[Game] Kings @ Bucks - 11/25/15 - 5 pm PST, 8 pm EST

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I tried to find updated information on DMC, but the injury report hasn't changed:

11/23/15 DeMarcus Cousins PF Back Questionable for Nov. 25 at Milwaukee

Our ability to win tomorrow against Milwaukee is, I'm afraid, directly tied to the availability of DeMarcus Cousins. ...sigh...

We need WCS to get more time. We need George Karl to have the small ball as a priority concept scrubbed from his brain. We need to let Rajon Rondo call more plays. Our 5-star floor general seems to have a much better grasp of what his teammates are capable of than is his head coach.

WE NEED TO WIN.

GO KINGS!

K

KingMilz

There is literally no way we can play small ball against the Bucks they got Greek Freek (6'11), Middleton (6'8), Parker (6''9) and MCW (6'5) and Monroe at 6'10 and for the most part all of them are athletic.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
There is literally no way we can play small ball against the Bucks they got Greek Freek (6'11), Middleton (6'8), Parker (6''9) and MCW (6'5) and Monroe at 6'10 and for the most part all of them are athletic.
Much like challenging worse, I would think any Kings fan would know better than to challenge "there's literally no way we can play small ball..." Never underestimate the determination of a HOF head coach.

(And yes, that is at least partially sarcastic.)

Last edited:
Much like challenging worse, I would think any Kings would know better than to challenge "there's literally no way we can play small ball..." Never underestimate the determination of a HOF head coach.

(And yes, that is at least partially sarcastic.)
OK, how about "play good small ball", they are going to do it anyway so why not wish they play it good enough to win. One factor that leads to small ball late in games is that Cuz is pooped and needs a rest. It's had to win the war when your aircraft carrier is powered by oars.

I

Im Still Ballin

Milwaukee is an extremely inside team so I hope Karl take the initiative and plays WCS

They have a ridiculous height starting lineup but we have also have a ridiculous wingspan starting lineup

If we get our defense right this type of game should be a 15-20 point blowout for an offense of our capability... As last game was supposed to be until we collapsed

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Milwaukee has been so up and down you don't know what team will show up. No Boogie no win...simple as that really. If Boogie isn't playing....maybe Karl will decide to play Trill more, but that's probably wishful thinking on my part.

This will be a loss. After the loss, I shall be looking forward to the "George Karl Fired" thread and the "Thibs Hired As New Coach" thread, which will be a blessing.

... one can dream.

On a serious note, I think this is like the Toronto game, absolutely must win at any cost, otherwise things will turn ugly. However, I have little hope that we will win. Last game, Rondo broke the Sacramento King's record for assists, Cousins had a 30-11 game, and Rudy dropped 27 points (I think) and we STILL lost. What more do our three stars have to do to win? Any other franchise has their three stars do that, and it's a blowout. Not us.

As several people have mentioned already, the Bucks aren't a small team. They have serious height and length, which I am sure our coach will counter with smallball, just because.

Entity

Hall of Famer
It doesn't matter? We got best talent we have had in 10+ years and the bulk of it will be pissed away this season because we have a coach that is clueless in how to utilize what he has. He saw golden state win a championship and all of a sudden we have to just hoist threes everywhere and run fast. He is foolish old ****

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
This will be a loss. After the loss, I shall be looking forward to the "George Karl Fired" thread and the "Thibs Hired As New Coach" thread, which will be a blessing.

... one can dream.

On a serious note, I think this is like the Toronto game, absolutely must win at any cost, otherwise things will turn ugly. However, I have little hope that we will win. Last game, Rondo broke the Sacramento King's record for assists, Cousins had a 30-11 game, and Rudy dropped 27 points (I think) and we STILL lost. What more do our three stars have to do to win? Any other franchise has their three stars do that, and it's a blowout. Not us.

As several people have mentioned already, the Bucks aren't a small team. They have serious height and length, which I am sure our coach will counter with smallball, just because.
I said this same exact thing to myself today...only this team can find a way to lose with performances like that. Only this team, no other single team in the league can even do this if they tried. That feeling where you are so numb to stats and just want to win...that's where I'm at. Sacrifice shots and numbers, get wins instead.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
It doesn't matter? We got best talent we have had in 10+ years and the bulk of it will be pissed away this season because we have a coach that is clueless in how to utilize what he has. He saw golden state win a championship and all of a sudden we have to just hoist threes everywhere and run fast. He is foolish old ****
He had no business coming back and coaching. He wanted that last big pay day and he can thank Vivek for that.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
OK, how about "play good small ball", they are going to do it anyway so why not wish they play it good enough to win. One factor that leads to small ball late in games is that Cuz is pooped and needs a rest. It's had to win the war when your aircraft carrier is powered by oars.
It's even harder when you have a battleship that could help out, but it's left in drydock... :p

Okay, I'll stop now.

At this point, I am blaming the ARCO grounds and all of it's voodoo magic.... gotta be a curse. No other explanation. One superstar, two stars, a great bench, a HOF coach, a seemingly good GM thus far, and yet here we are at 5-10.

You literally can't make this kind of stuff up.

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
Maybe there needs to be another players/coach/Vlade meeting. As much as I would love Thibs, though, I don't think he's the right fit for this squad, either. Karl needs to find Seattle Karl again, and quickly, because a quick change would have to happen to save this season franchise. Hopefully tomorrow brings some promise.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
At this point, I am blaming the ARCO grounds and all of it's voodoo magic.... gotta be a curse. No other explanation. One superstar, two stars, a great bench, a HOF coach, a seemingly good GM thus far, and yet here we are at 5-10.

You literally can't make this kind of stuff up.
No other explanation?

A team that has only played a handful of games together.
A coach that is still trying to find a "system" that works.
A SG that, for all his potential, is about as predictable as storms on Mars.
A lack of focus on defense that is laughable.
A team that is so dependent on their superstar that when he leaves the court they seem like little lost sheep.
A opening schedule that was brutal to say the least.

Sorry, but the Indian burial ground curse excuse got old a long time ago. The only ghost I'm worried about is Don Nelson's.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Doubtful doesn't mean entirely ruled out. There is some hope
Doubtful = 25%
Questionable = 50%
Probable = 75%

But in practical terms you can probably bounce each of those terms down to the one below it.

We need this game in the worst way. But in practical terms there is going to be a strong incentive to have Boogie miss it, sit out until after Thanksgiving. If the back is still bothering him, to hope to squeeze out a victory vs. Minny without him, then concede Golden State, and not have Boogie come back until the following week. Which would be half the season without him already, and just destroying hope. Be at 5-13, maybe 6-12, all margin for error gone. Any further injury to Boogie just about finishing us, as it always has. And having to now begin to consider the possibility we have another fragile star, but this one without a team behind him that can carry on on its own.

We've really gotten to a nasty point where every little one of these games and moments matters in a huge way.

Ideal line up
Rondo
Ben
Rudy
acy/Casspi
WCS
Bench
DC
Marco
Butler
Casspi/acy/Moreland
koufos

And that's how the positions should stay period no small ball crap

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
We need this game in the worst way. But in practical terms there is going to be a strong incentive to have Boogie miss it, sit out until after Thanksgiving. If the back is still bothering him, to hope to squeeze out a victory vs. Minny without him, then concede Golden State, and not have Boogie come back until the following week. Which would be half the season without him already, and just destroying hope. Be at 5-13, maybe 6-12, all margin for error gone. Any further injury to Boogie just about finishing us, as it always has. And having to now begin to consider the possibility we have another fragile star, but this one without a team behind him that can carry on on its own.

We've really gotten to a nasty point where every little one of these games and moments matters in a huge way.
Don't we still play 82 games? ;)

I legit dont even wanna watch this game because im still disappointed over the last game and all this no defense crap. Is it even worth it? Someone convince me. And I usually never miss games, especially on purpose