[Game] Kings @ Atlanta, 1/17/11, 1 p.m. pacific

Atlanta is that team in the East that the casual NBA fan (well, at least the ones that I get to talk to) forgets is really, really good. I was just thinking: Well, maybe we'll get an elusive win, it's just Atlan... ta. Oh yeah.

[Bill Walton Voice]
Joe Johnson and Jamal Crawford wait on the other end of the floor, perched like their team's namesake, primed for the absolute annihilation of any team that is woefully unprepared for their size, strength, and efficiency.
[/Bill Walton Voice]

The Hawks had their 11 game home (and five game overall) winning streak stopped by the Rockets Saturday, so they should be in a very generous mood. I can only hope that the insertion of Donte Greene into today's starting lineup will help to stop at least one of the heads of Demarcus' self proclaimed "two headed monster." But it won't stop the interior beating we will suffer at the hands of Al Horford and Josh Smith, should we decide that defense is not a priority. About the only position that I can think of at which we have the advantage is PG. We'll need a monster of a game from Tyreke and Beno - really, a damn near perfect game from everybody (or a bad one by the Hawks) to pull off a victory on their floor. Can it be done? Of course it can! I'm a Kings fan, stop asking me silly questions.

As I am pressed for time, I'd like to make the following sweeping generalized predictions and allow for you all to ponder the myriad possible game outcomes:

(predicted King's starting lineup)
Udrih: Is gonna have a green light all night. I hope he scores 30, because this is the position of greatest potential tonight.
Evans: Will be the focus of the Hawk's defense and will force a packing of the lane, making it hard for Cousins to operate inside as well, because the Hawks can afford to sluff off of our SF's seeing as how they're not very consistent threats.
Greene: Has probably been inserted primarily due to his size and defensive ability. The Hawks are big and score like machines.
Thompson: Will play frustrated and pick up 3 early fouls while trying to carry too heavy of a load. Landry should see some major time tonight.
Cousins: Some interior fire and / or a little bit of midrange creativity from Cousins would go a long way towards keeping us in this one all the way.

Final outcome: Atlanta 110 - Kings 95

The Hawks are a bad matchup for many teams, and have had enough stability and experience to develop a great team concept and chemistry. This is not a team that should bring us shame if the Kings lose to them, what will bring us shame is the Kings bringing anything less than the best onto their court.

Last edited:
Yep, Greene is starting. Digging up info on Garcia right now.

Not sure what happened to Garcia, as I no longer have a twitter account, and my google-fu is not up to snuff.

Last edited:
Who can possibly complain about PW rotations so far? Cousins playing well, but gets in a bit of foul trouble but Daly produces. Landry does his thing off the bench for Donte who also starts well. Taylor gets some blow with Garcia out and so on.

When Coachie said DMC was best, most skilled big man he's ever seen at his age - some wondered. Few are really wondering now. Now becoming more patient and toneing down the emotions. Way to go Boogie!