[Game] Kings @ Cavaliers - Wednesday, 12/6 - 4 PT

Discussion in 'Kings Rap' started by VF21, Dec 3, 2017.

1. VF21

VF21 #KingsFansForever Staff Member Contributor

I know it's a bit early, but just in case...

The Cavs are on a tear. I would love to see the Kings at least give them a run for their money. LBJ was ejected from a game the other night - for the first time in his career? Not sure of the details but that would make things interesting.

Cleveland will, according to the current injury reports, be without Shumpert, IT and Derrick Rose - and possibly Tristan Thompson (the dreaded Kardashian curse?). We, on the other hand, should be at full strength, baring any lingering effects to WCS from his back tweak. He's listed on the injury report as a game-time decision and since this is only Sunday, he does have a few more days to rest. And he's at home which makes it easier.

The starting lineup for the Kings for this matchup could be very interesting. Will Fox start at the 1? Will Hill? Will Mason?

I hope Jack Cooley is still with the team when they head back out on the road. I love his energy on the bench even when he doesn't step foot on the court.

It's a good time to be a Kings fan!

GO KINGS!!
    eMBarkat10n and King Baller like this.
  2. Kingster

Kingster Well-Known Member

They have to stop this trend of starting the game like passive wimps, and then waiting to get embarrassed before turning on the gas. They seem to have this attitude that they will wait and see if the other team is going to play hard before they decide to play hard or not. Unfortunately, by that time it's too late. I find the whole thing very odd, given the vets on this team. Hill, who registered his unhappiness after the Bucks game, should take a look in the mirror. He obviously was not ready to play at the beginning of the Buck's game, and he's supposed to be the one to set the example. And Hill, unlike Carter and even Zach, has no excuse because of his age. I find the whole thing mystifying. Hill should be the guy picking up the defense at half court. He should be the one playing very physical with the opponent and getting his team mates fired up. Instead, he just seems to be going through the motions most of the time, with rare episodes of playing like he really cares to save some face.
  3. kingsboi

kingsboi Well-Known Member

expect another slow start before the bench has to come in and pick up the slack. could be a demolition game.
  4. jcwkings

jcwkings Well-Known Member

I think I have a hunch of why the starters always start bad and the bench is better. This roster is deep, but with just solid players(as of now). Thus whoever starts is gonna be considerably worse than most starting lineups but our bench units will be better than most bench units.
  5. gunks

gunks Well-Known Member

Bron gonna deliver this Lin.

This is another one of those teams though, where if we do beat them, against all odds, I wouldn't be upset.

And I'm actually going to get to watch this game!

So go Kings!
    King Baller and Suicide King like this.
  6. eMBarkat10n

eMBarkat10n Active Member

It's ALWAYS a good time to be a Kings fan! ALWAYS.
    King Baller likes this.
  7. jcassio

jcassio Well-Known Member

Bring on King James! We've got lots of problems, er, kinks, to work out, including our addiction to slow starts. We lack a franchise player. But we've got some good talent on this team, and we have 7-8 guys who could be part of a playoff Kings team in 2-3 years. That's a lot to work with. Overall, the talent is pretty decent. At this point, I think we're doing better than many of us expected. And as bad as we are, I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't come on strong at the end of the year when others are tanking and we're relectant to put players on the floor who aren't going to fight to win. For obvious reasons, we really need a strong draft pick next year that has a chance of becoming our franchise player.
    origkds, VF21, eMBarkat10n and 2 others like this.
  8. ESP47

ESP47 Well-Known Member

Lebron James vs. Jakarr Sampson.

The unstoppable force meets the immovable object.
    VF21, gunks, King Baller and 2 others like this.
  9. Kingster

I could buy that except for the fact that it is totally obvious by the contrast in play with the same players that the effort just isn't there at the beginning of the game versus when they are yelled at or embarrassed. This team isn't exactly subtle in whether they play hard or not.
  10. parker

parker Well-Known Member

Haven't slow starts been a problem with the king for at least a couple of years? Not positive about two years ago, but definitely a point of concern last year.
  11. Kingster

Last year is mostly a blur to me. All I can remember is this year.:)
    Suicide King and parker like this.
  12. VF21

13. VF21

Suicide King likes this.
  14. jcassio

jcassio Well-Known Member

15. Larry89

Larry89 Disgruntled Kings Fan

Oh boy, we're gonna miss WCS, he has been getting a bit better at being consistent the past 8 games..
  16. SacTownKid

SacTownKid Well-Known Member

He will find minutes and shots. His mojo is stuck behind those two things this year.
  17. SLAB

SLAB Well-Known Member

It's PapaG's time to shine!

.... especially because we'll very possibly be down 40 halfway through the second quarter.
  18. King Baller

King Baller Well-Known Member

We are going to see Big Papa and maybe even some Jack Cooley!
  19. biltalent

biltalent Well-Known Member

I am really disappointed that Skal is down in Reno now. With Willie out this was his chance to maybe get some backup center minutes and finally play freely. Get his confidence up. Its clearly his best position, especially when the offense is 4-out and features a lot of pick and roll with him as the roll or pop man.
    Just watch here against NY. In the first half of the video he plays the 4, but the pick and roll is his bread and butter.

I hope he can gain some confidence in reno as well.
  20. SacTownKid

SacTownKid Well-Known Member

Looking at the starting lineup all I can think of is how everything Grizz fans warned us about is coming to fruition in the most unbelievable way possible. I expect a huge game from Zbo and whoever he's guarding.
    fansinceday1 and SLAB like this.
  21. Dear Lebron.

Take on us easy, please.

-Me.
  22. Nooo I will have to turn on mute the stream, because I have Cavs announcers, can't wait when someone will hit from Cavs a deep three and Mister Carr is gonna yell in his microphone, DEEEEP FROM THE Q.

So annoying sometimes.

P.S. They are starting Calderon at 1...
  23. Will Sampson be the new Lebron stopper? :eek:
  24. Kingsfan23

Kingsfan23 Well-Known Member

Quite an immediate promotion for Sampson.. I wish he was younger than 24..
  25. fansinceday1

fansinceday1 Well-Known Member

As someone who went over to the grizz forums the day we signed joeger I can say you are 100% correct.
  26. fansinceday1

fansinceday1 Well-Known Member

What the hell is sampson doing starting.
    King Baller likes this.
  27. dude12

dude12 Well-Known Member

Love the Sampson start to guard Lebron
  28. dude12

dude12 Well-Known Member

Fox gets no love from the refs whatsoever
  29. Tetsujin

Tetsujin The Game Thread Dude

It's almost time for Grant to mention how Lebron made his NBA debut against the Kings.
    dude12 likes this.
  30. dude12

dude12 Well-Known Member

Brick after brick