Kings 2016-2017 Schedule Released

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
http://www.nba.com/kings/schedule

As of now, this is titled the "2015-2016 Schedule" but it is in fact 2016-2017. (Edit: They have now fixed this)

Kings open on the road in Phoenix on October 26th and then head home to host the Spurs on Oct. 27th at our NEW HOME - the Golden 1 Center!

Note that our home night games will in fact be at 7:30, not 7:00 - even on the weekends (if it is a night game).

Check out the sked!

Edit: Here is the Kings press release, with some of the numbers crunched for you:
http://www.nba.com/kings/news/press-release-081116

Last edited:

Capt. Factorial

Staff member
We're opening a brand new, state-of-the-art arena and what do the NBA scheduling gods have in store for us?

6 of the first 8 on the ROAD. And the SPURS as the home opener.

Good. Great. Wonderful. Grand.
I'm not sure we didn't ask for this. New arena, give us two games to figure out what the kinks are, and then about ten days to work those kinks out before the team comes back. Shoot, it actually makes sense.

I'm not sure we didn't ask for this. New arena, give us two games to figure out what the kinks are, and then about ten days to work those kinks out before the team comes back. Shoot, it actually makes sense.
Great point, but -- to King Baller's point -- our very first home game is on a back-to-back coming from PHX. Not too cool. But aside from that, what you say makes some sense. I wonder if our FO was actually smart enough to think of it.

Well this could be the year father time comes for the spurs. Timmy's done and Manu and T. Parker are no spring chickens. All they got now is L. Aldridge and K. Leonard. Oh my.

TBH, I'm getting sick of the Kings getting screwed with the opening schedule.
This is going on a decade now of garbage dates to start out with.
It's contributed to them being in a hole from the very beginning of the year - every year except 2 years ago, when they battled through it (then promptly canned their coach and sent the franchise into a tailspin that will probably go down in history as one of the dumbest moves in modern sports).

does anybody know where I can get the home schedule in an excel format? I like to score/grade the games in preparation for dividing up tickets with my partners, and an excel version comes in really handy.

Well this could be the year father time comes for the spurs. Timmy's done and Manu and T. Parker are no spring chickens. All they got now is L. Aldridge and K. Leonard. Oh my.
Well they also got Pau Gasol, Patty Mills, David Lee, Kevin Martin, Danny Green and Kyle Anderson. But yeah, Timmy is gone.

Capt. Factorial

Staff member
The first 10 games will be very important. Just judging by talent we can beat everyone except for the spurs and the raptors and those are back to backs anyway. The Heat game is a back to back as well so I count that as a loss. But the other games are all winnable. A 6-4 or 7-3 start would be amazing

Suns - W
Spurs (Home, b2b) - L
Tvolwes - W
Hawks - W/L
Heat (b2b) - L
Magic - W
Bucks - W
Raptors (b2b) - L
Pellicans (Home) - W
Lakers (Home) - W

A good start will be important because after that we will play the Blazers, Spurs, Clippers, Raptors, Thunder, Rockets but all at home. If we can squeeze two wins out of that part, f.e against the Clippers/Rockets, we would be right around .500

So it sounds like we need to try to float around .450 or .500 until the 2nd half of the schedule and then hope to make a run on the softer part of the schedule into the playoffs. Is that too much to hope for?

bkref.com has several export functions. They haven't set the new schedule yet
http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/SAC/2016_games.html
I've made one - if anybody wants it just pm me your email address.

It just has a row for each game - columns are game #, day of week, date, opponent, start time. Then I will build out columns later to add point values for my favorite opps, for Friday & Saturday games, and any special events and dates I CAN'T go.

That way when I got to the draft with my STH partners I don't have to hem and haw whenever it is my turn, and being well prepared has served me really well in past years. Last year I was at virtually every flashback Friday game which I liked a lot.

Anyway if anyone wants the sheet of just the HOME games, PM and and I'll share it (just the list of games - not my scores).