Kings fans near and far - sign in please

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
pshn80 Already posted above that I live in SACRAMENTO in old Land Park. I'm a long block from McClatchy HS abd Taylors Market. Anyone on the board that lives nearby or shops at Taylors Market? Just curious.
I'm jealous - that puts you a short walk from Oscars and some awesome breakfast burritos.

As for me I grew up in Sacramento, went to Berkeley for school, taught high school in Stockton and now live and work in the far away land of Roseville, CA.

I'm jealous - that puts you a short walk from Oscars and some awesome breakfast burritos.

As for me I grew up in Sacramento, went to Berkeley for school, taught high school in Stockton and now live and work in the far away land of Roseville, CA.
Good to hear from you. I'm not familiar with Oscars. I'll check with my grandson who currently is a senior at McClatchy and is majoring in Mexican food. Thanks.

G

GQ_Gabriel

Born and raised in the city that will always be home to me, Sacramento. I've lived/worked in every edge and corner of the town, West Sac, South Sac, Rancho, North Highlands, Elk Grove, you name it.

Kings fan through thick and thin.

Moved to South Sac from the midwest when I was 4 and started to get into the game itself a few years later. Once the kings moved here I was hooked. Got great seats once during the Spud Webb era and he landed on our group trying to save a loose ball. Got to hear Horace Grant (then on the Magic) talk smack back to a guy sitting right in front of me. One of the best nights of my life (including a rare Kings win over the Shaq/Penny Magic team).

Fres-YES.
Lived in Sacramento from 1978-1985 - yep, I moved to Fres-YES the same year the Kings moved to Sac - 1 month before the inaugural season started. I was a devastated and bitter 13 year old. Thanks, mom and dad!
30 years later, my love affair continues.

Moved to Elk grove in November 2002, from Hayward. I've been a fan ever since, and Im now 24 years old, living in Natomas. I haven't stopped
loving this team

From Moscow, Russia.
Became a Kings fan in 2002, when my roommate in college was watching Kings-Lakers WCF. Russian TV was broadcasting the series, but he was watching it on computer in pathetic resolution (something like 320x256), so it was hard to see, who was who on the floor. :D He was a Lakers fan, so I "took" Kings. In 2003 I was watching live TV broadcast at 5AM - that Webber injury was devastating. :(

we're quite a diverse bunch. Great to see. Kings fans represent. My international peers would be able to identify with this but the support big market teams get is on another level outside of the states. That is you literally get looked up and down and shunned when you say you support a small market team. Here its the historical powerhouses and those doing well of late; thunder and heat. Not much else.

Screw em though. We're the greatest and you know what we dam well did it our way. Through the rain and the pain of nearly losing our team which i assure you is a thing for those who identify with sac the region as well as the team.

onwards and upwards

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Nobody from India? They must be really wedded to cricket. I am not saying there are no NBA fans in India or more specifically Kings fans but I wonder when the first Indian signs onto the forum. Heck, they didn't sign on when Sim was on the team. The first Indian to sign on will probably be from California. :)

Ah, perfect time for my first post in here.
My name is Alex, and as you can see, I am from Germany.

As far as I know, I must be the only Kings Fan in whole Germany. Basketball is not a big deal here, if you are interested in the NBA you usually 'root' for the Lakers, the Heat, the Cavs or the other meh teams everybody likes.

I am a Kings fan since 2005, where I was 10 years old, so basically my life as a Kings fan was pretty miserable but I do believe, that loyalty will pay off, maybe even this season. Let's see :)

I've been a everyday reader in this forum for a year or so and now I try to find the time to post something myself from time to time.

One last request: If I make a mistake in writing English, please feel free to correct me. I just want to improve.

Best wishes from Germany,
GO KINGS !!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Nobody from India? They must be really wedded to cricket. I am not saying there are no NBA fans in India or more specifically Kings fans but I wonder when the first Indian signs onto the forum. Heck, they didn't sign on when Sim was on the team. The first Indian to sign on will probably be from California. :)
We actually do have at least one member from India. They just haven't posted anything yet. :)

Sacramento County and devoted Kings fan since day one 1985. Before that in 1970s Warriors fan living in Bay Area. Before that lived in several states and abroad. Texas, Oklahoma, Arizona, Turkey, Portugal, Philippines. SAC-RA-MEN-TO Kings fan forever - for sure!

Las Vegas representing! This is my first post ever so this seems like a good place to start. I've been a fan ever since the kings-lakers playoff years. I was sick of hearing about the Lakers, and I hated Shaquille and his stand-under-the-basket-till-I-get-the-ball-then-dunk-it style of play. I saw how the Kings played and I fell in love at 12 years old. They've been my team ever since.

Hello to all from Kiev, Ukraine.
There were no NBA broadcasts in my area until 2003, so all of my basketball fan experience consisted of watching Space Jam and 6th man on VHS.
Became a Kings fan in 2004. I remember watching a home game vs Spurs, it was something like Tiny Archibald honoring day. Kings lost that game, but Bibby, Christie, Peja, Vlade (and retro uniform:)) made a great impression on me and I've been hooked ever since.
Sorry for my English.
Go Kings!

Glenn

Hall of Famer
There were no NBA broadcasts in my area until 2003, so all of my basketball fan experience consisted of watching Space Jam and 6th man on VHS.
Became a Kings fan in 2004. I remember watching a home game vs Spurs, it was something like Tiny Archibald honoring day. Kings lost that game, but Bibby, Christie, Peja, Vlade (and retro uniform:)) made a great impression on me and I've been hooked ever since.
Sorry for my English.
Go Kings!
Welcome. You may find that your English is better than some of the Californians. Don't worry about it. Just post! :)

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Sorry for my English.
Go Kings!
You're English is great. Don't worry about it. It's pretty cool having fans checking in from all over the world.

I was in Kiev a couple years ago and it's truly a beautiful city. A hidden gem if you ask me.

Born and raised in Sacramento. Been a Kings Fan since they moved to Sacramento.

Moved to So. Cal for college at UCLA. Big fan of UCLA basketball too. That is why I knew Darren Collison would be a good fit in Malone's system.

Currently residing in So.Cal in Orange County, CA.

Signing in from Dublin, Ireland (although I'm actually from the West of Ireland, just living/working in Dublin). Been a Kings fan since I discovered basketball at age 8/9, so since 1999/2000. I'll be a King 'til the die I day and I hope to make it to Sacramento for the opening of the new arena, although that may be too ambitious.

Currently waking up 2 hours before work to watch our games on League Pass the next morning.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I currently reside in Baja Mexico. Somewhere south of Ensenada. I'm originally from St. Louis and moved to Sacramento in 1965. I've been a Kings fan since they arrived in 1985. I attended many a game in the old warehouse. Before the Kings, my team of choice was the St. Louis Hawks (yes they were originally from St. Louis) and then the Warriors. I'd like to say that I'll be a Kings fan till I die, but I fear that God may be looking over my shoulder. I feel no need to tempt him. :eek:

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
I'm a bit of a California nomad. Born in the Bay Area, moved to Sacramento in 1989 (Citrus Heights/Fair Oaks) where I learned to love Kings basketball in the early 90s. Moved deep into enemy territory in 2001 at the peak of the Kings/Lakers rivalry to go to school and currently reside in Burbank. Still repping my Sacramento Kings pride down south 13 years later. So proud to be a part of this family! Kings fan for life! :D

Born, raised and live in Sydney, Australia. Been a Sacramento Kings fans since the Richmond days, and will be for eternity.

Obviously a dream of mine would be to watch a Sacramento Kings game live (let alone an NBA game) live, most preferably in the new arena. I'll definitely will look to visit Sactown, next time I visit America for holidays.

GO KINGS!