Kings Fans, Don't lose hope!

I have been a Kings fan for a lot of years; I have been through what seems like heartbreak after heartbreak with the Kings. However, in retrospect, I have also been through some of the best basketball moments I have ever seen with the Kings.

Over the past two games I have heard so much negative talk about the Kings including excuses to justify their play, whom we should get rid of, and so on. I feel that all of this talk is a way to express frustration and saddness with the two losses, but I think we are going too far. This is the World-Famous Sacramento Kings! Doesn't that excite you anymore? This is our team and should we expect them to succeed in the future, we need to support them now while the "chips are down". The team could use some confidence and support right now, not excuses or slander. After all, our jersey, the jersey of the Kings Fans is hanging from the rafters for a reason; and as much expectation we put on the team, the team puts on the fans to support them. Sure, it is hard to see them lose, but if we start bailing out on them now, why would the team want to win any of the games in this series? We talk about the team losing focus, having a lack of intensity, and not playing as a team during the game, but the fans are doing the same thing. C'mon, we are Kings fans! Let's toughen up, put on the war paint, and do what it is that makes us the greatest fans in the NBA, support the Kings! We will have the entire offseason to worry about things we cannot control like who gets traded, why the Kings won or lost, etc, but right now it is playoff time, let's get into playoff mode and get focused, intense, and show support for our team!

GO KINGS! BEAT THE SONICS!

NoBonus said:
This is our team and should we expect them to succeed in the future, we need to support them now while the "chips are down". The team could use some confidence and support right now, not excuses or slander. After all, our jersey, the jersey of the Kings Fans is hanging from the rafters for a reason; and as much expectation we put on the team, the team puts on the fans to support them. Sure, it is hard to see them lose, but if we start bailing out on them now, why would the team want to win any of the games in this series? We talk about the team losing focus, having a lack of intensity, and not playing as a team during the game, but the fans are doing the same thing.
You're absolutely right. If we are not there to back our Kings, who will they win for? Why would they want to win for fans antagonizing them. I actually made a post on another board about how sick I am of the Kings' fans. All this talk about trading players and firing coaches is ridicolous. Even if it's something we must do, nothing can be done now. We have our players, we have our coaches, WE HAVE OUR KINGS! They are not done, and they will always be contenders as I believe, as we believe. They still are and will always be Kings, but will we be the Kings' fans? We put so much pressure on these guys. Our poor guys are needing energy that's lacking, and I see no better fuel then us.

For them, for us, and for the sake of basketball. Go Kings!

Why? They seem to have given up on us. Watching them I realize they just don't want to win. It's the playoffs for goodness sakes... you don't give up NO matter how much you are down... WIN OR GO HOME. :mad:

ultraman206 said:
Why? They seem to have given up on us. Watching them I realize they just don't want to win. It's the playoffs for goodness sakes... you don't give up NO matter how much you are down... WIN OR GO HOME. :mad:
I totally understand your frustrations, but, from my point of view, I feel like confidence, focus, and intensity for the players needs to start somewhere; l feel that as the loyal fans, we can help instill that confidence, focus, and intensity through our discussions with media, attitudes and support at games, and stickers on our cars. The Kings seem like they have no desire to win, but neither do a lot of fans. Instead of focusing on match-ups and strategies to render the Sonics players useless, we are busy second-guessing the team and trying to point the blame anywhere but upon ourselves. If we do not come out supporting the Kings, we are just a bunch of Charles Barkleys and Bill Waltons doubting the ability and potential of our team. Let's save that for when the the playoffs are over, let's try to stay supportive now.

If the team starts playing to their full talent, we can come back.

If they keep giving up offensive rebounds, and missing layups, and not hustling, and letting the Sonics bench put up big numbers, then we dont stand a chance.

I put this in another post, but.....................Did anyone hear a FAT LADY SING? I have not. And until then, I am behind the Kings 100%. Do I expect them to win the Championship-Yes. DO I expect them to play their hearts out-Yes. Will I be upset if they don't win?-Of Course. But until that Big Ole Lady in Vicking Horns, is singing along to the Flight of the Vlakyrie I am not giving up hope. This is our team guys. Forget the trades, get over the injuries, and start supporting our team. We have what we have. The what ifs and if only's and why's don't matter. What matters is getting behind our team 100% no matter what. IF and I stress IF Sunday is our last chance to watch our awesome Kings do battle, then so be it. I will be sad for a moment and than I will again be hopeful for what happens in the off season and I will purchase my NBA League Pass and get ready for 05/06. GOOOOOOOOOOO KINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know that being realistic is being down on the team or anything.

So far in 6 games (4 regular season, 2 playoff) with the Sonics the Kings have gone 1 and 5.

To win the series they need to flip that to 4 and 1 in the next 5 games, and really perhaps 4 and 0 if they want to win at home.

So I don't see it as being down on the team, I see it as being a realist. It doesn't stop me from being a fan or watching the games.

Do I expect them to win the Championship - No.

Do I expect them to play their hearts out - Yes.

Just a very little simply wish, but I still don't see any of it.

N.U.F.A.N. said:
if we lose, blame ME.
I hope you are prepared for the burdon you just put upon yourself. I can be pretty mean when we lose and I tend to hit things;)

I'll never stop rooting for the kings, win or lose. Although, I don't see what all the frustration is about. Did anyone seriously think the team we have now is championship material? I guess anything can happen.

HEY WEBB HATERS WHERE ARE K-9 AND SKINNER NOW? If we had Webber these first two games would be compleltely different. You think the rest of the guys would be forcing useless shots up in a vain attempt to make 21-26 point comeback's? I don't and the reason is because we wouldnt have ever been that far down to begin with. It's pretty obvious we are missing Webber running the offense. HATE ALL YOU WANT BUT WEBB HELD IT ALL DOWN.

ghost of H.S.T said:
HEY WEBB HATERS WHERE ARE K-9 AND SKINNER NOW? If we had Webber these first two games would be compleltely different. You think the rest of the guys would be forcing useless shots up in a vain attempt to make 21-26 point comeback's? I don't and the reason is because we wouldnt have ever been that far down to begin with. It's pretty obvious we are missing Webber running the offense. HATE ALL YOU WANT BUT WEBB HELD IT ALL DOWN.
That's kind of like arguing that if we still had Vlade, Spud Webb, Reggie Theus, Jason Williams, and Jon Barry we would be winning... it's senseless. The Kings traded Webber to go with a different option, what more is there to discuss about that?

Yeah the only difference is that Webb got traded in February, a trade that pretty much flat out told the rest of the team that managment had pretty much given up on them as a playoff contender. So now there supposed to come into the playoffs and start making peoples heads roll without the man who has been the focal point of the offense for the past seven years? HMMM I would say that talking about Webber not being a King anymore and them possibly being swept by a team first round that they would have otherwise beaten or at least not been embarrased by is a pretty relevant argument. This obviously has nothing to do with "Spud Webb" give me a break...

troosvelt said:
I don't know that being realistic is being down on the team or anything.

So far in 6 games (4 regular season, 2 playoff) with the Sonics the Kings have gone 1 and 5.

To win the series they need to flip that to 4 and 1 in the next 5 games, and really perhaps 4 and 0 if they want to win at home.

So I don't see it as being down on the team, I see it as being a realist. It doesn't stop me from being a fan or watching the games.
Honestly, I am making no predictions and placing no expectations... expectations only lead to disappointment when not fulfilled. All I am saying is that we know this is a good Kings team, let's cheer them on while we can. We can disect the issues later. The only result of being overly critical and pessemistic of the Kings right now, when the Kings need our support, is creating a self-fulfilling prophecy. You say, "The Kings can't win" and if the fans all begin to adopt that attitude, it will no doubt be adopted by the players and staff at some point on some level. Then, without the needed boost from the fans and lack of confidence, they can't win. Let's say they can win and forget all of this negativity.

Yeah the only difference is that Webb got traded in February, a trade that pretty much flat out told the rest of the team that managment had pretty much given up on them as a playoff contender. So now there supposed to come into the playoffs and start making peoples heads roll without the man who has been the focal point of the offense for the past seven years? HMMM I would say that talking about Webber not being a King anymore and them possibly being swept by a team first round that they would have otherwise beaten or at least not been embarrased by is a pretty relevant argument. This obviously has nothing to do with "Spud Webb" give me a break...
Look dude, who knows what will happen if we had Webber still. We can't justify if we still had this guy and that guy and if this happen. It all went down, that's behind, game 3 is ahead. It's not the same Kings, but it doesn't mean they deserve any less support.

I never said they didnt, But what I did say is that I would wait until the playoffs to see how i felt about the trade. Now i've seen two games and decided the Skinner And Corliss are close to worthless and need to be traded to ever have any hope at a title and Brad needs to be back at 100% after the off-season. Hell we still could take this series I was just stating that we would be better off with Webber and without the new guys because they havent done anything to make the Kings a better team and its obvious...with that being said GO KINGS.

Last edited:
ghost of H.S.T said:
If your arguement is so strong, how well is Webber doing in the playoffs this year? The point is it is impossible to predict how things could turn out. Further, just because Petrie traded Webber shouldn't dash any playoff hopes we have, certainly this year will be tougher, but can you imagine what it would be like if the Kings were stuck with Webber and his contract for the next few years? He's not getting any better or healthier. How would the playoffs turn out then? Don't you agree that keeping Webber would have had a much more negative impact on playoff contention and performance over the remainder of his contract? How can you not see that?

Lastly, discussing the Webber trade at this point makes me wonder if you want the Kings to win or lose this series.

I don't know if you've watched Philly get killed their last two games but Webber played as well as anyone could have ever asked him to. The guy was throwing it down! But more importantly you can see his composure when Webb has the ball in his hands all his teammates need to do is make the right cut and he will find them, he is a truely unselfish player. Im not saying that the new guys arent but what they can't do is find the cutter or complete the pass as Webber has the best hands of any big man in the NBA. And yes you're right Webber is a major risk to have for another three years but with everything he's done for this TEAM they deserved one more go at a title AS A TEAM something they most definetly are not right now.

GOOOOOOOOOOO KINGS!!!

One more thing about Chris and then I will stand by my post above saying forget about the trade-What was our record without Chris last year? And what was it with? He is a good player and knows the game and this year we saw him a little bit healthier.
I love the guy, but come on. You CANNOT say we absolutely wouldn't be in this position if he were here. Are we psychic now?

We NEED to be fans. FANS!!!!! Thick, thin, up, down, sideways, whatever. These are OUR KINGS!!!

Not psychic just know the game of Basketball well enough to know when a team is struggling due to the abscence of a player. But I think in game one i could read Bibby's mind and he was thinking "Chris I need you? I can't hit a J, I miss the high screen and roll!"

^^^ lol, yup i think thats what he was thinking too. hes not getting the open shots like he used to becuase hes the big boy now, and he and his teammates need to set it up if they want to see the second round....

Here's a new point of view to help out. Close your eyes. Remember the years before J.Will and Webber? How the Kings were incapable of even making the playoffs, much less winning anything? Remember how were all so excited and proud of the Kings? Remember the losing streaks? Remember watching the NBA draft wondering if the new pick would finally bring us to the promised land of the playoffs? What has changed? Is the ball still orange? Is the game still basketball? Think of those early Kings teams and compare them to this team. Compare the future outlook of those teams with this team. This is a great team with a great future outlook and they will make the playoffs year after year even with horrible injuries. Let's cheer for this team the same way we cheered for all of the Kings teams, with the heart and deep passion only Kings fans know. Win or lose, these Kings are our Kings.