[Game] Kings @ Cleveland Cavaliers, 2/5/2024, 4:00p PT, 7:00p ET

How many games will we win in our 11-game Death Stretch?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Although we've already gotten through part of our toughest stretch of the season, as noted by @Rain man in another thread our next 11 games are BRUTAL:

Wow- these next 11 games are REALLY something!

@ Cleveland (#3 in East, winners of 12 of 13)
vs. Detroit
vs. Denver (#4 in West, .5 games out of first)
@ OKC (tied for #1 in West)
@ Phoenix (#6 in West, 1 game behind us)
@ Denver (#4 in West, back to back)
vs. San Antonio
@ LAC (#3 in West)
vs. Miami (#8 in East, just beat us, back to back)
@ Denver (3 times in 11 games!)
@ Minnesota (tied for #1 in West)

So we play the top 4 teams in the West (Minnesota, OKC, Denver, and LAC) 6 times, with 5 on the road. We also play the next best team in the West (Phoenix) on the road, a top East team (Cleveland) on the road, and one of the more winnable games is against an above .500 team that just beat us on the second night of a back to back (Miami). Thank goodness for the San Antonio and Detroit games, which we will likely make way harder than necessary. Just a really brutal stretch. Anything around .500 is a big success.
So, basically, this is where the rubber hits the road. Let's see how we do, starting tonight at Cleveland. The latest word suggests that Jarrett Allen is expected to play for Cleveland; Vezenkov is still questionable with his sprained ankle for the Kings.

gunks

Hall of Famer
I'm too much of a realist* to predict anything over .500 on this stretch so I voted JINX, but all the optimists in the poll have my love and respect.

Either way, I'm excited for tonight because I wanna see Donovan Mitchell put in KeeganJail again!

*coward

Good litmus test tonight. Jarrett Allen, currently listed as questionable, has been playing very well this season.

Keegan trying to D up Spida? Sign me up

When in doubt - just BEAM!!!

The Kings offense has looked so much better lately. None of those teams are looking forward to playing the Kings either - especially with Fox and Domas out for SOME STARS Game snub revenge.

That’s the kind of stretch that even really good teams would be lucky to go 6-5 in. Then again, welcome to the new nba where basically all teams are dangerous each night. With longevity, advanced analytics and a surplus of talent we are heading towards a league that has only a handful of bad teams each year. Nuts

That’s the kind of stretch that even really good teams would be lucky to go 6-5 in. Then again, welcome to the new nba where basically all teams are dangerous each night. With longevity, advanced analytics and a surplus of talent we are heading towards a league that has only a handful of bad teams each year. Nuts
It seems every team these days is loaded with great shooters. Like every single team.

Dag. That's rough. Better beat Detroit and San Antone, tell you wut.

Let's assume two wins there and 2 losses on the 2nd night of B2Bs against Denver and Miami. 2-2.

That leaves:

@ Cleveland (#3 in East, winners of 12 of 13)
vs. Denver (#4 in West, .5 games out of first)
@ OKC (tied for #1 in West)
@ Phoenix (#6 in West, 1 game behind us)
@ LAC (#3 in West)
@ Denver (3 times in 11 games!)
@ Minnesota (tied for #1 in West)

They'll have done very well if they emerge from that 11-game gauntlet w/5 wins. Course, assumes no big trades or injuries all around.

Win tonight.

Particularly against us :-(
Exactly. Even the teams that are "not particularly good" three point shooting teams seem to go off on us.

At the risk of inciting the hordes - I suggest that our two biggest weaknesses as a team are three point shooting defense and ability to consistently execute our offense.

Shall I provide the rope or did y'all come prepared?

And even the worst teams in the NBA

Spurs: Wemby
Blazers: Grant/Simons
Pistons: Cade
Hornets: Ball

all can just go off for a 30+ game pretty much any night.

Reality is there just isn't an easy game anymore. Our Grizz match-up where they had 11 dudes hurt is probably as close as it'll ever get to a "Free win"

gunks

Hall of Famer
We're playing pretty tough so far. Loving that we're driving inside despite all the giants the Cavs have out there.

Hopefully Fox is ok after taking that hit (which somehow the refs, in their infallible wisdom, failed to call)

Status
Not open for further replies.