Kings in HD on satellite!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I have a friend who owns a satellite TV store. He just got a message from DishNetwork. Comcast Sports Network is going to go HD for GAME ONLY broadcasts of the Sacramento Kings!

The new channel will be 359.

I don't have a link because this is an insider info. message from DishNetwork to all their outlets but it's for real.

:D

Ok...now HOPEFULLY DirecTV will be having this, as well...I have the HD package for my 30" and 60", and am enjoying everything in HD, but would gladly give all that up for just Kings in HD. Any word on whether Direct will have Kings in HD, as well?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Don't know about DirecTV but I just called him and it's effective immediately for DishNetwork. He said Dish is adding their HD channels as they become available while DirecTV is planning a big switchover at some point in the future.

He said it could include other programming so people who already have HD with DishNetwork should definitely check channel 359.

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
Yep. I've had DirectTV down here in Surf City since November 1998 just for the NBA package. Comcast cable does not appear to be carrying NBA down here, I think it is a Santa Cruz county issue as friends in San Jose and elsewhere have NBA on Comcast.

So just added DirectTV for NBA and their input is they have a new satellite just up this summer that will be all HD and their new HD line up is due this fall. Don't know more than that but at least its hopeful. I hope, I hope.....

Awesome. So does anyone know if the pre-season games will be shown free on dish?? Last year I remember being able to watch them on league pass for free for the first few weeks I think.

Awesome. So does anyone know if the pre-season games will be shown free on dish?? Last year I remember being able to watch them on league pass for free for the first few weeks I think.
usually if there's pre-season games on the League Pass, its free, along with the first week of the regular season, also...at least that's been the status quo for the last 10 years I've had it off and on.

Don't know about DirecTV but I just called him and it's effective immediately for DishNetwork. He said Dish is adding their HD channels as they become available while DirecTV is planning a big switchover at some point in the future.

He said it could include other programming so people who already have HD with DishNetwork should definitely check channel 359.
I have DishNetwork HD and I tried to go to that channel, but it does not exist...

usually if there's pre-season games on the League Pass, its free, along with the first week of the regular season, also...at least that's been the status quo for the last 10 years I've had it off and on.
cool thanks i'll probably take advantage of the early bird special on league pass as well. dont wanna miss any games, even if they do suck this year, i'll still watch lol.

It does exist. If you have the HD package through Dish network the channel is up and running. Although nothig is showing on it right now I am sure that is because it will only show the Kings games in HD...

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Yep. You have to be within the Sacramento Kings broadcast area. If you can watch the Kings on 409 on DishNet, you will be able to watch the 359 channel for HD, provided you subscribe to DishNet's HD programming, of course.

Ah dang. I'm in Phx so that sucks. Well, at least I have the HD package and intend on getting league pass that should be enough. I've been spoiled with hd lately so I don't really watch sd much anymore. Ah well. Thanks vf.

I have dishnetwork hd package, but for some reason when I change the channel to 359 it tells me that I need to order the channel. When I go to order the channel, it says that it is Starz...

Maybe dishnetwork has a new satellite and box that you have to purchase to get the new hd channels, but I'm not sure..oh well..

I have dishnetwork hd package, but for some reason when I change the channel to 359 it tells me that I need to order the channel. When I go to order the channel, it says that it is Starz...

Maybe dishnetwork has a new satellite and box that you have to purchase to get the new hd channels, but I'm not sure..oh well..
what HD receiver do you have?

plus do you get 409?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Here's the info from the DishNetwork site:

Welcome sports lovers. DISH Network now offers game only content from many Regional Sports Networks. Use the table below to find your games on your Regional Sports Network.
The table doesn't reformat well, so I'll just summarize:

CSN West, CSNWS, is on HD channel 359 and regular channel 409.

http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/our_products/dish_hd/programming/sports/RSNindex.shtml

Starz channels are 350 through 356, so you have a pretty bizarre question. You should probably contact DishNetwork tech support.

Ya, I don't know what's going on. I just tried to go to channel 359 again, and it states that it is a subscription channel, and that it is available for immediate upgrade. I press the button to upgrade, and it tells me that I am upgrading to Starz, even though Starz is channel 350-356.

I guess I'll just have to call Dish Network. They'll probably try and make me buy something in order to get that channel.

R

R1LOVER

Any word on Directv and the new HD channel for comcast? Are they going to offer it? I would assume so since they are adding so many HD channels this month, but it would be nice to hear for sure.