[Game] Kings @ Denver Nuggets, 2/28/2024, 6:00p PT/9:00p ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Domas double double streak may end. Sitting at 9 rebounds.

He’s probably due for a rest and i don’t see him getting back in the game once out.

He didn’t play very well so fitting night for it to end but 40 is a good run if Brown doesn’t leave him in for the padding

Sheesh. I guess our staff and everyone are prioritizing Fox and health for the Wolves game and beyond. I’m not mad at that! Just get this within 15 or so and make it respectable if you can.

Looks like Domas double double streak may end. Sitting at 9 rebounds.

He’s probably due for a rest and i don’t see him getting back in the game once out.

He didn’t play very well so fitting night for it to end but 40 is a good run if Brown doesn’t leave him in for the padding
Just put him in. It's 1 board. If they don't I'm gonna be annoyed

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Also playing Jamal Murray against our third string guys at this point in the game just seems like playing with fire unnecessarily. Dude's already played 30 minutes and has chronic shin issues in addition to the bevy of other health issues that have kept him out of games the last half decade.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Counterpoint: The Kings' defense, considering Brown's reputation doesn't speak well for his rotations or ability to make adjustments.
The Kings' defense is terrible, but the defense is not terrible because the coach is not a defensive coach. The defense is terrible because the players are not defensive players.

The Kings' defense is terrible, but the defense is not terrible because the coach is not a defensive coach. The defense is terrible because the players are not defensive players.
True but the Brown Dubs defense has been figured out. No doubt. You will never be elite playing off the highest percentage 3's in those corners. Once the ball gets inside or in those corners this defense is toast. Now, if Monte can get some legit size on the G/F spot it might be decent.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Well, the ones that get playing time certainly don't appear to be. I don't know how many people are going to agree that Len, Mitchell, Edwards and Ellis aren't defensive players.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
For all the Calvin Booth bluster about "Who needs Bruce Brown when Christian Braun and Peyton Watson are already better than that bum?!", neither guy has looked particularly awesome against the Kings in the four different matchups this season.

Well, the ones that get playing time certainly don't appear to be. I don't know how many people are going to agree that Len, Mitchell, Edwards and Ellis aren't defensive players.
Davion is one of the worst defensive players in the league according to the ratings. That shows you something is wrong because there is no way that's accurate, lol.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Long term defense is key, but yeah, this is a scoring team. If they don't shoot well it's over. Without Fox, it's really over.
To be honest, I don't think the Kings played that poorly on defense tonight. At a certain point, their offense was so inept that there was like a three minute stretch where every single possession was either a live ball turnover or a missed shot that allowed the Nuggets to just play pickup ball going downhill on the fastbreak. When it came to defending the Nuggets standard actions, the Kings looked pretty much like they have against them all season, that is to say very solid.

It's to help continue to fasttrack his development with the ball in his hands. These live reps could pay off down the line in his development as an on-ball option.
I don’t buy it. That’s garbage time with none of the Nuggets starters in. What would have been better is if Brown made him the central part of the offense like he was in the 1st quarter / start of 2nd. This was the best opportunity without Fox to post him up, do things he can’t do with Fox on the floor. We instead let Monk take the majority of the shots when we already know what we have with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.