Kings Fine @ Center

Kings Fine At Center

Nov 10 - Geoff Petrie, the Kings' president of basketball operations told the Sacramento Bee yesterday that despite the injury to Brad Miller, the team is not looking to add another center.
"There's nothing going on there," Petrie said. "We're doing OK. Shareef Abdur-Rahim is doing a good job, and there's a lot of teams playing small ball anyway. To get a guy just to have a big body wouldn't help much."

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Well Geoff has a point. After letting top quality big men get picked up by other teams in the off season, while fiddling with the Bonzi situation there really is no one out ther to be picked up. Not sure if any other team is willing to help us out by trading for one of our guys so in the end if what you are looking at is jsut a big guy to thwo out on the floor w alreay have Pot...

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I have said before and will say again -- the Kings predicament is not a coincidence. It is a choice. I've also said before that removing Adelman from the equation should make the responsibility for how things have gone a little clearer.

P.S. As an aside, this is the sort of thing that also supports my purely conjectural Jerry Reynolds as front office parrot theory. Listen to his babbling during a game sometime with a cynical ear, and I really do think that you can divine the front office's feelings on many things, just given a chuckles the happy hick filtering to soften it down.

Last edited:
You mean like spending 5 million a year for the next half decade as opposed to 3 or 4 million for 2-3 years on Francisco Elson is a choice? :D