[KINGS] Comments that don't warrant their own thread (Redux)

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
We know Fox is going to get his points and Domas has been pretty reliable too until the last couple games. With most of our additional scoring coming from spot up shooters though, we're in big trouble if a few of them go cold at once. Which is why we need to get the defense figured out -- to lower the floor for how much we need to score to come out ahead.
Yeah, for all the talk about all the non-Fox guys struggling on offense last night, the team still managed to drop 115 points but lost because they gave up 130 on high efficiency.

The reason not to move HB is cause he wont be usefull somewhere else :eek:
I like that part ...
The final is also strong ... Both OG and Siakam are good but on what pirce ...
Surelly not for Keagan ....

Sam and Mark talk about the Kings at the 53 minute mark. Sasha, Davion and more are discussed. Mark in particular watches a lot of Kings and is knowledgeable.

https://www.youtube.com/live/dkLmPhls5Tk?si=YXeJ8eHXu_AgmdrE
Vecenie lost me when he said

"You need HB in the playoffs defensively. I don't think teams go at him and attack him at all..."

Uhm. Yeah. He did state he's only watched them a few times this year, but HB getting attacked on defense has been one of the bigger problems the Kings have had this year.

Small excerpt from the latest Athletic piece from Slater

“No,” Domantas Sabonis said when asked whether the Kings altered statistical profile makes him feel like it’s a different team this season. “It’s pretty hard to beat the best offense in the history of the NBA two seasons in a row. We could’ve bet money after the season that this season wouldn’t be as good (offensively). We all shot the lights out. Everyone had career highs in points, field goal percentage. Teams are ready for us (now). They’re scouting us. We knew that was going to happen. Now we just have to work on our counters.”

Small excerpt from the latest Athletic piece from Slater

“No,” Domantas Sabonis said when asked whether the Kings altered statistical profile makes him feel like it’s a different team this season. “It’s pretty hard to beat the best offense in the history of the NBA two seasons in a row. We could’ve bet money after the season that this season wouldn’t be as good (offensively). We all shot the lights out. Everyone had career highs in points, field goal percentage. Teams are ready for us (now). They’re scouting us. We knew that was going to happen. Now we just have to work on our counters.”
It’s almost like Domas knows what he’s doing.

Man if this guy could be the 3-4 that we desperately need that would be great although isn't he like 6'5
I’m a little surprised Johnson hasn’t had a more successful career, he looked like a young Artest coming out of college in 2015 at about 6’7” 240 lbs, 7’ wingspan. However just read he shot a pretty decent 3 % playing for the Spurs and Sioux Falls last year, so maybe he’s saving it for the Kings

A whole week without Kings basketball! I expect that the coaching staff is through the "early season" phase of their work and will now shift gears to the "mid-season" mindset, with a shorter rotation. The direct handoff that was a staple of last season's offense has been disrupted by several teams already, so they better have some new offensive plays/strategies ready to go for both the starters and the bench.

After nineteen games, the team has a chance to rest and regroup a quarter of the way through, something that was not possible in prior seasons.

Last edited:
I’m a little surprised Johnson hasn’t had a more successful career, he looked like a young Artest coming out of college in 2015 at about 6’7” 240 lbs, 7’ wingspan. However just read he shot a pretty decent 3 % playing for the Spurs and Sioux Falls last year, so maybe he’s saving it for the Kings
I was surprised the Spurs didn't bring him back. He did some good things

Rumor has it Peja would hit 500 in a row. Thats why the airballs in the playoffs were so weird.
I've always believed that style of practice is not very effective for game play. Just standing in the same spot and shooting time after time. Much better to move around after each shot. Make each shot something different, more like you would see in game action

I've always believed that style of practice is not very effective for game play. Just standing in the same spot and shooting time after time. Much better to move around after each shot. Make each shot something different, more like you would see in game action
My HS coach did this for me one day for like 15 minutes and it was probably the best thing to get my shot down. He just told me run around and shoot, he rebounded. As I was shooting he was telling me how to correct my form.

And I feel you cant really replicate adrenaline in practice. Suddenly you're faster, stronger, quicker and it messes up your mechanics.
Interesting take. I have been reading all my life about football players who were so-so in practice, but came to life when it was showtime. Unfortunately, their coaches often could not make that distinction and only played them based on what they did in practice.

And I feel you cant really replicate adrenaline in practice. Suddenly you're faster, stronger, quicker and it messes up your mechanics.
It shouldn't affect your mechanics, but it definitely can change your touch and feel. This is why a lot of guys struggle with shooting free throws long in games. Just something you have to learn to calibrate with feel and experience

Keeping yourself under control in stressful situations is something the separates the cans from the cannots.
I have often believed what does your brain do in stressful situations. For some of us it focuses inward to the point when swimming one finals it felt like my brain just dis associated from my body. For others they become hyper aware of their surroundings and what everyone on the court or other playing field is doing. They pick up little clues which tells them what is coming.

knowing which you are can help you succeed in the sport you choose as some like golf is all about focusing in and gaining that zen state. Other sports like basketball and water polo are the opposite. Seeing the entire court and what is happening is big.

sadly it’s even more important for cops but I don’t think it’s ever used in screening.

It shouldn't affect your mechanics, but it definitely can change your touch and feel. This is why a lot of guys struggle with shooting free throws long in games. Just something you have to learn to calibrate with feel and experience
Remember when Sabonis had trouble with free throws at the beginning of last season and again this season? He shot 64.4% in November, but now his average for the last six games is 79.4%, much more acceptable. He adjusted.