KING IN ARABIC

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
So, my first thought when looking at that picture was, "Is Ranadivé the only one who doesn't carry his own golf balls?" But then I thought, "Why would a billionaire carry his own golf balls?"

... But then I thought, "... What if those aren't golf balls? :eek:"

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
So, my first thought when looking at that picture was, "Is Ranadivé the only one who doesn't carry his own golf balls?" But then I thought, "Why would a billionaire carry his own golf balls?"

... But then I thought, "... What if those aren't golf balls? :eek:"

Old (and mildly inappropriate) story. Apparently Leslie Nielsen once went golfing with Bill Clinton during his presidency. On one of the holes Nielsen asked, "what's in your pocket?"

Clinton replied, "Golf balls"

To which Nielsen asked, "Is that anything like Tennis Elbow?"

The more I think of it, I think Monk may not demand a starting spot to re-sign with the Kings. But, I think he would need assurances that there would be an open competition and the opportunity to start, if it's best for the team. I'm hoping his loyalty to Fox and to what the Kings did for his career helps sway him to re-sign. I can't see a scenario where the Kings are better off if Monk leaves in FA.

After all, I'm sure he realizes by now that even a FA pitch from another team to a "starting spot" is not a guarantee once the actual games start and the coach need to make adjustments to the lineup.

The more I think of it, I think Monk may not demand a starting spot to re-sign with the Kings. But, I think he would need assurances that there would be an open competition and the opportunity to start, if it's best for the team. I'm hoping his loyalty to Fox and to what the Kings did for his career helps sway him to re-sign. I can't see a scenario where the Kings are better off if Monk leaves in FA.

After all, I'm sure he realizes by now that even a FA pitch from another team to a "starting spot" is not a guarantee once the actual games start and the coach need to make adjustments to the lineup.
Initially not, the question should be asked though, how good are they with him and is it worth potentially hampering flexibility moving forward? We've been hearing about a 1 + 1 type of deal and I think that would be best because if Monte can't improve this team with some combo of Huerter/Barnes/picks going out then the safest thing is to draft BPA at 13 and keep the cap fluid. At the very least try and shave off that 2025-2026 salary on the Huerter/Barnes deals. No Malik, no Huerter, no Barnes in 2025 means major potential to bring in a 3rd star to put around Fox and Domas while still having Murray on his rookie deal. If Monte can unload some money and take a step sideways next season he could have mucho space in 2025 which is realistically Monte's last chance to do so since Fox and Murray will have major contract upgrades the next season. As of now you might be able to bid for guys like Donovan Mitchell, Julius Randle, Aaron Gordon, Jamal Murray, or Jimmy Butler and still add a Naz Reid level talent on top of it. It's a gamble but Monte is running out of trade options now and having belief in his current set up is fine, but he's got to be realistic about what the results have told him so far.