Kings game on Max next week!

So weird… there was HBO and “Skinamax.” Then when it was just HBO they change their name to Max. Kind of like a Golden State Warriors guy buying the Kings and naming the Kings arena Golden One.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I always spelled it with an "e".

But yeah, dropping the HBO was a choice.
Also I think it has been rectified but when they initially moved everything to HBO Max I think they didn't port over some of Cinemax's best stuff like The Knick, which if you haven't seen it, you really should.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Hey now, this is a family board. No need to bring up trying to peek through scrambled signals.
Even though the signal was piped in from the cable box, on the old analog TVs it had to ultimately come through on an analog channel, so it had an analog bandwidth. For whatever lazy reason, the bandwidth of the scrambler was narrower than the bandwidth of the broadcast. Those old analog TVs had tunable channels to pull in the over-the-air stations, so if you detuned the input channel juuuuust riiiiight...

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
My mom lived in Campus Commons for a few years and we had their cable before getting "real" cable and going through a box.

All I will say on this matter.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
My mom lived in Campus Commons for a few years and we had their cable before getting "real" cable and going through a box.

All I will say on this matter.
My family didn't get cable until I was halfway through high school, but my biological father used to work for the cable company after he got out of the Navy, so it was during the rare summers that he could be bothered to exercise his visitation that I was first exposed to cable. I don't know nothing about the scrambled life, because my father used to jailbreak the cable connection for his own house, so they had everything.

Every. Thing.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
My family didn't get cable until I was halfway through high school, but my biological father used to work for the cable company after he got out of the Navy, so it was during the rare summers that he could be bothered to exercise his visitation that I was first exposed to cable. I don't know nothing about the scrambled life, because my father used to jailbreak the cable connection for his own house, so they had everything.

Every. Thing.
My girlfriend from 92-95 had a black box at home. Before the network, it was the one period in my life I watched every single WWF ppv when we were home. Not exactly sure how I got away with that because her stepdad was always half passed out on the lazyboy but of course it had to be the New Generation so I watched fantastic stuff like the crowning of King Mabel.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
My girlfriend from 92-95 had a black box at home. Before the network, it was the one period in my life I watched every single WWF ppv when we were home. Not exactly sure how I got away with that because her stepdad was always half passed out on the lazyboy but of course it had to be the New Generation so I watched fantastic stuff like the crowning of King Mabel.
At least you also got to see Bret put out banger after banger against nobodies.