Kind of Funny

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that the Kings are trying to get tough, but to call JT and Donte tough is laughable. They complain the most about fouls on the team than anyone. I like Brockness, but Blair would of been better IMHO. The Kings will be a better defensive team with time, but they still allow way too many points a game to be considered tough just yet. Give it time.....and I will.
Complainers doesn't make you not tough. They are physically tough, and they can bang. Your assertion is ridiculous here. One has nothing to do with the other.

Hrm. Let's see...

1. Trolls delight in pretending to be fans while extolling the virtues of themselves as true fans living in reality and not bogged down by "fanboy" logic.

2. Trolls start threads to argue points of previous threads.

3. Trolls loudly proclaim that they have a knowledge that is somehow clearer than those of others who do not agree with them.

4. Trolls must have the last word, regardless of what might have already been said.

5. Trolls generally point to how they are universally misunderstood, often citing other instances on other message boards.

If it looks like a troll, acts like a troll, posts like a troll ...

You're certainly entitled to your opinion, as misguided as it may be, but you're not entitled to the smug superiority with which you post. That's reserved for those of us with more than 10,000 posts thank you very much.

Hey now, I may not haev 10,000 posts (mainly, because I don't have the time) I can still post with smug superiority so :p

Hrm. Let's see...

1. Wives delight in pretending to be supportive while extolling the virtues of themselves as true spouses living in reality and not bogged down by "macho" logic.

2. Wives start discussions to argue points of previous discussions.

3. Husbands loudly proclaim that they have a knowledge that is somehow clearer than those of others who do not agree with them.

4. Teenagers must have the last word, regardless of what might have already been said.

5. Husbands generally point to how they are universally misunderstood, often citing other instances from other discussions.
FIXED.
See, we're just like a bid ol- dysfunctional family. :D

Last edited:
That last post was funny......but just because you guys post all the time while games are going on and all summer about the coming season doesn't make all your opinions correct. Mine are not correct either......just my personal views. I don't take it personally about what you think about my views, but I find it entertaining. We all have different views on how the Kings should improve & that is all. If it makes you feel any better, I will submit to how you guys feel......just kidding. Since I don't need or want the last word....fire away fellas. Goodnight Now!:D

That last post was funny......but just because you guys post all the time while games are going on and all summer about the coming season doesn't make all your opinions correct. Mine are not correct either......just my personal views. I don't take it personally about what you think about my views, but I find it entertaining. We all have different views on how the Kings should improve & that is all. If it makes you feel any better, I will submit to how you guys feel......just kidding. Since I don't need or want the last word....fire away fellas. Goodnight Now!:D
You know you're not going to convince anyone of anything here right? I mean I applaud your efforts but you won't be successful. IMO you're doing fine. I don't see things the same as the rest of the forum either. This is not the most relaxed bunch- I mean look how many pages were written in response to Brandon Jennings' "cow" tweet. There are good people here though.

I can't change this forum, so I try to do what I can to fit in because I share love for the Kings.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Fair enough. Just one more thing however? Not all of us are fellas.

:)

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I agree that JT showed toughness for getting tossed to the ground, but he should be the one doing that to other players....not being done to him. Watch some old Pistons tapes......nothing wrong with getting the dirty player label if teams think twice before entering the lane
If he did, then you would be criticizing him for getting too many fouls. You don't have logic behind your posts. All you do is say things that you know will get a rise out of people. That my friend, scratch that, your not my friend. That is the definition of a Troll. So it comes down to one of three things. Either your 12 years old and just having a good time throwing out barbs to get people to respond, or your just plain stupid, or, your a troll.

None of your posts are intelligent or well thought out. Just making blanket statements about this or that is meaningless dribble. Saying that the Warriors are superior to the Kings. Their record stinks, but thats not important to you. No, they beat the Kings twice. But the times the Kings beat the Warriors, well that doesn't count. Great logic. Lets see, we beat Utah, so we must be better than them. Right? Greene and Thompson aren't tough because they argue too much with the officials. So I guess Duncan isn't tough either. Or Kobe. Or Garnett. I seem to have seen them arguing with officials.

I realize that I'm wasting my breath here, so I'll just consider it a typing exercise. Because I know you could give a tinkers damm what I have to say. Which is too bad. There are some very knowledgable posters on this fourm. We don't always agree with one another, but thats what makes it interesting. But we have discussions. We use facts to make points. And sometimes that takes time and research and a lot of thought. And when someone like you comes on this fourm, making the statements you make. Then you do a disservice to all the posters that actually take the time to make intelligent posts.

And by the way, Thompson didn't show toughness by getting tossed to the ground. He showed toughness by getting up and playing the rest of the game with three cracks in his back. He showed toughness by coming back a week ahead of schedule. And toughness isn't playing dirty. But it is, not backing down. It is, not getting pushed around in the post. It is, grabbing tough rebounds.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Hrm. Let's see...

1. Trolls delight in pretending to be fans while extolling the virtues of themselves as true fans living in reality and not bogged down by "fanboy" logic.

2. Trolls start threads to argue points of previous threads.

3. Trolls loudly proclaim that they have a knowledge that is somehow clearer than those of others who do not agree with them.

4. Trolls must have the last word, regardless of what might have already been said.

5. Trolls generally point to how they are universally misunderstood, often citing other instances on other message boards.

If it looks like a troll, acts like a troll, posts like a troll ...

You're certainly entitled to your opinion, as misguided as it may be, but you're not entitled to the smug superiority with which you post. That's reserved for those of us with more than 3,090 posts thank you very much.
Ok, how much did Doc pay you??? Come on, own up. Lets see, Doc has 3,092 posts I believe. Gotta be a little payola going on here...;)

I don't have a twisted point of view, I live in reality and am not just an all out fanboy and think everything is good with the franchise. I look at things objectively and not that everything is better than it is.
Excuse me...an all out fanGIRL right here... ;)

Last edited:
You're certainly entitled to your opinion, as misguided as it may be, but you're not entitled to the smug superiority with which you post. That's reserved for those of us with more than 3,090 posts thank you very much.
Yeah I agree

Signed,
The Smug Slug;)

( For those who arent aware.. Ive been a member of this site for 11 years or so and have 20,000 posts .....or so)

1. This forum caters to the lower end. Don't take it to heart.
2. I understand about the identity issue. It's because the team is going to be rebuilding in the middle of already rebuilding. They switched directions with Tyreke and they have young pieces fitting an idea of the team that doesn't exist now. GS is still playing Nellie ball and still drafting for Nellie ball. That is why they have identity and yet no talent.
3. You're only a troll if you are disingenuous in:

a) Your interest in the subject
b) Your stance on the subject

As long as you sincerely like the Kings and your interest is the success of the team then I wouldn't call you a troll. You just have to be ready to deal with forum mentality. This is a mentality where people responding to you are ones who remember a history of new posters being accounts made just to troll, an environment where you have net bullies inciting a reactive behavior in the general community and you have a bunch of fans of a losing team who are already unhappy with watching loss after loss.

So, overall, back to point #1. Don't take it to heart. I come from a writing background, I face criticism all the time and I'm use to it and understand its usefulness. Other people aren't always like this. Such memes like "haters gonna hate" and "you don't know me" are products of a generation not use to having to defend themselves or their points. Any criticism, even to things they like and not to the person themselves, creates a new and frightening experience that they haven't learned how to react to. They take the short route and call you a troll, but again, it's not because of you. Post-irony is a beeyoch.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
2. I understand about the identity issue. It's because the team is going to be rebuilding in the middle of already rebuilding. They switched directions with Tyreke and they have young pieces fitting an idea of the team that doesn't exist now. GS is still playing Nellie ball and still drafting for Nellie ball. That is why they have identity and yet no talent.

As long as you sincerely like the Kings and your interest is the success of the team then I wouldn't call you a troll. You just have to be ready to deal with forum mentality. This is a mentality where people responding to you are ones who remember a history of new posters being accounts made just to troll, an environment where you have net bullies inciting a reactive behavior in the general community and you have a bunch of fans of a losing team who are already unhappy with watching loss after loss.

So, overall, back to point #1. Don't take it to heart. I come from a writing background, I face criticism all the time and I'm use to it and understand its usefulness. Other people aren't always like this. Such memes like "haters gonna hate" and "you don't know me" are products of a generation not use to having to defend themselves or their points. Any criticism, even to things they like and not to the person themselves, creates a new and frightening experience that they haven't learned how to react to. They take the short route and call you a troll, but again, it's not because of you. Post-irony is a beeyoch.
You made some decent points. It's a shame you had to preface it with your #1...

This forum is better than a large number of sports message boards in that we do truly try to maintain an air of decorum.

The person who started this thread jumped in here totally unknown - a rookie or stranger if you will - and immediately made some pretty strong comments. He made no allowance for those of us who have been members of this board for many years, but started to immediately jump to certain conclusions.

Yes, some of us responded defensively but we know who we are. He really needs to establish himself with cogent points before he can reasonably accept us to pay very much attention to what he says. In the meantime, HOW he makes those points is every bit as important as what is actually being said.

And I, dear sir, am not of the generation that you allege has no experience in defending themselves or the points they make. You do a great disservice to a lot of very good posters with those kinds of blanket statements.

bajaden

Hall of Famer

I agree with some of what you said. But with all due respect, this post is more about you, than it is him.

I agree with some of what you said. But with all due respect, this post is more about you, than it is him.
Nope.

It's more about the internet in general and telling him "this is just how it is". I'd wager you could take that post and transplant it into many other forums and remove my name or the OP and it still find it to be perfectly fitting and relevant. The only somewhat specific part is the "losing team".

There are plenty of criticism and disagreement on this forum that has been debate and continue to be debate upon. From Evans being a "true" pg, Casspi vs Donte, Hawes style of play, JT fouling issue, WP rotation and GP drafting/trading. But most debate only as good as the evidence presented. When you criticized with speculations and emotions, well the criticism should be mocked.

You shouldn't generalized people too much, there are all types in here. It's just a sign of ignorant IMO.

So, overall, back to point #1. Don't take it to heart. I come from a writing background, I face criticism all the time and I'm use to it and understand its usefulness. Other people aren't always like this. Such memes like "haters gonna hate" and "you don't know me" are products of a generation not use to having to defend themselves or their points. Any criticism, even to things they like and not to the person themselves, creates a new and frightening experience that they haven't learned how to react to.
Coming from a writing background is unlikely to be unique to you around this forum. Most people face criticism or critique on a regular basis, unless they are living on a deserted island. (On some days that does sound very appealing to me. ;))

I'm not sure to which generation you are referring? Maybe the newer gadget crazy generation? I do think constantly "tweeting" and "texting" encourages short, facile statements of dubious thought, analysis or import. Its much easier to sum things up in a sort of drive-by tweet, text or post. No time available for serious consideration or thoughtful, cogent comments.

Then again, not everything is really important. IMHO, this forum is definitely one of the better ones as far as sports forums goes. I do find some very intelligent folks around here and many who are serious students of the game of basketball. I value the time they take to make their points and support them with good research, analysis and thought. I've learned a lot.

I am actually glad this thread is still going on. I also come from a writing backround and I am pretty well versed in it. FYI: just because I choose to post on this forum now, doesn't mean I haven't been coming here for years, but I just felt the need to voice my views. I enjoy sports in general, but choose the NFL and NBA as my main sports to view since they are what I enjoy the most. I actually find athletics interesting how through time teams go through stretches of being good to great and then have to rebuild. I am not sure if the Kings will ever get to the point of Championship form again, but I also will tell your from my heart that if the Kings were not able to win a Title in 02' with that great team, I am not sure they ever will.....just my view. That team made the NBA in the regular season look like the Washington Generals vs the Globetrotters. That Kings team was special for sure. Can they get back there...hmmm

I also will tell your from my heart that if the Kings were not able to win a Title in 02' with that great team, I am not sure they ever will.....just my view.
Fair enough but I think your viewpoint has a lot of holes in it. I will call it how I see it. Why?

We don't know the future, but 2002 team is gone. This is a whole different team. We will have a whole different game style and hopefully with the right luck build a contender. A contender has as much chance to win as any other contender team. But to even state that we're not going to win ever because the 02 team can't win it then we'll never win it is silly.

Just because the Lakers won last year doesn't mean they're going to win this year either or is the best team this year.

It just seems to me and most will agree on here; that the Kings franchise has bad luck. WTF was up w/ how many free shots (throws) the Kings missed in game 7 in 02'? What if Vlade didin't hit the ball back to Horry in game 4? Once this NEW KINGS TEAM becomes mentally tougher than the old Kings teams, perhaps they can get over the proverbial NBA tilte hump......here is to hoping.

It just seems to me and most will agree on here; that the Kings franchise has bad luck. WTF was up w/ how many free shots (throws) the Kings missed in game 7 in 02'? What if Vlade didin't hit the ball back to Horry in game 4? Once this NEW KINGS TEAM becomes mentally tougher than the old Kings teams, perhaps they can get over the proverbial NBA tilte hump......here is to hoping.

We do have bad luck..but I think it's turning around. Our bad luck at getting the #4 pick is turning out to be good luck.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
swisshh said:

I don't want to belabor this point, but, yeah, there's always a but. But I think this statement is too much of a generalization. And conveniently, you seem to put yourself above the fray. Now I don't blame you for that. I certainly wouldn't want to be a part of the picture you painted. But not knowing your mind, I may be. This statement also comes across as just a wee bit condesending. You may not have intended to be, but thats how it struck me. Having had my share of literary misunderstandings, I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt.

I may have been a tad harsh in my response to his posts. And I'll admit that I don't have much patience for posters that are playing games. I'm 68 years old and I played most of these games myself a long time ago. And when I look back on myself from a long time ago, I realize that I was an idiot. And to be fair, he's certainly entitled to have his time to be an idiot as well. Just not with me. Been there and done that. There's a saying, and its true. Or at least its true for me. "You will reach a point in your life where you will no longer suffer fools". Unfortunately for him, or perhaps not, I've reached that point.

Perhaps because its at that same point in your life when you see your mortality. You realize that your time left might be shorter than planned. So you try to advoid filling it with nonsense. So you see, its not about disagreement with me. Its not about the team losing, and that losing affecting my mental approach to other posters. I'm actually quite happy with the team and the path its on. And at the same time, I realize that there are those that are more impatient than I'am. Or just think the path is the wrong path. And while I might disagree, I respect their opinion. I have been known to be wrong. Just ask my wife..

No, it comes down to nonsense. I tried to take said poster seriously at the beginning and respond to his posts accordingly. But after a while, it became apparent to me, that either he wasn't hearing what I was saying, not literally of course, or he had an agenda. Because his posts made no sense. They were the equivilent of me running out into the street and shouting that the world was going to end tomorrow, but offering no proof. No facts, other than the Mayans said so. Who knows they might be right.

Now he may not be a troll. But he does a very good immation of one. If he's not one, then I apologize to him. But if he is one, then he's despicable.

I appreciate your long post referring to what I am saying and disagreeing with my views as such, but I think to call them nonsense is unfair. You say I have no proof of the Kings not growing as a team and I that is incorrect. I don't think that only having 6 wins more than last year is much of an improvement. Sure, the Kings play harder than last year and don't go into "give up" mode like they used to, but to that point, they do make millions of dollars to play a kids game. If we all gave the same lack of effort at our slightly better than average paying jobs, most would be fired. I am 29 and have been involved in BMX racing, baseball, basketball, football and track, so I have a descent amount of knowledge when it comes to sport. I look at my favorite sports teams with an open outlook of what could be done better from a personel and coaching standpoint just as you senoir members. I am glad you guys are "rah rah" types, but I find it embarassing for the Kings to get blown out at home by a team like the Pistons or the GSW on the road. I am fully aware that the talent is pretty balanced across the board as far as athletically, but it is the mental part of sports that really doesn't get addressed like it should. From watching the Kings over the years, you all would have to agree that they have been mentally soft and still are...except for maybe Reke, Noc, Landry and Garcia. I hope the Kings can mesh as a collective group mentally and maturity wise over the summer and make a playoff run, but I think they are 2 years away. What do you guys think?:)

Status
Not open for further replies.