Kings/Boston

Boston is going to be desperate and i think this is how we finally get rid of kenny.

Mike Bibby, Kenny thomas, Vitaly Potapenko

for

Delonte West, Al Jefferson

I really could see this happen. 18 game losing streak....and we think our team is hurting. if this doesn't get done it will with another team. boston will make trades in the next 10 days.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Boston is going to be desperate and i think this is how we finally get rid of kenny.

Mike Bibby, Kenny thomas, Vitaly Potapenko

for

Delonte West, Al Jefferson

I really could see this happen. 18 game losing streak....and we think our team is hurting. if this doesn't get done it will with another team. boston will make trades in the next 10 days.
You really need to make an appointment to have your eyes checked.

Id love to see us trade Bibby to boston. The only trade I can see that would make sense and give us what we want (their 1st rounder) is bibby for ratliff.

But I just don't think Boston is going to trade their 1st rounder...

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
If we wanted to trade Bibby to Boston for Jeff and West (which is a trade I like as a fan of both teams, with the caveat that Boston still needs to tank this season) we would still need to take back salary from them. Most likely this would be Ratliff who only has a year and a half on his contract and makes the numbers match. There is no way to dump Kenny on them in any kind of deal like this.

Now if we really wanted to dump Kenny on them they'd be happy to send us Szczerbiak in which case we'd all be begging for Kenny back.

Boston's first rounder is untouchable.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
But I just don't think Boston is going to trade their 1st rounder...
In fact I'd say there is absolutely no way in hell they trade thier first rounder. They are in HARDCORE tank mode, and making an almost inspiring drive for Oden/Durant. They have done everything but actually throw games in this nearly 20 game losing streak. Damndest thing I've seen in a long time in the NBA. Thought some of Doc's late substitutions in that game against us were a bit odd. But some of the stuff in recent weeks has been downright embarrasing. Not for all the tea in China would they trade a pick they worked so hard for. Not for Mike, or Ron, or even Kevin. Ainge is bound and determined to get that superstar and little things like wins, losses, integrity, whatever, aren't going to get into his way. Might be the right approach for them too. In this draft, being the worst team in the league nets you about a 50% chance of drafting the franchise for the next 15 years. A mere mortal like Mike just cannot compare to that potential.

This is funny, on NBA2k7 i traded Bibby and Pot for West, has worked out good for me so far, but its just a video game.

I also traded Reef for Wilcox, and some other small trades and free agent pickups.

Im ownin the season right now, if the Kings cant produce, i will, gotta love video games.

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
What a Har Har Har this one is. The Kings trade $22.8 MILLION for $2.7 Mil ??? I think not. Plus both teams are over salary cap anyway.

This is funny, on NBA2k7 i traded Bibby and Pot for West, has worked out good for me so far, but its just a video game.

I also traded Reef for Wilcox, and some other small trades and free agent pickups.

Im ownin the season right now, if the Kings cant produce, i will, gotta love video games.

You on Live???

If so, Merdiesel is my Gamertag. I will destroy anyone in that game.:D

didn't the 6ers wanted al jefferson when they were in talks for AI? but said no because the boston didn't want to let jefferson go?
if they wouldnt trade him for AI, no reason why they would trade him for bibby.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
didn't the 6ers wanted al jefferson when they were in talks for AI? but said no because the boston didn't want to let jefferson go?
if they wouldnt trade him for AI, no reason why they would trade him for bibby.
That is one version of the story, the other was that the Sixers wanted West, Jeff, Green and the Celts #1. If the Celts do get Oden or Durant a deal for Jefferson or Perkins for someone that could run the point next season would make a lot of sense for them as they are basically all kids and Paul Pierce right now.

the only guys I could see us maybe getting from Boston are perkins and Rondo. Would these guys be worth it for Bibby and some other guy we''d end up taking for him so that the contracts work? I love Perkins upside, and would love to get west instead of Rondo although Rondo has played decently during the losing streak. I don't think rondo is any better than Price though.