[Game] Kings @ Grizzlies, 1/29/2024, 5:00p PT/8:00p ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Win is win is not applied to this win. The ugliest win I've seen, we don't deserve it.
I think "a win is a win" is more applicable in this situation, where it was super ugly, than in any other situation out there.

I get your point, though, but I will have to respectfully disagree with you.

Because...

Whether it be pretty, and by either single digits or double digits, or whether it be ugly and by either single digits or double digits, at the end of the day...

A win is a win...:p:p:p

Just really thought how stupid it is Domas had 26 rebounds (6 offensive), and NOBODY fouled him while he was that active in the paint? Really?

I actually think there has to be some sort of book out on him from the refs. Because they just flat out do not call him fairly, with how much he gets beat up.
And at the same time he is 3rd in the league with most fouls committed and most times fouled out from the game. There is no stat but I guess he would be the first by far getting hit in the face, he could be the first player wearing a helmet or something.

Win is win is not applied to this win. The ugliest win I've seen, we don't deserve it.
I agree. I wish there was a way to give it back. In fact, it's travesty that we can't voluntarily lose this game, forfeit, after we legally won it. This is a disgrace. I will not be satisfied unless we can have more points, AND I approve of the team's performance.

Let me guess, you were picked last on the kickball team, right?

Last edited:
McGee always brings a lot of energy, which is prob something MB likes to see when other dudes look like they're sleepwalking
My theory is Mike plays Javale for 2 reasons:

1) Brown considers him one of the team leaders and believes playing time needs to be a component of that.

2) Coach believes Vale maximizes Monk’s ability with the lobs. No one else on the roster does it as well.

I still would rather have Len out there.

Last edited:
Just really thought how stupid it is Domas had 26 rebounds (6 offensive), and NOBODY fouled him while he was that active in the paint? Really?

I actually think there has to be some sort of book out on him from the refs. Because they just flat out do not call him fairly, with how much he gets beat up.
Yeah, I hear you but I honestly don't really remember a play where he clearly got fouled this game and didn't get the call.

I wish the Kings wouldn't play down to their opponents. It seems like we either keep it close or lose games where the opposing team is missing their stars. Being 1 game better than we were last year isn't all that impressive when we expected to be better this year...

oh well, take the win and move on.

I agree. I wish there was a way to give it back. In fact, it's travesty that we can't voluntarily lose this game, forfeit, after we legally won it. This is a disgrace. I will not be satisfied unless we can have more points, AND I approve of the team's performance.

Let me guess, you were picked last on the kickball team, right?
1. There should be an emoji for sarcasm.
2. Weren't you the advocate of getting rid of "right?" Right? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
There's only one team in the league that the Kings beat with their play last night and they were lucky they got to face that team. That was an extremely lucky win.

They lose by 20+ by nearly any other team with that type of production.

1. There should be an emoji for sarcasm.
2. Weren't you the advocate of getting rid or "right?" Right? :rolleyes:
1. In the absence of an emoji I have resorted to being so over the top so as to be unmistakable in sarcasm.
2. Yes, good memory. However I was referring to the annoying millennial/gen Z habit of adding "right?" onto sentences unnecessarily. Everyone knows what I'm talking about. It's horrible. Mine was a grammatically and stylistically correct usage. However, if I must forego the use of the word entirely at the end of sentences in the fight against this linguistic scourge, that is a sacrifice I will happily make.

Last edited:
I watched the game about an hour behind. I just read through this thread. Some of you all need to chill a bit. Besides the turnovers the Kings played well, they just missed open shots. That happens. They were actually playing pretty good defense all nigh too. A lot of those Memphis 3s in the 1Q were highly contested. Was it a great game? Not at all, but this wasn't the mess of a team from a couple weeks ago.

Early on in the game when monk came in his bad passing cross court and the attempt between the legs the man guarding him at our worst point in the game was inexcusable.

His play the last month makes me believe that he must either get under control of his play or move him.

Just like there are no moral victories ...

There are no moral losses.

Enjoy the W.
Exactly - if we don't get to count games like the Bucks and Suns in the win column, even though we outplayed them most of the game, we also don't have to count yesterday as a loss. Results matter, and over the course of an NBA season you are going to lose games you should've won, and win games you should've lost. You just have to hope you have at least as many (if not more) of those lucky wins than unlucky losses.

After losing the buzzer beaters to Klay and Dame, losing a 22 point lead to Phoenix, and losing at home to Charlotte, we were due for a game where we played bad and got a lucky win. By my count, the only truly lucky win of the season that we probably didn't deserve was the In season tourney game against the Warriors. Nice to get an ugly win to even things out a bit.

I don't get idiot CBS's NBA site. They are basically saying the Kings will go 17-20 the rest of the way (44 wins proj), and that we have 0.00% chance of being first place in Pacific Division, and only 59% chance of making the playoffs.

1706663164022.png

I don't get idiot CBS's NBA site. They are basically saying the Kings will go 17-20 the rest of the way (44 wins proj), and that we have 0.00% chance of being first place in Pacific Division, and only 59% chance of making the playoffs.

View attachment 12384
I’ve been dealing with a very bad headache and sinusitis for 5 long days and I’m just going to say it…that’s why they’re being called idiots sorry not sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.