see regardless after kind of disappearing for a bit there.

Status
Not open for further replies.